Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185804 times)

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 15:No War?
« Reply #1380 on: June 25, 2015, 06:42:58 pm »

(( Unsure what to do without knowing how much Essence I have ))

If it didn't happen last turn (you never clarified), put 3E into High Heavens (unless it would take from Crux).

Tell the Aurors that they are free to try and claim their own territory; however, do not expand into High Church or Great Tribe territory. I will neither aid nor hinder advances or attempts to rule other species'/nations' territories.

Of the Dreamborn and Sankis, who is more pious? If the Dreamborn is, teleport him to the largest High Church and announce his assumption of the Aspect of the Scholar. If it is Sankis, take the crossbow away from him and then the ring away from the Dreamborn ("You have proven that you possess what is necessary for ownership of this Ring"). Then teleport Sankis into the largest High Church, give him the Ring, and announce his assumption of the Aspect of the Scholar. Whoever takes on the Aspect of the Scholar is to be given however many research funds they desire. In either case, spread both of their inventions throughout the Great Tribe and Clan Rilem.

Quote from:
Shadow Kabold: Does controlling someone like a puppet count as Leading them?

"No; people must follow you of their own free will. It is not truly leading if you control them like a puppet. You could cause them to FEAR that you will control them like a puppet if they don't follow you, however; that would certainly be leadership."

Ant: Is it better to have one strong Leader, or many weaker ones?

"Both; a strong leader is required, but he needs the assistance of leaders underneath him. Power doesn't have to be controlled by only one - though a single ruler should rule over the many."

Human Tribesman: Why do those Nomads have so many weird animals with them?

"I don't know; maybe it's some weird fetish. Maybe you should try asking them? I don't think they bite. And if they do, implore your leader to do something."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: June 25, 2015, 06:52:52 pm »

"Fear is not a healthy leadership system. Leadership through fear begets revolt and violent deaths for those who began the system. Fear is about as bad of a system as you can get actually. Just takes a tiny push for the whole system to explode violently."

"Holding someone at crossbowpoint isn't showing of a healthy leader. It's actually the exact opposite of healthy. It means Sankis is a violent, mentally unstable psychopath who should be put down rather than praised for his insanity. I advise you to not do so. It gives the impression to the mortals that assassination of superiors is acceptable for gaining ranks. You end up with all the competent people dead and all the incompetent ones alive."

"The Dreamborn is clearly much more stable. Producing food is is also more beneficial than producing weapons. One man with a crossbow can only shoot so many people before he runs out of bolts and is torn asunder. He who can feed an army will win in the end."

"As for the nomads. I already explained it to the person. Those nomads are Mine."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: June 25, 2015, 06:57:13 pm »

"I don't see how any of the things I'm doing has anything to do with you.

By the way, I never said Fear was a healthy leadership system - but it is one nonetheless. If that's the one he chooses to use, than that's his choice to make.

As for the nomads...so? This is me talking to my followers - keep out of it. It's not as if I'm telling them to attack "your" nomads or anything."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: June 25, 2015, 07:00:33 pm »

"...I disagree, Nilva...fear is an important part of leadership...though perhaps no in the way you mean...fear of punishment entices people to follow the laws...when they might otherwise disregard them...it is hatred one must avoid...fear is useful...but it must be fear in the sense of respect...fear of disorder...fear of consequences...someone who is harsh but fair is feared, but rarely hated...and so the system is stable...that said...holding someone's life at ransom...is not this type of fear...it is intimidation, rather than respect...and that induces hatred...it is a very poor mark of a leader, to be unable to accept defeat gracefully, in fact...it shows they are ruled by their emotions, rather than being able to use them to their advantage..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 25, 2015, 07:12:56 pm »

Soul sense and blood sense on all races so I can identify them later on.

Soul sense and blood sense on the New King.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 25, 2015, 07:14:57 pm »

They had discovered Iron long ago, but do not use it, feeling that it is inferior to their Bronze which they continue to develop.

(To dwarves)

It seems that you had found the begining of the way to complete your current chalenge, yet you moved away, tricked by its unasuming form. Iron is much the same as copper in that it marks a begining of a whole new age and that it is a base for stronger alloys. You have found one half of the puzzle, and for that I shall reward you, yet since the puzzle of steel is only halfway done, the reward will be lesser. Strive forever forwards!

Bless all my worshipers (curent and future) to become completely immune to all lung diseases that come from contamination of lungs. They would be immune to coal dust, silica dust, pumice, smoke, and all other things one could get lungs full of while mining or smithing. If they are sick from such causes now, they would heal over a day. Should one healed from otherwise permanent disease this way stop worshiping me, the disease would gradualy return  over a month. Dwarves recieve this blessing irregardles wether they worship me or not.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 25, 2015, 07:22:21 pm »

Listen to prayers
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 25, 2015, 07:47:03 pm »

Did I hear revolt? Anyways, I hope you do not plan to use these beings you created to spread your ideology in my nation, Patronius. Doing so would be considered as a loophole abuse, punishable by the third rule of our peace treaty.

