Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185184 times)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (21/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 10: Hello Friend!
« Reply #945 on: June 13, 2015, 10:15:23 am »

"Hey, one of you asked about souls earlier. Who was it? I have a plan which involves elemental wolf souls."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #946 on: June 13, 2015, 11:26:40 am »

Bah! Don't listen to that ingrate! I only killed off the leaders, brought about some damn change on these rocks.
Sides, they've killed off tons of people with all the damn things they've created and splashed around with no regard!

The big problem I have with this is that you deliberately caused genocide, whereas the in the other cases it was either an accidental side affect, in the case of the flood, or caused by the mortals of their own free will, in the case of the ants. You do not have that excuse. You brought this upon yourself, young man. Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to check up on my followers and completely ignore your inane ramblings while doing so.

Also, greetings Verruckt.

Check on the Loi'naaryt and my followers amongst other races. Listen to some prayers.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 13, 2015, 12:19:12 pm »

"'Accidental', right. The god of conflict 'accidentally' killed people in a flood. How was it supposed to not kill people? Please, enlighten me. I'm sure Uztot would also like to know the answer. He'd just be more insufferably polite about it."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 13, 2015, 12:20:44 pm »

"Do you not know what he is guilty of? He used all his Power in a pulse that killed the vast majority of the world's leaders, causing wide-spread chaos and confusion."
Surely presenting chaos as a negative thing to the god of this very aspect is a bad way to convince him. I would rather point out Utther's tendency to ruin all things fun and bring sadness and anger to everyone. His owls were created for this purpose after all.

Oh, and hello Verruckt. Tell me, do you support progress? Do you wish to see things improve?

Or maybe you enjoy revolt, the change it brings? To see corrupt leaders get what they deserve?

Oh, and Uztot, is that a split personality I spy with my little eye?

It seems we might have more in common that I initially thought...
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 13, 2015, 12:30:10 pm »

"Do you not know what he is guilty of? He used all his Power in a pulse that killed the vast majority of the world's leaders, causing wide-spread chaos and confusion."
"Is it a reason to become barbaric ourselves? He is still trapped in a mortal body, and does he have to suffer. I see his walk on the mortal side of live as a way to learn how conflict can bring forth the change needed within our space."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: June 13, 2015, 12:31:00 pm »

"If I'm a split personally I'm an unusual one. My memories run longer than the creation of this place. But I've decided it doesn't matter what I am. The power of the divine has made me real. You can call me Azem by the way."

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #951 on: June 13, 2015, 12:36:35 pm »

"'Accidental', right. The god of conflict 'accidentally' killed people in a flood. How was it supposed to not kill people? Please, enlighten me. I'm sure Uztot would also like to know the answer. He'd just be more insufferably polite about it."

Well, I saw it as accidental.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: June 13, 2015, 12:39:44 pm »

"...from what I could tell...it did not kill very many...inconvenienced many, yes...but it was no rushing tidal wave...it was a buildup of rain...and it encouraged many inventions...but the death of the world's leaders...artists...scholars?...that leads nowhere save ruin..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: June 13, 2015, 12:45:49 pm »

"Feel free to ignore the ancient dragon-god, not that you'll believe me on that count. Speaking of which,

Azem changes into the form of an emerald dragon.

"Much better."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: June 13, 2015, 12:47:38 pm »

"...from what I could tell...it did not kill very many...inconvenienced many, yes...but it was no rushing tidal wave...it was a buildup of rain...and it encouraged many inventions...but the death of the world's leaders...artists...scholars?...that leads nowhere save ruin..."

Agreed. His action would've been justified if he targeted corrupt, evil or stupid leaders. He cannot claim to have done the world a favor if he did not discriminate in his slaughter.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: June 13, 2015, 01:43:08 pm »

Grant the trapped god a warm blanket, a nice meal, and a stick of a wanderer.

"Here little friend, so your stay is not so cold."
I already got my cane, but thanks anyway. Maybe you kids aren't all bad.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: June 13, 2015, 01:49:58 pm »

Aurosseu rubs his hands where eyes would be, yawns, slowly stands up and throws the cane away. It lands near mortal-Utther two Ticks ago.

"Good morning, I've woken up. Or perhaps I've fallen asleep and am now lucidly dreaming. Or maybe we're all just dreams of a bunch of trans-dimensional beings tapping on some sort of boards of keys to dictate our actions. Who knows?"

"Onto *yawn* business, let's see what's been going on...Utther punished disproportionately, Mavnon scot-free...Various creations made...Many prayers answered...Ritual Stone became sapient...New God, hello...Azem is speaking through Uztot...Hm, y'all really need me around, you know that?"

Aurosseu takes full inventory: followers, energy resources, general influence, and so on. He then listens to a double-amount of prayers to catch up with those lost in sleep.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: June 13, 2015, 01:55:49 pm »

"There is a difference between murder...and manslaughter, Aurosseu...the mortals survived the flood well, and learned from it...Utther simply wrought havoc...but I would recommend neither of them attempt such a stunt in the future...many gods were apparently displeased by them...moreover, I fail to see what difference you would have made, Aurosseu...in any case...I move for Utther to be released after this Tick...it will do little good to keep him much longer..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: June 13, 2015, 01:59:17 pm »

Aurosseu rubs his hands where eyes would be, yawns, slowly stands up and throws the cane away. It lands near mortal-Utther two Ticks ago.
I now have 1 stick and 2 canes. Why the hell would i need all these dammit?!
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: June 13, 2015, 02:00:40 pm »

"...well, if one broke whilst being smashed over the head of an scoundrel...you would have a backup, at least..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 137