Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185185 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 15:No War?
« Reply #1440 on: July 03, 2015, 02:34:39 am »

"Me, I don't really have any true intentions yet. I've been playing by the ear so far. Waiting for others do things and then react and adapt to them so I will have as much power as possible when I do decide to do something."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: July 03, 2015, 07:53:04 am »

(Also, this is the IC thread.))

((By the way is this dead? There haven't been anything going on in days.))

((Probably not, I just don't have the Energy/interest to update it right now. Like I just said, if the game does die, then I will at least do "The End" to give everyone a warning and tie up the game.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: July 03, 2015, 02:43:26 pm »

"... time... space... enigma..."

Use 6 Power to spark a golden age of innovation in the (non-clan) dwarves.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: July 07, 2015, 12:10:10 am »

Public education is a key to progress. I will give the world this gift free of charge.

Spoiler: massive amount of text (click to show/hide)

Address each academy:
The technological and magical schools must cooperate with the technomancy ones instead of competing with them. The latter need the work of the two former to progress, after all. Friendly competition between the technological and magical schools is allowed, but should not become anything more than that. The BAMA schools have no reason to be in competition with anyone, as they are the path to higher education. Even though you use different means, you all share the same goal of progress, do not forget this.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:48:25 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: July 11, 2015, 10:57:00 am »

Tick 16: Believe Me

Izgamlo gives several blessings to Portal magic! The Portabanii report that it is now much smoother to use cattle, though still difficult. They are still having great difficulty taking anything from unwilling sapients. (-4, -All Izgamlo)

Sankis: My life might as well be over without that Ring anyway! This proves my invention to be superior!

Aurosseu prayers:
Dreamborn Priest: How should we honor all the things you are Patron of?
Dreamborn Soldier: We are under attack! The new Kingdom is invading!
Musling Muser: I saw a mermaid chaunting the wild lorelei, should I be concerned?

Human Artist: Won't that take away from the blood we need for other Art?

The Order of Iliseth Temple Knights is created! They begin attempting to fight off the Orcs. They seem to have trouble despite their skill with worses, with the Orcish skirmishers leaving the area of their raids before the Templars arrive.

Fredrick refuses to offer to teach him Art, citing lack of trust and your opposition of him ruling humanity.

Iliseth goes to the Library and pulled out a book titled Walker: Taxes Ranges, apparently being about tax brackets of the race. In reality, it only says a bunch of "Facts" about Walkers such as their ability to swim in dirt.

Neiron refuses the offer to spar, stating that he cannot risk injury when he is so close to tracking down the Dream Killer.

Nilva saves the wolf from execution, chastising and logicaling the want-to-be executioners. They think about apologizing, before realizing that would also mean nothing to an animal. They begin spreading their ideologies around, which reaches the ear of Fredrick who decides to investigate the occurrence personally. (Nilva -2P)

Semi-Sentient Worse: *Feelings of contentment and hope*
Nomadic Nomad: That didn't work for the group that went into the New Kingdom! They where all killed or absorbed!
Nighttime Human Minstrel: No, I have great ear for pitch. They are toneless!
Human Tribesman: Huh. I suppose that makes sense.

Musicless Ant: *Bangs on the drum with his mandibles* Thank you! I will do my best to learn this strange device meant for other races!
The Ant starts using the drum to listen to music himself, soon learning how to project it to the minds of other Ants. As the only musician, he naturally becomes popular at an absurd rate, playing stages of thousands and for the Ant Ruler himself. (Alicia -1E)

Nighttime Human Minstrel: I am very grateful for this gift! Truly, even silence is important in music. The notes not being played are just as important as the ones that are! (Alicia -1E)
Confused Townsman: Ee-Elysium!? I-I suppose that explains many things. This is not such a bad event after all!

Many Water Wolves become Water Otters! Most seem to take this deal, not minding the change in size with the other advantages it brings. (Skolld -3E)

Skolld then find the Fire Wolves. Unlike many of the Elemental Wolves, they seem to keep much closer to the Mortal Races. There are even several who are found in towns, lazing in front of the constant heat of forges and hearth fires, often next to a Hearth Spirit. Others follow the Nomads and Orcs, keeping in their nightly fires. Of the more wild ones, due to the lack of fire occurring in nature, many are nomadic themselves. They travel the land, setting fires to last as long as they can manage to do without causing damage to the environment, before moving along.

