Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185724 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

I refuse to play a game of hide and seek. Say your piece or do not.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile

"I want to create a portal to a conceptual spacce, where emotions manifest and show you your truest desires and fears. In my opinion, travelers should let out a prayer to you and to me respectively, for your magnificient portal eases the travelling through space.
In the space of emotions, one would recceive visions of the soul as well as temptations, if you are able to understand these manifestations without dying or going insane you will be led to a place, where you will receive a prophecy, as well as a quest for your life.

Understanding space means to learn how to skip space, as well as finding the space within your own self."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting. My involvement would probably only be in creating the portal, which would be cheap compared to the essence investment that would probably required to make a plane of emotions. If you two manage to make one however, I'd be willing to make portals to it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:58:56 am by Demonic Spoon »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lithus visits the Aag nation:
A tragedy have hit us. I know that many of you have lost people you loved and cared for, and the nation is now in a state of instability. Fortunately, the governing system I have implemented is especially resilient to such events. A new election cycle is to be made immediately to replace the lost leaders. Utther is most certainly responsible for this heinous act. Remember the frowning owls he had created to pester you? Slaughter all of those who dare enter the desert, and invent as many ways to eliminate them as you can. Consider this a declaration of war against this monster, I will deal with him personally.

Condense 4 units of power in a blast of energy to annihilate Utther's asteroid.

Lithus/Luthus then answer to prayers:
Disgruntled ant:
I am happy to see that some of you wish to see progress. Perhaps you should bring this issue, along with like-minded people, to your leaders. If they refuse to change, preferring stagnation, I have two solutions for you:
1-Find all of those who think similarly to you and begin to work on making things progress together.
2-If your leaders turns out to be too rigid to even allow the first solution, direct a prayer to my second personality. The only way to fix a broken mechanism is to replace the cogs that won't move.

Maag/Wolf:
Interesting question. Skolld was the one who gave you this gift, but he seems to have no idea of the impacts it might have. Either that or he is unwilling to share his knowledge. I propose the scientific method, following this plan:
1-Find a partner to help you in your quest.
2-Locate an area cold and dark enough that you will not be able to sustain yourself.
3-Ask your partner to make and maintain a strong fire nearby.
4-Remain in wolf form away from said fire and wait enough time that you would normally feel the need for light and heat.
5-If you feel those needs, go back to the fire. You will have your answer at this point.
6-If you do not feel the need for light and heat, then what you suggested is correct.
You should both bring the supplies to make and maintain a campfire, along with the food and water a wolf would require, just in case. I also recommend bringing a Saag with you, he will be able to carry the supplies and help with various tasks at the camp. You should probably wait for the rain to dissipate, or find a settlement that will provide shelter if it takes too long to end.

Dwarf:
I am greatly pleased by the progress your kind have accomplished. You caught my curiosity when claiming to be the most advanced species. I believe I will attempt to verify this.
Watch every civilization. Does any of them seem more advanced than the others?

Lithus then address the Aag nation again:
I have heard a prayer dedicated to another god. I know it is usually considered impolite to answer for someone else, but a great idea have come to my mind. Someone asked how to deal with the dead. I propose to create teams of scientists who will dissect the dead in order to learn as much as possible from your own kind. Even thought the idea might seem unappealing, I believe the medical progress it will allow will be great enough to justify such an action. I believe that giving your body to science after your death is a great deed, as it allows to improve the life of those who will succeed you. Incineration might also be an option, and I am sure you will find a way to profit from it.

Finally, Lithus/Luthus returns to the assmebly.
Stellarion, your tower project is interesting. I propose you name it "Babylon".
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Regarding Babylon, that's just tempting Utther to destroy it though.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

(To dwarves)

Gods are not united in their actions, we have never been. It would apear that somone could not stand seeing peace and order among mortal races and devised a plan to strike at those who kept it such. Yet that is a matter for us to solve. You have done well in your task, and for that you shall be rewarded. Your next task is same as one you completed, let's see how fast you complete it.

Increase lifespawn of dwarves by 50%. This increase would not extend childhood, but dwarves would be at their prime longer and feel the effects of old age more slowly. Dwarves that are already old would improve in their condition as if they had lived with lifespawn extended.

Listen to some prayers this time.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:47:59 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good idea!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Utther will destroy it regardless of the name if he wants to. Don't let him control your fears, and fight back instead!

Good idea!

Do not believe you can ruin our creation with impunity, god of hatred. You anger everyone and have no one to protect you. You will cease to exist as soon as we deem you too much of a nuisance. Many of us already do.

Lithus/Luthus listen to prayers.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

"Lithus...I have a gift for you, I think...and Char, I think both I and Lithus would be quite grateful if you were to aid me in this endeavor...I would owe you a favor...though I was planning on possibly some Phoenix Trees or the like as a gift of sorts to you...I think it might aid your Maag in times of Shadow, as I know not all creatures can thrive in such conditions...I wish to create small rods or sticks that imitate the sun...giving immense amounts of light and heat off all around them...they would be a boon to both people, I should think..."

Keep spending power (two this time) on weather conditions and helping Saplings grow, particularly the new Great Trees
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 03:04:30 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do not believe you can ruin our creation with impunity, god of hatred. You anger everyone and have no one to protect you. You will cease to exist as soon as we deem you too much of a nuisance. Many of us already do.
Oi, you! I may be a god filled with hate, but I ain't no god of hate. You should'a stayed in school to learn the difference, your parents ought to be ashamed!
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Nilva continues bothering the mortals. This time she bothers the Clothier, she doesn't actually do anything, just general talking/poking him repeatedly with a wolf shaped stick. He nearly died and therefore gets a break encounter.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:25:50 pm by Kevak »

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Observe the mortals, find out which leaders survived (primarily humans, ants, maag, dwarves).

Create the Third Ring of Patronius: the Ring of Protection. It is inset with Citrine and grants the bearer defense against hostile spells and effects, whilst also granting him a resistance to physical attacks and increased luck (in terms of surviving). It possesses all traits of the Rings of Patronius (increased intelligence, ability to change its shape, etc).

Listen to the prayers of my subjects.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Nilva continues bothering the mortals. This time she bothers the Clothier, she doesn't actually do anything, just general talking/poking him repeatedly with a wolf shaped stick. He nearly died and therefore gets a break encounter.
((This is ridiculous.))

"Why are many deities idiots?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Why are many deities idiots?"
Because none of ya have any respect for yer elders or tradition! This used to be a good neighborhood you know!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

"Old man, I'm tempted to sear you from existance for your wanton genocide. However I feel like others will accomplish that for me."
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 137