Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185721 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile

"Iliseth, your love for your children is without doubt, motherly. As such, I fully understand why you feel that you must go on about the superiority of humanity. However, you cannot measure greatness by size and technology alone."

Mavnon conjured an image.

"Look at the ants. Small in all ways and yet able to wield magics and defeat tyrants far greater than themselves. That they are even sapient is a greatness unto itself."

"The Maag are young and not much to look at true, but their knowledge will one day grow. In centuries to pass, they may one day surpass humanity."

"The dwarves are...short things, little more than small humans. While they may be slower and less widely spread than their morphological kin, they occupy an environment that breeds strong warriors and innovative craftsmen."

"And as for the Saplings...I would not measure their power in terms of civilisation, but by the number and wisdom of the females."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:03:15 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((What's happened?))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Nilva pesters more mortals~

This time glitter instead of ribbons.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"Humanity, obviously. With only my teachings of basic agriculture, pottery, and writing, they have created cities, fed those cities, built wondrous temples in my name, and have worked illustrations into their writing to tell epic stories. Their bodies make them the best warriors and they already have experience as the first and only hunters in the world. They are the best traders thanks to their technology, their bodies which let them travel far, their charisma which is a boon for negotiations, and the pack animals they gained from being the foremost in animal taming and training. No other race has yet to match Humanity."
"At least four of those claims...are false. And yes, you are the God of Leadership, I apologize...if I gave offense. But I doubt you would reward the leaders...with leadership, no? But on a different subject...I do not seek to be narrow-sighted...if you could inform me how I might expand my view...I would be grateful. You seem irritated by it, after all...I simply would rather not find myself dragged into debates...as to whose species is best, which would led nowhere...you know as well as I that I would favor my Saplings...Iliseth obviously prefers Humanity. Agreement would be scarce...and in the end meaningless, unless you give a scale to rate our species on...every race has it's advantages and positives...and every race is flawed in it's own way...it is the nature of things. Growth and shadow..."

"Frail is the wrong word. Saplings are like tree saplings in strength, Maag are built more for running than fighting, and they can run faster and have a height advantage over the dwarves. As for the Ants, are literally ant-sized. Even with their magic they wouldn't stand a chance against even a Human child."
"Also false...Saplings possess strength greater than humans...and resiliency as well...their disadvantage lies in speed and agility...and these things simply prove that the humans are all-rounders. Saplings have a height advantage against humans...and one could say that in comparison to them...Humans are built more for running than working...if you judge each by their weakest trait...of course Humanity will seem advantageous...they are not a bad creation...but they are by no means perfect...they fight among themselves often...with groups breaking down quickly and leadership being unstable...they are violent, and xenophobic...and yet not all are as such...they are, above all else, unpredictable, from what little I have seen of them...but you remind me of something..."

Teach the Saplings the secrets of woodworking, and architecture. Ask the Great Tree to work with them in it's growth to allow shelters above the level of the ground.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Lolwut? Portals are pretty lethal used right))
(Ant-sized portals aren't very lethal. Also, cake can be lethal is used right, too.)

"Look at the ants. Small in all ways and yet able to wield magics and defeat tyrants far greater than themselves. That they are even sapient is a greatness unto itself."
"That they are sapient is not an accomplishment in the slightest. In relative terms, it was their god who gave them sapience and in absolute terms, they are no more sapient than any other sapient race."

"The Maag are young and not much to look at true, but their knowledge will one day grow. In centuries to pass, they may one day surpass humanity."
"That they may one day surpass Humanity is not the issue here. I believe we are discussing which race is currently the greatest. Also, they were made in the same Tick as Humanity and so aren't as young as you might think."

"And as for the Saplings...I would not measure their power in terms of civilisation, but by the number and wisdom of the females."
(Wait what? Saplings have gender? Females are dominant? They have numbers? I need links.)

"Iliseth, your love for your children is without doubt, motherly. As such, I fully understand why you feel that you must go on about the superiority of humanity. However, you cannot measure greatness by size and technology alone."
"I am lauding their achievements so they can get whatever reward Patronius has in mind. As they have been faithfully worshipping me since their creation, it is my duty to provide them."

"Agreement would be scarce...and in the end meaningless, unless you give a scale to rate our species on...every race has it's advantages and positives...and every race is flawed in it's own way...it is the nature of things. Growth and shadow..."
"A scale would be nice to have in general, not just for this contest."

"Also false...Saplings possess strength greater than humans...and resiliency as well...their disadvantage lies in speed and agility...and these things simply prove that the humans are all-rounders. Saplings have a height advantage against humans..."
(Links please.)