Verruckt finally parts from his Adventurers, after granting them one last bit of wisdom. After a long debate on what to do, they decide to team up and continue down the dungeon for the time being, vaguely agreeing to see if they can find the legendary Rifle that was lost here.

Verruckt then changes the abilities of the Orbs! The Orb trade slows slightly, to start with, before picking back up with the Adventurers selling orbs themselves. Many Orb crafters find their crafting ability increasing, now that they too are bonded with an Orb. (Verruckt -2E)

New Kingdom King:Peace? There will be no peace. You are a being whose only goal is your own amusement. The Aag nation was made by you to worship you and fight for you. I will free them from you. Do all you want, but a god is simply a demon with a pretty face.

The forces of the New Kingdom stop attacking the Great Tribe! Instead, they join the forces assaulting the Aag nation. More and more of the New Kingdom's army joins the assault on the Aag, no doubt the most concentrated conquest they have yet undergone.

Frederick: Certainly, it would be a horrible curse to not see things outside your own mindset. Don't you agree? It would ,after all, be horrible to do something such as ban worship of someone for trying to spread an economic plan I didn't agree with. What a curse that would be...

It is now legal to worship Lithus/Luthus in the Great Tribe, though Frederick seems to hold a mild personal distance for the God/s they worship.

More Forts are being built! Additionally, Dr.Mangler's team is now under the watch of psychologists. After psychology had been invented, of course. Word of mouth of this team traveled to other lands, including the Great Tribe. Naturally, Fredrick was fairly angry at this team being made when conflict between the nations was high, assuming they had been target at his people.

Currently, the Aag nation is busy building forts along vital areas, while the New Kingdom is rallying forces at the border. No open conflict is detected at the moment.

Maag Obelisk: It is strange. I will be sure to look out for the Goldfather in the future.
Lizardman Recruit: Unfortunately, not. I have just come to the age where I may work, and decided my services are needed in Defense.

Fredrick enjoys the chat, linking the parent metaphors with the Aspects of the High church, stating that the Aspects can help the parents to lead their children better.

Lauxal prayers:
Wolf Spider: Hey, itsa me, on your head! Can we go visit the planet sometimes?
Shadow Kabold: If mortals can daydream, can we have a day nightmare?
Human Adventurer: Hah, these dungeon creatures are nothing on me! Lauxal, send stronger monsters!

A great tree learns Art! It seems weary of using it for anything large, making it difficult to gauge its skill, though it does seem capable of using it.

Teburshe prayers:
Auror Power grabber: Is the Shadow cast by great men metaphorical?
Underwater Race Who's Name I forgot: Who is that strange stone creature who we keep spotting swimming the oceans?
Great Tribe Thief: Ah, Teburshe curse it! They are catching up to me!

The Aurors listen to the God of Leadership's advice, finding plots of uninhabited land far from other Mortals to make their home. They naturally begin building their own cities, intent on making them the best the fragments have ever seen.

Of the Dreamborn and Sankis, the Dreamborn seems much more pious. Sankis gives the minimum amount of worship he can manage, and his primary God remains gai-gen. As such, the Dreamborn is whisked away to the High Church and assumes his position of the Aspect of Scholar. Sankis is left in place, screaming to the sky and firing the crossbow into the air. (Patronius -1P)

Shadow Kabold: I see. What a clever way to do it! Thank you for your wisdom.
Ant: I see. I shal try to convince the King to allow for more under-leaders, then!
Human Tribesman: But animals don't seem to talk. I will be sure to inform my Leader of the biting thing.

Iliseth soul senses every race! There doesn't seem to be that many of them. The Templar Worse race was successfully soul sensed, but the Yaag three-legged race and The Tower Climbing Grand Prix had been canceled due to poor weather.

Iliseth attempts to sense the New King, but seems unable to actually find him...

