Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185864 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1665 on: July 15, 2015, 09:43:08 pm »

"I've already told Lithus. Suffice to say, I do not believe you will heed them. But I shall repeat them once more. The uplifting of mortals and their eventual replacement of the gods. Now sister, time for our last duel, yes?"

Use the Blade of Light to fight Iliseth if he attacks.
(This would've been fairly poetic, but then you went and called Iliseth a 'he'. Also, I kinda missed this the first time around.)

"The uplifting I can certainly do, but I think I'd rather have them as alternatives or equals to gods rather than their replacements. Why do you defend yourself, though? Did you not say you were prepared to face our justice?"

((Oops. Gotta change that.))

Mavnon laughed. 'I am but I still have my personal honour Iliseth. Come now, do you really expect me to go without a fight? I am the deity of Conflict and I shall die with Conflict in my heart."

"And dear Iliseth, if you did that, would a god truly exist? Would they not be the same as mortals? If all mortals possessed the same power as us, is there really any distinction? Regardless of the method, gods will be replaced."

Cattle:
You still fail to answer my point, mavnon.

Portals:
These passages do not show an intention to use portals as an exclusive mean of transportation as you claimed, the only thing I can see is you trying to teach the use of portal magic in a way only you can match in terms of cruelty and disdain.

"Let us look deeper into the obelisk then."

Teach Clan Rilem Mobile Portal Doctrine. Rather than engaging in mundane trade and combat, Rilem is to bring all technological and magical arts to their logical conclusion. Rather than making use of supply lines, trade routes or even roads, portals will be set up by dedicated Portabani, portal mages with the sole duty of opening portals. Rather than marching an army through an enemy's defenses, the army will simply teleport directly into the enemy's flanks. Rather than creating structures with entrances, buildings only accessible via portals will be made.

"It seems it was both for transport and for war. Still, it was only a method of locomotion and not the way of war itself."

Before I vomit out of disgust, let me address one of your point, I did not imply that you were the creator of the new kingdom in this argument you responded, only that you encourage it to bring war, as you greatly benefit from this.
Lithus vanishes for a few seconds, and returns, obviously sick.

BASED on what do YOU bring these accusations on my brother?! I have brought plenty of evidences backing my claims, I intend you do do the same...

...Or not. You admitted it yourself earlier, you lie to bring anger. You hope to bring me in another outburst of rage? I would no longer talk with logic, and would be easy to paint as insane and wrong, just as you did when my twin went on the battlefield. I will not fall for this, but know that I am already boiling with rage, I will not calm down until you and your allies are no longer a threat, whenever it implies your death or imprisonment or not. I will not burst with rage either, as I now know that it would only help you.

"I base it on your repeated statements that the New Kingdom was controlled by me. Come now Lithus, you cannot just take it all back now, yes? To the obelisk once more."

WORSHIPERS OF MAVNON, PEOPLE OF THE NEW KINGDOM! YOU ARE ALL FOOLED BY THIS ABOMINATION YOU CALL A GOD, THIS HORRENDOUS BEAST FEEL NOTHING BUT DISDAIN TOWARDS MORTALS, IMMORTALS AND GODS, YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A TOY, A PAWN FOR THIS DEMON, YOUR DEATH, YOUR SUFFERING MEAN NOTHING TO THIS BEAST, IT EVEN ENJOY THE PAIN IT INFLICTS TO ALL OF YOU THROUGH WARFARE AND DESTRUCTION!! NEW KINGDOM! EVEN THOUGH YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE ALL FREE FROM GODS, YOU ARE A PAWN OF MAVNON'S SCHEME OF DESTRUCTION! REALIZE THIS, OR DROWN IN THE BLOOD OF YOUR INNOCENT VICTIMS!!
I SHALL NO LONGER LET MY PEOPLE BE SLAUGHTERED BY YOU PATHETIC, BLOODTHIRSTY PSYCHOPATH! NONE OF THOSE WHO WANT TO SPREAD SUFFERING AND DESTRUCTION FOR THEIR OWN SAKE SHALL BE SPARED! SUPPORTERS OF MAVNON, KNOW THAT YOUR PATRON IS ONLY CAPABLE OF FEELING DISDAIN TOWARDS YOU. REPENT OR DROWN IN THE BLOOD OF YOUR VICTIMS!

"These statements clearly show you believe the New Kingdom to be my worshipers. As you know, the mortal species seem to only do things when prodded on by their gods and you believe I ordered them to go to war. I have made no order to the Kingdom, its King or its Soldiery that they should go to war. Regardless, the conflict it brings does empower me, I cannot say it does not."

((so many ninjas))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:48:11 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: July 15, 2015, 09:48:23 pm »

"..."

"...I have always been...too old...for this shit..."

"...why is it...that none of you understand the concept...of moderation...?...the blossom dies without rain, but it also dies by flood...Liuthus...I will support you...when you calm down...you are assuming the worst...Gods are not made of essence...Mavnon is not utterly evil...he has a very different philosophy than you...and he is misguided in many respects...but he is not evil...Utther...Utther may be considered evil...Patronius, it seems...is guilty only of association..."

"...I will never support the killing of a God...neither execution nor murder...self-defense I will not fault one for, but to murder one another is too far...we will strip Utther of his power...completely...and hold him caged beneath the earth, for his crimes...but to kill him is inexcusable...Mavnon will repay what he has cost you, and others...attempted murder...even of merely part of a god...is a heinous thing...I understand you felt your intentions were good, Mavnon...but there are limits to what can be done in the name of the greater good...

