Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185824 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 12: Digging Deeper
« Reply #1050 on: June 16, 2015, 09:36:40 pm »

"This is distressing."

"Weren't the Rilem Dwarves taking over human tribes?"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 16, 2015, 09:45:11 pm »

Good point Nilva, but why would they create an independent kingdom? I am certain that a god is behind this. This god is most likely allied, whenever publicly or secretly, to whoever created clan Rilem, explaining why their territory is untouched. Who was it again? He might know something.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 16, 2015, 09:50:54 pm »

"Old Man Uztot, why don't you bring discord and conflict to your people here? It might bring progress and prosperity to them, and increase their space of freedom."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 16, 2015, 09:53:30 pm »

"That would be Mavnon."

"Old Man Uztot, why don't you bring discord and conflict to your people here? It might bring progress and prosperity to them, and increase their space of freedom."
Uztot blinks.
"If you were talking to me, you want my antithesis, Mavnon. Or perhaps Utther."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 11: Conquering
« Reply #1054 on: June 16, 2015, 11:18:31 pm »

Maag Obelisk Watcher: Well, I don't need to eat, all I do is gain wisdom from this Obelisk. But I could gain more wisdom from having sacred dreams!
Nightmaring Ant: As they catch the dreamer and start licking him, their tongues grow to massive tentacles and sprout thorns!
  • Aurosseu gives the Maag a taste of power by granting him 10 days of divine sleep.
  • Aurosseu investigates around the sleeper in both dreams and the waking world for any creatures or objects causing nightmares, and quarantines any found. He then retries granting sweet dreams. Uses up to 2P, but as little as necessary.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 16, 2015, 11:45:19 pm »

In the middle of nowhere, I try to raise a mountain as high as I can using Art within safe parameters (as in it won't hurt me). (No energy. This is also a test to find out how divine energy works.)

I look for the soulless dwarves' bodies.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 04:25:50 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 17, 2015, 01:21:33 am »

I use one power to continue empowering the workers on the tower, and one essence to strengthen the tower, strengthening the base materials used in construction.

Take some time to teach magic to ten random mortals who wish to learn it.

Mavnon, I find the Mobile Portal Doctrine to be appealing, but sadly the way I set up the magic makes it difficult to use effectively. You might be able to use livestock to power the portals. Perhaps if you gave them a way of enchanting artifacts that suck up the large amounts of lifeforce and such released from the dead in battles that can then later be used to power portals? Just some thoughts.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:24:04 pm by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 17, 2015, 01:37:29 am »

I use 2 power to continue empowering the workers on the tower, and two essence to strengthen the tower, fusing individual building blocks into a solid and whole and strengthening the base materials used in construction, my sigil begins appearing at several spots on the inside and outside of the tower.

Mavnon, I find the Mobile Portal Doctrine to be appealing, but sadly the way I set up the magic makes it difficult to use effectively. You might be able to use livestock to power the portals. Perhaps if you gave them a way of enchanting artifacts that suck up the large amounts of lifeforce and such released from the dead in battles that can then later be used to power portals? Just some thoughts.

"To be true, I had assumed the dwarves would be intelligent enough to sacrifice animals for this magic. I seem to have overestimated them which is a shame as I had thought them as my favoured children. Luckily, my other side projects have born fruit. Clan Rilem has been given enough tools. If they can't make use of my gifts, they may as well fade into memory and allow others to triumph."

'You must be referring to me brother. Suffice to say, Agents have been at work. Wait your turn with the rest."

Good point Nilva, but why would they create an independent kingdom? I am certain that a god is behind this. This god is most likely allied, whenever publicly or secretly, to whoever created clan Rilem, explaining why their territory is untouched. Who was it again? He might know something.

"I'll be truthful in this matter: I do not put all my eggs in one basket, so to speak. Would be foolish to invest in one race."

[/font]
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 17, 2015, 04:01:06 am »

It is quite possible portal magic was simply unfamiliar to them, and they weren't aware they could do that. After all, it can take years to fully master its intricacies, and their teaching might have been imperfect. Where did they learn it again?

I believe it unwise to so quickly abandon invested resources if they slightly displease you.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 17, 2015, 05:04:21 am »

[Skolld, god of Binding and Bone.]

Skolld transcends his wolf form, to better command the wolves.
"The earth wolves shoulder heavy binds, too heavy. I will lighten the pain from your binds temporarily, so you are not crippled, without decreasing your control of the earth.
The pain will return in full force once the time is up, so use this time to go to the civilizations, and teach them the error of their ways.
"
Lighten the pain from the earth bind without limiting their power. Do this for 3 ticks.

"I shall also change you to something that is not a wolf, and your home shall now be closer to the earth, not in the mountains.
If anyone hurts you recklessly with digging tunnels, you have my permission to make their tunnels cave-in. They shall learn to respect the earth, and you along with it.
"
Change the earth wolves. Their bodies becoming more compact, and they skulls shorter, but with stronger bone, and a bite that can go through bone.
They shall have long hairs on their face with which they feel, so they can easier navigate forests in the night, and caves without light. Their legs become able to do great leaps.
Their eyes shall more easily adapt to the dark of night, and be better adapted to vertical movement. Their fur shall be shorter, and patterned in yellow and black. They shall become jaguars.

"You shall now be known as the earth jaguars, and you shall crush those who do not heed your pain.
Maybe one day people will find a way to dig that does not hurt you as much, if at all.
"
Skolld returns to his wolf form, and may use up to 4 crux if necessary to do his actions.

The change to the earth jaguars shall be a voluntary act, those who accept the form shall enjoy the benefits.
But their fur will be so short they cannot go to the mountain tops, due to the cold.

"Those who wants the blessing of becoming an Earth Jaguar shall find it beneficial in the lower grounds, but cannot go to the mountain, as your fur would be too thin.
This is a big decision, so choose carefully.
"

Edit: Changed the action.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:49:21 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 17, 2015, 05:11:42 am »

"Might I suggest not forcing a formchange on an entire species? Let them decide their own form on the individual basis."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 17, 2015, 05:26:02 am »

((I assume you're talking to Skolld. If not, disregard this post.))

"Might I suggest not forcing a formchange on an entire species? Let them decide their own form on the individual basis."
[Skolld, god of Binding and Bone]

"I put the binds on these wolves, but it isn't enough with these bodies. They need a more adapted body in order to more effectively do their duty.
It is only some of the wolves, those aligned with the element of the earth, you got plenty of other wolves.
"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 17, 2015, 05:32:15 am »

"The difference is they are sapient. They have their own minds. Doesn't really matter if you made them sapient initially. They've bred. The children have grown their entire lives as wolves. Don't force a form shift on the entire race. Instead ask on the individual level. Let each one chose for themselves."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 17, 2015, 05:44:36 am »

"The difference is they are sapient. They have their own minds. Doesn't really matter if you made them sapient initially. They've bred. The children have grown their entire lives as wolves. Don't force a form shift on the entire race. Instead ask on the individual level. Let each one chose for themselves."
[Skolld, god of Binding and Bone]

"I do not change my mind, but I shall let them choose. In their own way.
Oh, and how do you speak to me, who are you? I haven't heard the other gods ever since I took this form.
"

Skolld transcends once again, to change the nature of his curse, and change the command (there's a delay between sending and receiving).

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 17, 2015, 05:49:24 am »

"I will block you if you do not allow them to choose. Unlike you, I have the energy to do so. Likely many will take the change, makes them more specialized. However some will not want to change. You're committing a divine equivalent of rape if you don't ask permission."

"As for speaking to other gods. You need to listen. Have you listened~?"
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 137