Lorash grants his followers immunity to lunge diseases! Naturally, many quickly loose their fear of several kinds of smoke, immediately becoming much safer in the mines. Many miners, even if they hadn't before, begin worshiping him at least temporarily while on the job. (Lorash -6E)

The Aurors, naturally, do not find the Aag nations to be a particularly pleasant place to stay and often bypass it for their nations in far off lands. The few who do stay, after being ordered to be treated as non-citizens, often either end up leaving under the disproving eyes of the Aag or turning to crime. It is rumored that one particular Auror has become a "Crime Councilman", the ruler of crime in the majority of the nation. He is said to have a small (but growing) army of criminals and coffers full of personal wealth and illegal goods.

Few Aurors, as mentioned above, live in the Aag nation. Their natural abilities make it difficult to put an exact number on it, due to many of the criminals who have yet to be captured having Natural strengths related to crime. About twenty-five percent seem to be attempting to live fully crime free, and have put away their Natural instincts almost entirely.

The Space-Weavers are taught many basic mortal things! They begin taking a more active roll in building up the tower, while spreading elsewhere with the Space Clan.

Nilva prayers:
dANTcer: I want to dance to this new music, but my body is no good at it! Can I have assistance Nilva?
Great Tribe Guardsman: What is that strange chanting I hear coming from the Nomad Camps?
Floating Island Human: I was whisked away to a place where there is no beautiful Wolflife to gaze at, to hunt, or to play with! Can you bring some species to these floating Islands?

(A quick search reveals the only references to the goddess of souls being creepy does not come from mortals. It comes from Stirk being...Stirk.)

((Let the records show that Stirk is, in fact, Stirk.))

Lithus/Luthus prayers:
Spinning Maag Child: I have revolving for hours to honor you!
Maag Scout: There seems to be something...powerful in the New Kingdom's military. I can not see it, nor place my finger on what it was, but it fills me with fear. I pray you will be cautiose about it!
Saag Graveman: My Name, is there anything special we should do to honor those who have died fighting in war?

Nilva changes her symbol! The Maag clothier once again adds googly eyes, still angry over being bothered.

Gai-gen invests into Dwarven iron-working! It begins replacing bronze in many aspects, slowly phasing it out. (Gai-gen -3E)

Saplings seem to be "Average" in terms of culture and technology. They have developed their own distinct technology and culture, heavily influenced by the Maag and Great Tribe at the moment. They seem to still have the most advanced growing techniques at the moment, helped by their magic.

Stellarion space weaver prayers:
Space Weaver Frontiersman: Space- Should we weave it in the frontiers of this world or in well-established towns?
Space Weaver Clothier: How do those Nomads keep getting a hold of Space Weaver silk?
Scared Space Weaver: I-I just had a dream where I wove silk that started chasing me and trying to strangle me like a noose. Th-that won't happen in real life, right? Right?

Sankis has the benefits of Iron explained to him! He replaces the bronze-bolts with iron ones, before saying that he can not focus on more useful uses until he can get his Ring back.

The Aag nation seems to be "Above Average" in terms of technology, though growing fast. They seem to be advanced in many fields, such as biology, psychology, and cloths-making among others.

The Kaag are changed to silicon-based lifeforms, as the other Aag nation creatures are. (Lithus/Luthus -3E)

Gai-gen give the Dwarves an age of Advancement! Oddly, few call it a Golden Age. Under its influence, many Dwarven historians note that 'Leaps' of advancement similar to this one have happened throughout their history, some of which where even larger. They theorize that the Dwarves had undergone similar processes before, many even larger then this one. (Gai-gen -6P)

The BAMA academy is created, along with many reforms of the still-young school system. The technology, magic, and technomancy schools immediately begin competing to see who can be the least competitive after the address.

(If you think I got calculations done, you where probably looking for a different game~)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16: Believe Me
« Reply #1445 on: July 11, 2015, 12:24:54 pm »

[Skolld, God of Binding and Bone]
Wolf Form, walking the lands.

After I grant the metamorphosis to the Fire Wolves, I'll go for the Air Wolves. I'm thinking Air Eagles.
But at least the Fire Wolves go near people, a good time to ask what's been going on. But first.

