Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185201 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 15:No War?
« Reply #1365 on: June 25, 2015, 03:55:24 am »

(Not)Thirsty Nomad: I don't know what you did, but they are letting us drink from it now! Thank Nilva! (Nilva -2P)
"I used logic. I pointed out how stupid it would be if you poisoned the very water you intended to drink from. They figured it out from there~"

Worried Nomad: A Wolf bit someone in the Great Tribe, and they captured it and are preparing it for execution! What should we do?
Nilva spends one power to teleport the wolf to the nomads. She also chastises the Great Tribe. "You know. I don't think it's particularly logical to execute a nonsapient animal. No other animals will learn. Because they don't think. You'd do well to not be ridiculous next time." One power to make the people who thought it would be a smart idea to execute a nonsapiant realize how stupid it was that they thought that would do anything.

Semi-Sentient Worse: (Feelings of mild annoyance at having to drag Nomads around)
Headpats are applied. Point out it'll be able to get dragged around by worses in a few months.

Nomadic Nomad: Is it still safe to travel through Orc Lands?
"Just eat them if they try anything. Not like they have any way to permanently harm any of you. Can always orient towards redundancy if you don't feel like getting big."

Nighttime Human Minstrel: Ach! Those toneless Nomads keep howling all night, ruining the Music I am trying to perform in the Chiten moonlight!
"I think you'll find they have quite a bit of tone to them if you actually listen. Those aren't just random howls. It's the song of the fractured world."

Human Tribesman: Why do those Nomads have so many weird animals with them?
"Because they travel the world. The animals may seem weird to you, but they're normal on other Shards. There's a lotta stuff out there if you explore."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: June 25, 2015, 04:19:26 am »

Worried Nomad: A Wolf bit someone in the Great Tribe, and they captured it and are preparing it for execution! What should we do?
Nilva spends one power to teleport the wolf to the nomads. She also chastises the Great Tribe. "You know. I don't think it's particularly logical to execute a nonsapient animal. No other animals will learn. Because they don't think. You'd do well to not be ridiculous next time." One power to make the people who thought it would be a smart idea to execute a nonsapiant realize how stupid it was that they thought that would do anything.
"Wait a moment. Delay both actions. Many Ticks ago a Human husband was bitten by an animal and for some reason felt happy.
That this "wolf" is reported as one would any other sapient ((with a capital first letter)) tells me that it too is sapient.
The Wolf merely bit the Human and apparently did nothing else. What normal wolf just bites a Human? Wolves snarl to warn enemies and only bite to kill. It's being executed for biting a Human - not for attempting to kill or eat it. This is strange.
Normally I wouldn't care that a wolf bit someone, but this seems far different than at first glance. I likely wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't put 2 Power worth of interest into this event."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: June 25, 2015, 04:52:43 am »

"What are you even going on about?"

"As a general rule. Wolves will bite as a deterrent when threatened. Wolves do not always bite to kill. If cornered. Wolves will bite to scare away whomever cornered them. They will do what they can to flee. Even if it includes biting and not killing. Please do not try arguing this with the God of Wolves. You don't know what you're talking about."

"Power is extremely easy to regenerate. I haven't been using it enough. Might as well waste it on trivial things."

".. Reported as one would a sapient? What are you even talking about? Do you hear what you sound like? Odds are is it's just a misbehaving pet. Or maybe the Nomad just likes wolves."

"You do realize the person's biting was completely unrelated from the happy right? He stated he felt happy. A Month after he was bitten. Do try to pay attention to timeframes. It makes you less ridiculous."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: June 25, 2015, 04:56:54 am »

"....I'm going to forgive you for those insults. In any case, I have more important matters to worry about. Deal with it however way you want."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: June 25, 2015, 05:01:10 am »

"Not so much insults as statements of what you're perceived as when you say things like that. If you would like an example of an actual insult, I can provide, although I would rather not, as it would very likely piss you off."

"I shall indeed deal with it~ Have fun doing whatever you're going off to do. I honestly haven't the faintest what you've been up to."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: June 25, 2015, 10:28:40 am »

Spoiler: Prayers (click to show/hide)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: June 25, 2015, 10:57:20 am »

((Skolld didn't consult the pantheon when making Shamanism, so it wouldn't be aided in the slightest.))
[Skolld, god of Binding and Bone]

The pain reduction of the Earth Wolves / Jaguars should dissipate soon.
Skolld transcends his wolf body once more.
"I will grant those willing a change of body, for one with waterproof fur, and better swimming. But it's also smaller, much smaller. So it's a decision not to be taken lightly."
Transform the Water Wolves that are willing, into Water Otters.
"Your task is to ensure the well-being of the sea and water, and manage the waves and water distribution, in cooperation with the Air Wolves' weather control.
So go out, and make sure the civilizations are more careful, and if anyone recklessly pollutes the water or cause you pain, you have my permission to drown them.
"
Skolld returns to his wolf form, and goes to search for the fire wolves.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: June 25, 2015, 11:52:43 am »

Verruckt appears before the adventurers he has been training.