Tell the Aag nation that Aurors are not strictly forbidden within Aag territory, but they must be told that amassing personal fortunes or attempting to topple the councils or gain power from any other way outside the established laws is a major crime that could be punishable by death depending of the gravity of the act. Those who think they can live under these rules are free to stay, but those who don't are to be directed towards the exit, under the threat of weapons if necessary. Aurors may not gain permanent citizenship for now, and so may not join any council. This rule is subject to change depending on their behavior. Aurors who attempt to claim Aag territory are to be treated as invaders and be dealt with accordingly.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:53:53 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 25, 2015, 08:13:20 pm »

"Please refrain from doing this to my children."

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 25, 2015, 08:28:15 pm »

Did I hear revolt? Anyways, I hope you do not plan to use these beings you created to spread your ideology in my nation, Patronius. Doing so would be considered as a loophole abuse, punishable by the third rule of our peace treaty.

"Spreading my ideology in your nation? I never ordered them to, nor do I plan to. If they do, it is of their own accord and I am not responsible for that. The actions of one creation does not necessarily represent the God who created them - for example, if a single Aag attacked Frederick, I would not hold it against you (unless, of course, he attacked him due to your orders or suggestions). I did not create them intending to break the peace treaty."

"Also, I find your racism towards the Aurors of rather ill will; you tell them that they are not allowed to break the laws in order to gain power, but then bar them from gaining any power with the law. In my eyes, that is rather stupid logic - by their very nature, they crave power and have no other way to gain power other than breaking the law thanks to this rule."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 25, 2015, 08:40:01 pm »

"Why should I refrain? I am the goddess of Souls and Blood. I have a right to see the souls and blood of all creatures, just as others have the right to merely see their physical bodies."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:05:56 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 25, 2015, 08:49:47 pm »

"Spreading my ideology in your nation? I never ordered them to, nor do I plan to. If they do, it is of their own accord and I am not responsible for that. The actions of one creation does not necessarily represent the God who created them - for example, if a single Aag attacked Frederick, I would not hold it against you (unless, of course, he attacked him due to your orders or suggestions). I did not create them intending to break the peace treaty."

"Also, I find your racism towards the Aurors of rather ill will; you tell them that they are not allowed to break the laws in order to gain power, but then bar them from gaining any power with the law. In my eyes, that is rather stupid logic - by their very nature, they crave power and have no other way to gain power other than breaking the law thanks to this rule."

Creating a species whose very nature is to live in a way incompatible with that of my nation and telling them to go all over the world, including in Aag territory is a loophole abuse, however you attempt to put it. Your comparison to a Aag species is faulty, as they have no urges to kill Fredrick. I will see how this develop before taking any actions.

As you said, they crave power and wealth, but these needs are incompatible with the Aag system, where property is shared between it's members and where leadership is split between many members who stay in power for only a short time before being re-elected. The rule I set is temporary as I said. I need to determine if they can suppress their urges before I give them any chance at power, because as I said craving for power and wealth is incompatible with this system, and will lead only to tyranny and corruption. If they do not wish to live under this system, they have no obligation to come. Those who wish to live in such a system are free to do so, as long as they follow the rules.

If I created a species that craved anarchy, and told them to spread to other nations, would you not put similar rules to mine, to protect the integrity of your system? And would you expect me to call you a racist for these rules?

Determine if any Aurors decide to live withing Aag territory. Determine which portion of their population break any law, and if those who don't can resist their craving for power and wealth.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:52:03 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 25, 2015, 08:51:57 pm »

"Why should I refrain?" I am the goddess of Souls and Blood. I have a right to see the souls and blood of all creatures, just as others have the right to merely see their physical bodies."
"I created them and have the right to say no, no you do not have the right."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 25, 2015, 09:09:59 pm »

"Why should I refrain?" I am the goddess of Souls and Blood. I have a right to see the souls and blood of all creatures, just as others have the right to merely see their physical bodies."
"I created them and have the right to say no, no you do not have the right."
"Without the permission of the races or their creators, you afflicted many of them with endless nightmares. You have no right to complain when a god merely looks at one of your own races."

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 25, 2015, 09:28:05 pm »

"Space is the embodiement of neglectance of the fact that all is one and united. To worship space is to despise it and try to get rid of it."

Teach the space-weavers the arts of weaving, lorekeeping, agriculture, metalsmithing and towerbuilding. Encourage some space-weavers to travel to space clan and to settle the rest of the lands.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 137