Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185200 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 14:Cold War?
« Reply #1275 on: June 22, 2015, 12:53:16 am »

Uztot suddenly takes the form of a wolf-like cat and pounces on Nilva.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: June 22, 2015, 12:55:23 am »

Nilva mrawls and rolls with wolfcat!uztot, bopping their head with a pillow~
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 01:16:18 am by Kevak »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: June 22, 2015, 01:08:20 am »

Good luck everyone with this new pantheon. I hope our respective ones will maintain a better relation than we had with the previous one.

Tell my church to begin performing charity, helping inventor, scientists and artists in need with donations. The church is also to organize a yearly fair, allowing every local inventors to compete to show their greatest invention to the public. A contest will be made to determine the best invention in many different categories, rewarding the winners with monetary rewards and a trophy. Worshiping me is in no way required to benefit or participate to any of these. These actions will be done at every location where there is a sufficient following to allow it, even outside the Aag territory, but only within patronius-controlled territory if he allows it.

Patronius, do you have any objection for these actions to apply in your lands as well?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: June 22, 2015, 01:14:06 am »

Patronius, do you have any objection for these actions to apply in your lands as well?

It's up to Frederick whether to allow it or not; I mean what I said earlier. Outside of hostile actions or actions from hostile Gods, I don't plan on directly intervening in these sorts of affairs. I will not try to sway him one way or another on this matter.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: June 22, 2015, 05:28:29 am »

Good luck everyone with this new pantheon. I hope our respective ones will maintain a better relation than we had with the previous one.

Tell my church to begin performing charity, helping inventor, scientists and artists in need with donations. The church is also to organize a yearly fair, allowing every local inventors to compete to show their greatest invention to the public. A contest will be made to determine the best invention in many different categories, rewarding the winners with monetary rewards and a trophy. Worshiping me is in no way required to benefit or participate to any of these. These actions will be done at every location where there is a sufficient following to allow it, even outside the Aag territory, but only within patronius-controlled territory if he allows it.

Not only allow this in Rilem lands, but make it a supported holiday of the High Church. A form of ecumenism, as such. All fairs in Rilem land will be proudly sponsored by the Clan High Church/ All winners (as well as those with legitimately good inventions) will be offered employment by the Clan. This would include royalties should their inventions become a useable product. Illyria is to be given the discretion to choose amongst the contestants for apprentices and inventions she finds interesting.

Other orders:
1. Set up the Academy of Stones in the Rilem Mountainhome. It is to be the Clan's foremost academical institution teaching courses in everything that can be taught. Special divisions are to be created to analyse information from the Ritualstones, monitor the progress of the Aag and developments amongst the Dwarves. Individuals of high academical knowledge are invited from all over the world to teach and research at the Academy.
2. Set up the Adventurer's Guild in CRD territories to serve as a HQ for all adventurers. Every member must simply partake of the Fountain and pay a small fee for membership. In return, they will be provided free board and food in Adventurer Chapters throughout the world, legal advice as well as a general amnesty from crimes prior to their membership. The establishment of these chapters are to be funded mostly by the Clan. 10% of all loot is to be given back the Guild and 5% to the Clan.
3. Send an announcement to the Orcish nomads. From now on small raids (be it for cattle, slaves or boredom) will be encouraged towards every civilisation amongst the fragments without exception. Extermination and razing is not. Any highly successful orc will be aptly rewarded by Mavnon.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:32:31 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: June 22, 2015, 06:21:33 am »

Get Lan Cao's spynetworks to determine if any independent human tribes were supporting the rebels. If so, they are to be given an ultimatum: demilitarisation and opening their trade networks to Rilem. Should they refuse, warn them that the Armies of Rilem are completely intact and very much ready to invade.

Any rebel supporter within Clan territory are to be arrested and given a choice: an oath between themselves and Mavnon to serve her forever until death or the indentured servitude of themselves and their descendants. Any informers who can locate these rebel sympathisers (who have proven to be actual sympathisers by Lan Cao's spies) are to be rewarded with full Clan membership, possession of the accused and their possesions should their association with the rebels be proven.

Any practitioners of Art are to be rounded up. If determined to be loyal to the rebels or Iliseth, they are to be 'studied' by Illyria for possible uses.

