Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185842 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16: Believe Me
« Reply #1455 on: July 11, 2015, 08:00:04 pm »

"...Hrmmm...these developments are rather...disturbing...perhaps I should accelerate my plans..."

Appear in person, as an old, very tall Sapling, near this new kingdom's king, in a place where it wouldn't be illegal or whatever to be. Walk to his guards or secretary or whatever, in person, and try to request an audience with him, politely.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Gai-gen...might I ask for your aid with something...?...a project of mine...that you might be interested in...I do not wish to intrude on your time, however...if you do not believe you would be interested..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 11, 2015, 08:15:44 pm »

(I'm a bit confused. Why is Lithus/Luthus angry at Frederick now?)

((he joined the new kingdom in a war against the Aag nation.))

What is this? Another God noticed that the new kingdom is a thinly veiled atempt to raise one God above all others globaly? And there I was thinking that I would need to ruin the kingdom covertly.

Turn metal equipment New Kingdom army has into brittle ore durning their next large scale battle. 6 power.

It would be kind of you to notify all of us when you uncover such a plot in the future. I am glad to see your support, though.

So at this point we all know that mavnon, with the support of patronius are is working on destroying everything we created, for their his own personal gain. Should a punishment be devised for them, just as we did to Utther when he did his slaughter? Their this crime is worse by a large magnitude.

...These this vile beings disgust me. Ruining everything for a little fragment of power and wealth. They He do not deserve the power they own, they are too selfish, greedy and immature for the responsibilities it implies.

The worship of patronius and mavnon are is now outlawed in the Aag territory, and is unlikely to change, at least for a while. Both of these deities This deity deserve nothing from the nation, as they he want nothing but the suffering and misery of it. Temple dedicated to either of those him are to be closed and repurposed, and their his worshipers have the choice to abandon them or to leave the nation. Worship of either of these him is to be outlawed. Aurors and clam rilem dwarves who commit any crime will now be punished by exile from the nation. This does not mean that discrimination should be allowed against those who follow the law. Those who don't will no longer be there. The crime lord, if he is found, is to be publicly executed, along with all of those found guilty of helping him in his crimes. An offer is to be made to anyone who works for him: Giving information that will help with his capture in exchange of pardon and protection from his minions.

Edit: :,(
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:55:46 am by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 11, 2015, 08:22:01 pm »

(Actually it was the New Kingdom that joined the war against the Aag nation. They stopped attacking the Great Tribe to do so. I believe they're helping the CRD but I'm not sure.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 11, 2015, 09:33:51 pm »

((Dammit, why do I always misunderstand everything?))

Cancel my declaration of war against the great tribe/human kingdom (what's the real name anyways? I've seen both being used), patronius' worship is not banished, and the aurors are not exiled at any crime. Ignore any insults or accusation I made towards patronius. Anything else I did against patronius, his kingdom and worshipers this tick that I forgot to mention is also cancelled.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 11, 2015, 09:35:40 pm »

"Explain. Explain! EXPLAIN! Er... what in blazes are you doing?"
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 11, 2015, 09:41:39 pm »

"...Gai-gen....I have a request to ask of you...you may find it intriguing as well...I wish to create a race of beings...of clockwork and automation...grand towers growing and replicating...their inner gears revealing much to those who wish to learn...they would require an intricate knowledge of physics, and the principles of motion...I believe your aid would be very helpful in this matter for that reason..."
"...Gai-gen...could I ask for your aid with something...?...I wish to create a race of machines...magnificent towers which build themselves...and it would be easier with your assistance..."

"...Though, now I seek to create a different sort of automaton as well...to guard my followers and their Great Trees...if I might...but it is simply a query...you have no obligation to assist me, after all...I am certain you are likely busy with your own projects...I simply thought it prudent to ask...just to be certain..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 11, 2015, 10:42:40 pm »

Quote from:
Human Tribesman: But animals don't seem to talk. I will be sure to inform my Leader of the biting thing.
mfw I meant ask the Nomads, not the animals...