It appears you are ready. You have trained hard and become individuals who can accomplish the greatest of feats and realize the most ambitious of dreams...

Now is the time. Think hard about what you wish for most. Go out into the world and make your dreams become reality. Let no one tell you what you are capable of but rather meet every challenge to your ambitions with an impregnable will to succeed.

Verruckt vanishes.

Now that I think about it, it's also a little ridiculous that adventurers need to physically carry their evolution orbs around.

Make it so that evolution orbs fuse with the heart of whomever touches them. If they lack a heart, it becomes a heart like structure in their body.
This only applies to people who are not already fused with an evolution orb. Those who already have one will be able to handle additional orbs as usual.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: June 25, 2015, 03:53:41 pm »

IT seEms thaT this NEw kInGdom iS unITEd iN tHEir HaTRed Of us.Perhaps we should BE CONCERNED about this? ANYWAYS, I will attempt peaceful discussion with THEM. Please do not engage IN EXTERMINATION campaigns against them, AS THE reputation of all OF US is at play HERE.

Spoiler:  Kingly vists (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: prayers (click to show/hide)

Another public services announcement for the nation:
Sigh, it seems war threaten this land once again. The attacker is the new kingdom, at the frontier that separate us from them. Any civilian within the targeted zone should attempt to evacuate the area temporarily, until the menace is driven out to avoid pointless deaths. Forts will need to be built all over the outskirt of the nation, not only to protect from invaders, but also from these orc pillagers.

Despite these bad news, there is still good things happening. War against the human kingdom was avoided, the worship of patronius is therefore allowed again.

Some of you might have heard about someone who was kept hidden from the public, he is the first to take part in a new initiative I have thought of. The number of crimes should decrease, as the goal of this initiative is to find a constructive use to people who would normally be harmful to the society. I have begun this project by recruiting people with psychopathic and sadistic tendencies to perform experiments that would be considered unappealing normally, such as dissections, so that they may relieve their urges without harming anyone. These experiments are always supervised by a team of scientist whose purpose is to make sure that they are always done for the advancement of science. The initial overseeing team did not include any Kaag due to the gruesome nature of these experiments, but feel free to apply if you can endure these kind of things. Psychopaths and sadists are free to join the team, and are even encouraged to do so, as these experiments will not result in prison sentences, unlike murder and torture of innocents. I will also try to find a productive use to other flaws in the future. If any of you have a suggestion, feel free to bring it to either one of the councils or me.

One last thing: when addressing me, you may all call me by my name. I never found fancy titles to be particularly appealing.

Forts similar to the previous ones are to be built all over the frontier and be staffed. The army is to prepare for the new kingdom's offensive. They are to be pushed back outside the desert again. No incursion in their territory is to be made for now, as I still wish to negotiate the end of this war. Psychopath and sadists who wish to join the team lead by Dr. Mangler are to be accepted. Those who wish to join the overseeing team can do so as long as there is a need for more of them. A psychological test is to be made to determine if they can support the gruesomeness of the experiments. Psychologists are to be made available to the overseeing team. If psychology do not exist yet, teach the basics of it to a group of citizens who would be interested in doing this as a profession. All churches dedicated to me are to offer free psychological help to anyone without requesting my worship in exchange as soon as feasible.

Effort is to be made during the war to make as much captives as possible, without taking unreasonable risks while doing this. Each fort should also have it's own prison, and those who work in it should attempt to capture invaders instead of killing them whenever it is reasonably possible to do so.

Edit: ((Don't repeat actions if they are both in the speech and in the bold part.))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:19:52 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: June 25, 2015, 04:13:40 pm »

Quote from: prayers
Maag Obelisk: Is he real? Is what he says true?
Lizardman Recruit: Such as what?
"To the first, I am inclined to believe he is. To the second, I cannot be sure."

"Do you have any skills or know any trades that would help?"

Uztot listens to prayers. He also discusses Leadership with Frederick, often using parenthood as a metaphor.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: June 25, 2015, 04:38:43 pm »

Listen to prayers.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: June 25, 2015, 04:48:17 pm »

Quote from: prayers
Maag Obelisk: Is he real? Is what he says true?
Lizardman Recruit: Such as what?
"To the first, I am inclined to believe he is. To the second, I cannot be sure."

"Do you have any skills or know any trades that would help?"

Uztot listens to prayers. He also discusses Leadership with Frederick, often using parenthood as a metaphor.

Perhaps this Lizardman could become a war medic? This will undoubtedly be useful.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: June 25, 2015, 05:23:43 pm »

"Perhaps. Do you think the Kaag will make good psychologists?"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: June 25, 2015, 05:38:00 pm »

"Perhaps. Do you think the Kaag will make good psychologists?"

Yes, their high empathy will surely allow them to excel at the task.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: June 25, 2015, 06:34:10 pm »

Teach a single Great Tree Art. One of the new, young ones. I wanna see what happens and/or how good they are at using it.

Also listen to prayers.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 137