"they fight among themselves often...with groups breaking down quickly and leadership being unstable...they are violent, and xenophobic..."
(lolwut!? I've never heard of any leadership struggles or instability, especially since I'm pretty sure it's the priesthood that run the civs. The extent of their violence is their hunting and their xenophobia is non-existent. They trade with Dwarves, live alongside Hearth Keepers with no trouble whatsoever, and are about to start trading with the Maag.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will leave the victory of this contest to others. Not that I do not believe that the Maag are capable of winning it, they are after all the fastest at making new discoveries, and they were even able to decipher our divine language before I could even translate it for them, and now use it as their primary language(admit that saying that they speak the language of the gods sounds awesome). It is just that I do not believe that a gift of leadership will serve them well under their new system. Only potential for abuse and corruption. I do not want to shatter their unison, which is a constant source of pride to me.

((and also Andres, didn't someone start racism between humans and dwarfs recently? Something about merchants arguing that their pots were better than the other's degenerating into hatred. That definitively counts as xenophobia, even if they didn't start it.))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Speaking of which, I must say I appreciate your offspring's achievement Lithus."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sevron floats in the void. Conjuring all of his essence, he directs it at one point, hoping to create a stone slab that would expand to encompass the whole and unblemished true history of the universe, the language of the divine scrawling itself on the stone's surface.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:55:24 am by Pencil_Art »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

"Ooh, what does it say about my sparring match?"

Aurosseu also checks the slab for any of his secrets, quickly defacing any he finds.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:01:34 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

'Sevron, spurred on by the actions of a certain god, constructs an after-image of him, guarding the stone from those who would deface it, with all of his power and 2 of his Crux. The spirit will then challenge Gods to duels if they decide to deface it, being able to use the power deposited in it to battle the god. It's crux is how much 'Sevron puts into it. He can deposit power and Crux into the spirit, though these will cap at 9.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha! I have nothing to hide and so have no reason to waste my energies attempting to destroy evidences! Aurosseus however seems to have a lot to hide. I'd recommend suspicion.

Lithus attempts to find as many juicy secrets as possible, which he quickly spreads to the whole assembly without any regard to other's privacy.

Only in truth will progress appear! Thank you 'Sevron for this amazing tool!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:04:57 am by FArgHalfnr »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(admit that saying that they speak the language of the gods sounds awesome).
(I talk to my peeps all the time and they can understand me just fine. I also taught them writing so they can read in the language of the gods too. The Maag learned writing from the Humans, not from you, assuming I'm interpreting the update correctly.)

((and also Andres, didn't someone start racism between humans and dwarfs recently? Something about merchants arguing that their pots were better than the other's degenerating into hatred. That definitively counts as xenophobia, even if they didn't start it.))
(It resulted in a rivalry of culture at worst. Considering it wasn't in the update, it might not've happened at all. Also, that would've been a single village being xenophobic when there are at least four entire Human civilisations scattered across three void-separated continents. Not very representative of the entire race.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(I talk to my peeps all the time and they can understand me just fine. I also taught them writing so they can read in the language of the gods too. The Maag learned writing from the Humans, not from you, assuming I'm interpreting the update correctly.)

((I'm pretty sure that is not the case. The update said that they had started to decipher the obelisk I gave them and then learned the whole language from me. I don't remember seeing any mention of the human teaching them.))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Forgot about this.)

Appear before a human and tell him of the litany of space.
Teach him the most complex concepts of mathematics and geometry his head can cope with and instruct him to build a school to study space and the relations of spaces, as well as mathematics and architecture. Grant him incredible charisma to do so.

Begin to construct starsigns. I construct the Wolf, the Panpiper, and the Drunk as intricate constellations to be gazed upon by the many inhabitants of our beloved planet.

I fetch a Human who's actually interested in the litany of space to take the place of whatever random Human Stellarion's picked (unless the guy is actually interested) and proceed to give him my blessing to build this school and learn from Stellarion.

((I'm pretty sure that is not the case. The update said that they had started to decipher the obelisk I gave them and then learned the whole language from me. I don't remember seeing any mention of the human teaching them.))
Lithus/Luthus creates a massive obelisk with the text of the Gods scrolling up it, so they may know what is happening. The Maag, being quite intelligent and having heard of writing from the Humans, begin reading it immediately.
(You didn't have time to teach them and unless they used telepathic powers to read your mind, they wouldn't have instantly been able to read it unless they already knew how to read.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:35:45 am by Andres »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Looking at Teburshe, Iliseth doesn't find what she is looking for. She does notice a few mortal souls floating about aimlessly in the realm of the Gods, likely lost due to having no where specified to go.
Iliseth goes to these souls and gathers them together. (No energy, just telling them to gather.) She asks them what it physically feels like to be around gods. Afterwards, she converses with those who want to converse then proceeds to found both a choir and a fight club. This should alleviate the boredom a little bit, at least until an afterlife is made.
Izgamlo creates a small featureless pocket dimension inside itself where the souls of its faithful can be stored, safe from the actions of other beings, especially the other gods. Thus pre-emptively stopping Illiseth from accessing them. The souls enter a state of stasis for now to keep them from getting bored until I can make the afterlife more interesting.

((If this would overflow and reduce my crux below 4, don't carry out the action))

Leave the souls of my believers alone please.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 01:42:25 am by Demonic Spoon »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 137