Skolld transcends his wolf form, to grant metamorphosis once more
"I am impressed by your initiative, I've visited 2 other wolf kinds, and they just secluded themselves, away from civilization.
But I shall grant you a metamorphosis as well, into a smaller form, with a fur color more reminiscent of your element. This will weaken you, but make you able to go places you couldn't before.
I say this a third time, this is not a decision to be taken lightly, and I will only transform those who are willing.
"

Skolld will transform the willing Fire Wolves into Fire Foxes.
"Those who accept this transformation shall be known as Fire Foxes, you shall be the best means of browsing the internet, and you shall continue the work you've been doing.
I can't really say much more, you're doing a fine job already, keep it up.
"
Okay, done with the Fire Wolves, now let's take some time to ask around before finding the air wolves.
Skolld will ask the locals about what's been going on, any troubles or wars going on. Before going to find the Air Wolves.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: July 11, 2015, 01:06:58 pm »

((HYYYYYYPE!!))

Visit Sankis an hour after he lost his ring:
Oh dear. Being betrayed by a god is indeed a terrible thing. But do not fear, everything is not lost. Your talent has come to my attention. Come with me to the Aag nation. Here you will be respected for your great skills. Take me as your god and I will not turn against you like your previous patron. This offer is optional of course, I will not be angered by your refusal.

If Sankis agree to my offer, teleport him to the Technology academy in the Aag capital and introduce him to the members. Make him take the introduction class to brief him on the local technology, and allow him to work on any project he choose with the help of the academy. He is free to take any class he wish, and is granted a permanent citizenship, along with the papers that come with it.

Appear to the Auror crime lord in his lair:
Sigh... How disappointingly expected.
Annihilate the whole building with raw power, teleporting anyone not involved with the criminal activity beforehand. If this building happens to be an important one, such as an academy or council house, detonate every criminal inside with raw power, using twice the normal dose on the crime lord.

((Cancelled))

Investigate the council system and the academy system for any corruption or criminal activity. Leak every bit on evidence of criminal activity or corruption, incite the population to riot if crime and corruption is present and not ended after the leak.

Visit each academy:

Funny. I won't stop you from competing, if this is what you wish. Just make sure not to forget your primary duty.

Visit Frederick:
Teaming up with a nation that hates all gods to take revenge on a petty conflict that was resolved a long time ago? How disappointing. I will not hold my troops this time. Your obsession against me have become too much of an hassle to ignore. And lastly, Mangler's team was not created against you, I do not see you as enough of a threat for this. I will however make a full usage of them against you, now that you have chosen war.

Visit the new kingdom's king:
You ally with two one of the nations that are is the most obviously under the rule of a god. It is now clear that you are not interested in freedom, you are a puppet of those you claim to be rebelling against. How ironic that one of your manipulator is the god of tyranny.

Spread the truth in the new kingdom, that their king is manipulated by those he claims to fight against, that he is directly working for mavnon and patronius.

Order the Aag military to fight back against the invaders, this time not stopping at the frontier, they are to push as far as they can. They are not to claim the conquered lands, rather, they must offer the civilians to either move to the Aag nation, where they will gain permanent citizenship, or move further in lands still under the control of their nation. Everything is to be looted once everyone is gone, and the rest must be destroyed and made impossible to colonize, salting the fields and burning villages is expected. Captive soldiers are to be put for use by Mangler's team. Soldiers who surrender before being captured are to be treated as civilians and their weapon and armors must be taken.

Visit the adventuring party trained by verruckt:

It seems you wish to find my old rifle? If you bring it to me, I will give you a much greater reward. Immortality and a wish of your choice, as long as it is not something unrealistic such as godhood. Verruckt might have given you immortality already while I was distracted by other things, If that is the case, I will grant you two wishes instead, and give you regenerative abilities similar to what the beast who stole my rifle had. Heck, even if you are not immortal yet I will give you this regeneration gift, if you bring it to me.

Spoiler: prayers (click to show/hide)

Make sure the Aag nation know to call me by my actual name, and not by the title of "My name". Visit the Aurors who have remained away from crime:
You have proven what I needed to know, for your perseverance, you will receive citizenship, and I will attempt to end the discrimination against you.

The Aurors who have not comitted any crime are to be granted citizenship, they are still not allowed to join the council. Encourage the population to be fair with those who remained in legality, as they are enduring a great sacrifice.