The worship of Iliseth within Clan lands, while allowed, is to be monitored by the government. Iliseth must be worshiped in a way that is supportive of Clan rule.

"Please cancel these actions. They are draconian, unnecessary, and only serve to harm."
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 06:26:56 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: June 22, 2015, 06:34:59 am »

"I am willing to negotiate on all point save the second. Give me good reason why I ought not. There is more than 'harm' to this, sister."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: June 22, 2015, 06:45:22 am »

"All three members of ILU have made peace with Patronius. You would be shaming your partner in continuing your warlike actions after he'd successfully negotiated with three different gods for peace."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: June 22, 2015, 06:52:26 am »

"Oh? But I am not. I am simply securing the lands that have already been conquered. I have simply ordered Rilem to threaten any other tribes should they continue aiding rebels and only if they are aiding rebels."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: June 22, 2015, 06:58:01 am »

"By continuing to occupy Human territory, you are most certainly continuing your warlike actions. I'll make you a deal: remove your armies from Human lands and cease all actions against me. In exchange, I'll found an organisation specifically to fight your Orcs or whoever else you would send out to fight. This will satisfy your desire for conflict more than suppressing all dissension and rebellion would, I think."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: June 22, 2015, 07:03:08 am »

Mavnon smiled. "You think soothing my addiction is why I created the Orcs? Oh no sister, they have a much more noble purpose. I just hope they can accomplish it before some god kills them."

"As for your your offer...no, I think not...would be a horrible reward to the Clan..."

A thought came to Mavnon.

"Actually, if you can convince the dwarves to leave themselves without killing them, then I would make no move to challenge you. Even better if you can make the humans do it."

((These are to only occur if the CRDs do not accept Iliseth's offer below.))

Get Lan Cao's spynetworks to determine if any independent human tribes were supporting the rebels. If so, they are to be given an ultimatum: demilitarisation and opening their trade networks to Rilem. Should they refuse, warn them that the Armies of Rilem are completely intact and very much ready to invade.

Any rebel supporter within Clan territory are to be arrested and given a choice: an oath between themselves and Mavnon to serve her forever until death or the indentured servitude of themselves and their descendants. Any informers who can locate these rebel sympathisers (who have proven to be actual sympathisers by Lan Cao's spies) are to be rewarded with full Clan membership, possession of the accused and their possesions should their association with the rebels be proven.

Any practitioners of Art are to be rounded up. If determined to be loyal to the rebels or Iliseth, they are to be 'studied' by Illyria for possible uses.

The worship of Iliseth within Clan lands, while allowed, is to be monitored by the government. Iliseth must be worshiped in a way that is supportive of Clan rule.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:44:49 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: June 22, 2015, 07:08:16 am »

Offer the CRD 2E worth of gold, silver, and jewels in exchange for leaving Humanity's settlements and not coming back, to be given over a period of time so they don't just take the bribe and attack again. It's a lot better than staying for the next few year/decades/centuries suppressing Human revolts for whatever poor metals their technology allows them to dig up.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:38:03 am by Andres »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: June 22, 2015, 07:24:33 am »

(Double-post for important bump.)

(Because of the nature of the above action, I'm guess you're delaying your actions until the CRD give a response?)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: June 22, 2015, 07:36:27 am »

<Lorash, God of Metals and Memories>

Check on how dwarves are doing society wise. How the dwarves are distributed (or not distributed) into nations/kingdoms and how they feel about that.
Check on how dwarves are doing tech wise. How good are dwarven scientists/inventiors compared to those of other races and have they found out how to use iron yet?

My priests are to establish temples and travel the lands, using their skill of forging golemic limbs to heal people. Not entirely for free of course, those that could pay would do so (coin, goods, information are all well), and those that cannot would work off their debt instead. They would spread my word among those who would wish to hear it and take those most interested as aprentices. The temples built would be not only places of worship, but also forges of golem parts, and would contain detailed maps of surounding lands, updated by what priests would find out while traveling.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: June 22, 2015, 07:39:40 am »

(Double-post for important bump.)

(Because of the nature of the above action, I'm guess you're delaying your actions until the CRD give a response?)

((If they accept, my actions won't go ahead. If they don't, they will. I'll move them to my latest post so that Stirk doesn't do them anyway.))
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 137