Spend all power to aid the Aurors in their nation-construction. Leveling land, chopping trees, sewing fields, providing good weather. Also spend all remaining Essence to help in constructing a metropolis to serve as their capital. The centerpiece is to be a massive cathedral which will serve as a great High Church.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 11, 2015, 10:53:18 pm »

Cancel my declaration of war against the great tribe/human kingdom (what's the real name anyways? I've seen both being used)
(There are two different nations: the Great Tribe and the New Kingdom.
The Great Tribe is a nation of Humans ruled by a Human called Frederick and created by Patronius.
The New Kingdom is a kingdom made up of multiple different races. The ruler is a Human who has not revealed his name and the creator of this nation is unknown, though it's suspected that Mavnon was the one.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 12, 2015, 12:49:44 am »

"Explain. Explain! EXPLAIN! Er... what in blazes are you doing?"

A simple, yet dramatic bureaucratic error. Please ignore it even happened. I will make sure to fire whoever was responsible for this.

"...Gai-gen....I have a request to ask of you...you may find it intriguing as well...I wish to create a race of beings...of clockwork and automation...grand towers growing and replicating...their inner gears revealing much to those who wish to learn...they would require an intricate knowledge of physics, and the principles of motion...I believe your aid would be very helpful in this matter for that reason..."
"...Gai-gen...could I ask for your aid with something...?...I wish to create a race of machines...magnificent towers which build themselves...and it would be easier with your assistance..."

"...Though, now I seek to create a different sort of automaton as well...to guard my followers and their Great Trees...if I might...but it is simply a query...you have no obligation to assist me, after all...I am certain you are likely busy with your own projects...I simply thought it prudent to ask...just to be certain..."

Automatons? You have me interested. Would it be possible in any way that a few of these specimen's carcasses fall under the expertise of some skilled Aag dissector?

mfw I meant ask the Nomads, not the animals...

((heh, people started calling my character "my name", when I thought it would be obvious enough that I meant that they should call him by his name, you're not the only one (although I'm certainly not complaining if that means more updates :P).))

Cancel my declaration of war against the great tribe/human kingdom (what's the real name anyways? I've seen both being used)
(There are two different nations: the Great Tribe and the New Kingdom.
The Great Tribe is a nation of Humans ruled by a Human called Frederick and created by Patronius.
The New Kingdom is a kingdom made up of multiple different races. The ruler is a Human who has not revealed his name and the creator of this nation is unknown, though it's suspected that Mavnon was the one.)

((Right I already knew that, what was confusing me is that I'm pretty sure patronius decided to change it's(the great tribe) name some time ago to the human kingdom or something similar, and that I've seen both names being used since. I'll probably alternate randomly between the two unless we get a proper confirmation.))

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 12, 2015, 01:00:17 am »

Automatons? You have me interested. Would it be possible in any way that a few of these specimen's carcasses fall under the expertise of some skilled Aag dissector?

"The appropriate term would be ruins...not carcasses...though if an Aag finds one, he is free to peruse...it would be likely that they could even enter while they yet lived...though considering their inner workings, it would be profoundly unsafe...much like stepping into the stomach of a Great Beast might be..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 12, 2015, 01:06:18 am »

Floating Island Human: I was whisked away to a place where there is no beautiful Wolflife to gaze at, to hunt, or to play with! Can you bring some species to these floating Islands?
"Here you go~." One power to teleport wolvies and related wildlife to the floating islands.

dANTcer: I want to dance to this new music, but my body is no good at it! Can I have assistance Nilva?
((See PM)

Great Tribe Guardsman: What is that strange chanting I hear coming from the Nomad Camps?
"..I honestly haven't the faintest idea. I shall check on that for you." Nilva investigates the chanting.

Nighttime Human Minstrel: No, I have great ear for pitch. They are toneless!
"No, you really have a terrible ear for pitch. Quite deaf to it actually. Let me help." One Essence to give the minstrel the ability to actually Hear  the emotions behind the howls. The stories and songs and tales hidden within.

Nomadic Nomad: That didn't work for the group that went into the New Kingdom! They where all killed or absorbed!
"Then absorb the vegetation for use as additional mass. Seep through their armor and consume their bodies. Again, they can literally do nothing to harm you." ((See PM.))