Use up to 3E to calm the urges of power and wealth of the law-abiding Aurors as a reward.

Adress the population as a whole:

Despite our best efforts at peacekeeping, we are now at war with a joint alliance of the new kingdom and the human kingdom. The new kingdom, despite claiming their goal of freeing the population from the rule of gods, are themselves manipulated by them. Patronius the tyrant and mavnon the warmonger are the most likely culprit of this ruse. Stay strong, we will prevail like we always do. It seems that this world is populated by people who just want to see blood spilled.

Use all of my remaining power to boost the fertility of every Aag species for as long and as much as possible, without harming them.

Edit:((Damn, so much cancelled stuff!))
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:38:50 am by FArgHalfnr »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: July 11, 2015, 01:23:07 pm »

((You do not appear to know the location of the Crime Lord, or who he is, or if he even exists outside of rumors at the moment.))

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: July 11, 2015, 01:28:11 pm »

((Oh well. I'll cancel that then.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: July 11, 2015, 03:19:27 pm »

"Hm. Perhaps Sankis..."

Could use a gift. A very powerful gift. Invest all my remaining essence(don't touch my crux unless necessary, and don't use more than 3 crux even if necessary) into an Amulet. Forged of steel in the shape of a gear, the Amulet bolsters the engineering and mechanics creativity of whoever wears it by a large degree. If anyone tries to steal it from the rightful owner(Sankis), flames engulf the thief. The amulet is very resistant to damage, and if it is somehow destroyed, a rather large explosion will follow. Grant the newly named Amulet of Invention to Sankis.

Speak to Sankis: "Thank you for remaining devout to me. As your reward... I have decided to create an order of Machine Priests. You will be the first, and the High Priest. Your goal will be to spread the techniques of engineering, mechanics, architecture, and in general, mechanical technology, among the dwarves and those friendly to the dwarven race. As a symbol of your High Priesthood, take this Amulet of Invention. It will boost your creativity to allow you to make new and interesting machines. When you wish to ordain a Machine Priest to aid in your mission, make an amulet of steel in the shape of a gear and grant it to the newly ordained. These amulets are the symbols of my Machine Priesthood. Again, thank you for staying with your faith in me."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: July 11, 2015, 03:34:56 pm »

"Hm. Perhaps Sankis..."

Could use a gift. A very powerful gift. Invest all my remaining essence(don't touch my crux unless necessary, and don't use more than 3 crux even if necessary) into an Amulet. Forged of steel in the shape of a gear, the Amulet bolsters the engineering and mechanics creativity of whoever wears it by a large degree. If anyone tries to steal it from the rightful owner(Sankis), flames engulf the thief. The amulet is very resistant to damage, and if it is somehow destroyed, a rather large explosion will follow. Grant the newly named Amulet of Invention to Sankis.

Speak to Sankis: "Thank you for remaining devout to me. As your reward... I have decided to create an order of Machine Priests. You will be the first, and the High Priest. Your goal will be to spread the techniques of engineering, mechanics, architecture, and in general, mechanical technology, among the dwarves and those friendly to the dwarven race. As a symbol of your High Priesthood, take this Amulet of Invention. It will boost your creativity to allow you to make new and interesting machines. When you wish to ordain a Machine Priest to aid in your mission, make an amulet of steel in the shape of a gear and grant it to the newly ordained. These amulets are the symbols of my Machine Priesthood. Again, thank you for staying with your faith in me."

It seems you already have plans for Sankis. Would you rather have me remove the offer I gave him?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: July 11, 2015, 03:39:21 pm »

"I would prefer that, yes."
Generic Arms Race.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: July 11, 2015, 03:46:13 pm »

"I would prefer that, yes."

So be it.

Cancel the offer made to Sankis, as if it never happened.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: July 11, 2015, 06:44:07 pm »

What is this? Another God noticed that the new kingdom is a thinly veiled atempt to raise one God above all others globaly? And there I was thinking that I would need to ruin the kingdom covertly.

Turn metal equipment New Kingdom army has into brittle ore durning their next large scale battle. 6 power.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: July 11, 2015, 07:37:36 pm »

(I'm a bit confused. Why is Lithus/Luthus angry at Frederick now?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 137