The Maag clothier once again adds googly eyes, still angry over being bothered.
One power to flood the Clothier's bedroom with goggly eyes and keep it flooded until he stops doing that, just start it up again when he tries again~

Space Weaver Clothier: How do those Nomads keep getting a hold of Space Weaver silk?
"Probably a nomadic Space Weaver."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:09:31 am by Kevak »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 12, 2015, 01:22:06 am »

Personally help Huon the clothier cleaning the mess when it is over.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 12, 2015, 01:27:02 am »

(I'm a bit confused. Why is Lithus/Luthus angry at Frederick now?)

What is this? Another God noticed that the new kingdom is a thinly veiled atempt to raise one God above all others globaly? And there I was thinking that I would need to ruin the kingdom covertly.

Turn metal equipment New Kingdom army has into brittle ore durning their next large scale battle. 6 power.

It would be kind of you to notify all of us when you uncover such a plot in the future. I am glad to see your support, though.

So at this point we all know that mavnon, with the support of patronius are is working on destroying everything we created, for their his own personal gain. Should a punishment be devised for them, just as we did to Utther when he did his slaughter? Their this crime is worse by a large magnitude.

...These this vile beings disgust me. Ruining everything for a little fragment of power and wealth. They He do not deserve the power they own, they are too selfish, greedy and immature for the responsibilities it implies.

The worship of patronius and mavnon are is now outlawed in the Aag territory, and is unlikely to change, at least for a while. Both of these deities This deity deserve nothing from the nation, as they he want nothing but the suffering and misery of it. Temple dedicated to either of those him are to be closed and repurposed, and their his worshipers have the choice to abandon them or to leave the nation. Worship of either of these him is to be outlawed. Aurors and clam rilem dwarves who commit any crime will now be punished by exile from the nation. This does not mean that discrimination should be allowed against those who follow the law. Those who don't will no longer be there. The crime lord, if he is found, is to be publicly executed, along with all of those found guilty of helping him in his crimes. An offer is to be made to anyone who works for him: Giving information that will help with his capture in exchange of pardon and protection from his minions.

Edit: :,(

Mavnon laughed at the twin-god's pretensions. "You think I do what I do out of selfishness? My dear deity of progress, I act in the name of Change, of Improvement and of Ascendence. I do not reciprocate your hate but I must act to counter you and you alone. May this duel bring about goodness for all."

Guarantee the safety of all Aag within Mavnon-worshipping settlements. All who break the peace are to be flayed alive. Also advise the intellectual circles within CRD territory to begin debating philosophy and politics, especially on the nature of the gods. New Kingdom and Aag scholars are warmly invited to attend.

Get an update on the Spirit of Conflict. Use 1E to locate it IF I have to.

1E+3P: Stir up ciivil right movements in dwarven lands with the goal of eliminating the artificial race barrier between the Clan and Clanless Dwarves.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 10:12:46 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 12, 2015, 02:19:26 am »

snip
Create a new obelisk somewhere near the Aag capital, it will record my debate with mavnon without any alteration, also including my initial accusation, along with his first response. Bring this obelisk to the attention of historians and the public in general.

Then we shall settle our dispute with words and ideas? If only you were this reasonable in mortal matters.

Allow me to respond to your claims, to get this debate started:

You speak of change, improvements.

Perhaps an attempt to weaken my defense, to rally me to your cause? Certainly a masquerade, a parade of lies.
Change? Improvement? Ascendance? All I see is blood needlessly spilled, a nation under a lie, that they are rebelling against cruel divinities, while they are the puppets of those they claim to be free from.
But are you really trying to hide your misdeeds? No, you leave a breadcrumb trail of evidences behind you, you wish to be found, because it creates conflict, you feed from the suffering of countless people, hence my accusation of selfishness.
Perhaps someone, feeling an ounce of sympathy for you would say this is your nature, that it is wrong to prevent you from being who you are?
A mere illusion. Conflict is a broad enough concept to exist without meaning death and suffering, even this debate is a form of conflict, and yet you insist to create it in it's most visceral and cruel form, perhaps with a sadistic joy? What else could justify so much blood being spilled? Although I must admit I am greatly pleased to see debate encouraged, a glimmer of hope that I am wrong, that you are not completely ill-intentioned.
And then, yet another deceitful tactic, pretending to be well intentioned by opposing a normal step of war by a peaceful move, while at the same time ordering your butchers to cleave through the lands you pretend to be so tolerant of.
You are not the good side in this conflict, you brought war, you brought destruction. What is won from this? Who benefit from this?
Certainly not any mortal, who must see the world torn by a battlefield, constantly fearing the coming of an endless war. Who else that you could benefit from this?
Certainly not the new kingdom, merely a pawn to you, a tool for conflict being fooled by a false sense of liberty.
Who, other than you, has anything to win from this conflict? The new kingdom is only at peace with your creation and your allies' creation.

Do take all the time you need to come with your response, if you can find any. I can be patient when the need arise, but do not attempt to weasel out of this, you would only prove me right, which I would make sure to inform everyone of.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 12, 2015, 04:58:07 am »

"I've no intent of running away; when have I ever? But let me address your points in order."

"Let us address Change. By my actions, both subtle and overt, I seek to encourage Change so as to result in Improvement and the eventual Ascendance of the mortal races. As I am, I embody the concept of Conflict and this is thus the method by which I engender change. Though it is debatable on whether I would use other methods were I of a different sphere, it must be obvious that my suggestions and actions have resulted in Improvement. The Floods of many years resulted in a Conflict of Civilisation and Nature...one the Aag avoided mostly at your 'benevolence'. This action, although just as damaging or even more so than a war, was seen by the gods as beneficial. Outright conquest of political entities over others at the suggestion of a god, on the other hand, is seen as malevolent. I care not about the moral standing of my brethren, but from my view both actions result in improvement. The flood brought technological innovation and the annexation of the weak tribes by the strong leads to centralisation of power. Though the improvement of the latter is debatable, I do believe centralisation will result in greater net good."

"Now for the second point. Feeding on Conflict. Well yes, I suppose I do feed on Conflict. Whether the duel of blades or the flourish of pens, I foster competition. This is not pointless chaos however, but meant to improve future mortal life. Perhaps it may seem paradoxical or insane that I cause sufferings in the present for the hope of improvement in the future, but think of this: does not the most disciplined soldier start as a green whelp? That is my belief on the world and I do not expect all to agree with it. Moving on..."

"Cruelty. Truly, you think war is the most cruel form of Conflict? Brother, you are sheltered beyond belief. Were I so cruel I would patronise a society of assassins, of slaves clambering for increasingly greater privileges and the toleration of their masters. I do not, but simply order the competition of equals. True, I have advised the indenturing of losing sides, but this is only temporary and made to improve the whole. Think of this; can a cracked stone support a wall? It simply cannot."

((I may be misinterpreting this next point; please correct me in OOC so that I can edit this if I am))
"Butchery throughout the lands. Terror, as I have shown throughout the eons, is not a concept I call taboo. Measured brutality for the greater good is far better than lax observance that will lead to great evil."

"Who benefits? Why, the winners of course. Who the winners are depend entirely on the course of the conflict. It just so happens that the side I was supporting takes victory. Let us look to the example of the minor human tribes. My favoured Dwarves of Rilem were able to annex these tribes with little difficulty and thus reaped the rewards. Had the humans won, I would have blessed them and honoured them for their victory. While it may seem I lack loyalty, I am simply taking the path to improvement."

"And finally, the New Kingdom. To be perfectly honest, I can only sympathise with their ideals...how can you not? Their methods too reflect my favoured sphere of Conflict and indeed, I cannot say what they do does not nourish me. But consider this: my Orcs and my Dwarves fight one another so that they may improve. Why would I, the goddess of Conflict, not order the New Kingdom to war with the Clan? It is against my whole philosophy. If you truly think me the cruel matron of Creation, why would I relieve my followers from combatting one another? Also do you truly imagine I can sustain the essence to empower two empires in Creation? Believe me that if I were able to, I would have far loftier goals in mind."

"I await your rebuttal."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 137