"...Liuthus...you need to decide...whether you believe Mavnon competent...or foolish...you seem to flip back and forth in your argument...he is intelligent...he is patient...if he could accomplish what you claim, he would have to be...so why would he run his mouth off...and say anything but what he wants you to hear...?...one's mortal creations making war is not a crime worthy of death...it is scarcely a crime in the first place, for a god of Conflict...War is not the only means of conflict, but neither are beasts the only things that Grow...would you ask me never to create a beast...?...or Luthus never to create revolutions with blood...?...Lies are disappointing, but they too are no crime...simply discourteous..."

Meaningful coughing.

"Liuthus...would you have us act on purely circumstantial evidence...?...Utther seems likely...Mavnon has certainly committed crimes of one nature or another that require repayment...and you wish to punish Patronius for the mere fact that he is their ally...this seems like the style of court...found in those Revolutions that swiftly become the tyrannies...they sought to topple..."

"Now...allow me to give my opinion on what might be done with the three...if you might be so kind..."

"Utther shall be found...he shall be bound...he shall be stripped of every iota of power he might have...and he will be kept within the depths of the fragments...split in three such that he might never regain his ability to cause such harm...I will craft Shadows of the darkest sort...to keep him hidden and chained...his crimes are not so plain as the other's...but they are too likely and too dangerous to ignore..."

"Mavnon...you shall repay what you have cost Liuthus...and likely, despite it's being in the past...for what Iliseth has lost to you...as a result of my not being the only say...Clan Rilem will stop their attacks on the Aag...and redirect their aggression towards the New Kingdom...as it's presence is a blight upon everyone, yourself included...should it succeed...you would, of course, be able to prolong the war...if you so chose...to make up for what you might lose in influence from the reduction in total fighting...but...I believe it can be arranged that all nations assist in the assault on this New Kingdom...which should help make up for it..."

"Patronius...your 'crime', so to speak, is simply association....to punish you would be amoral...we would require only that you assist in the destruction of this New Kingdom..."

((..."Warning - while you were typing 16 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post."...

FUCK IT POSTING ANYWAY))
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 09:50:49 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: July 15, 2015, 10:00:25 pm »

"Teburshe...none of my worshipers are attacking the Aag. Before Luthus went on with his tirade, Rilem was trying to achieve closer ties with the Aag. As for other things....we must speak in private."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: July 15, 2015, 10:08:34 pm »

((I know, right? I had to edit my other post twice to reflect that))

Mavnon, you will not fight if you know what is the best for your worshipers. And yes, I am ready to threaten your people, this is how far you have pushed me.

Cattle:
This indeed shows what you wanted me to see, I cannot argue with this fact.
I will ask you in return, why do you suddenly seek to own dragons? And at the same time as the mass production of this cattle? You never showed an ounce of interest towards them before, why suddenly change? The only answer I can see is that you wanted a stronger military, and since you begin collecting the means to bring a massive amount of troops anywhere you want at the same time, I can only conclude that your intentions are to devastate an innocent country. But you already admitted that this was your goal, so I suppose we can move to the next point safely, unless you have anything to add?

New kingdom:
Let us go back in time, back when I did those claims: Do you remember? You were still hiding this void situation, despite having no advantage to do so, that is unless your goal was to take control of it, but let us assume that it is not the case, for the sake of this discussion. Who would would ever seem to be guilty of empowering this kingdom back then, when you were hiding any evidence that would lead somewhere else than to you for some reason? There was only one possible culprit, utther was supposed to be unable to do anything and the king was still believed to be a real person, instead of this thing. I will admit that I was wrong on some of my claims without shame, as the only person that would make sense to be behind this was you. Now it seems this king have it's own agenda, and so I have to admit that there is a good chance that he is acting on his own. I still believe you were involved in this, in a way or another. Do you wish to know why? Because you did everything in your power to hide the truth. What is it that you do not want us to see?

((DAMIT DOZEN OF NINJAS! I'll reply to you in another post Rolepgeek.))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: July 15, 2015, 10:18:48 pm »

"I will only tell you on the condition that you do not stop me. By this I mean we would be bound in a Pact stating that you will not stop me from doing so. Suffice to say, you would be aghast, horrified, intrigued and perhaps wish to help."

"Now...as to why I want dragons. The reason is actually quite simple. Why not? Their patron god seems to be asleep and having them around would be interesting. Furthermore, I plan to build a new multicultural city in the future...if I'm still alive at that time."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: July 15, 2015, 10:21:58 pm »

"I disagree on the point that the misdirection of Mavnon is merely impolite Teburshe. Do you not consider lies to be harmful?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: July 15, 2015, 10:26:06 pm »

"Some, certainly...but they are to be expected...we all have secrets...myself included...though those Shadows are not yet Grown ripe...to expect all to share them would be ridiculous...and to keep a secret, lies may be necessary...beyond that, though...I speak from the perspective of the God of Shadow...and I speak of the God of Conflict...lies are in both of our natures...though mine has not yet shown itself, I will admit...that is the nature of Shadow, I suppose...as I said...he has committed crimes...some of their lies are included in those...others are not...discourtesy is something that requires compensation of a different sort..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: July 15, 2015, 10:32:37 pm »

Uztot nods.

"I see. You will forgive me if I do not share my views on these matters, for they are less important than keeping the peace, and our dignity as gods. I might get too emotional if I start talking for reasons other than to sate my own curiousity."

(Are we just waiting for all the other active players to post at this point?)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: July 15, 2015, 10:33:23 pm »

(Are we just waiting for all the other active players to post at this point?)
(Yup.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: July 15, 2015, 10:56:34 pm »

((Sorry to anyone waiting for me, I need to get some sleep. I'll be back tomorrow.))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: July 15, 2015, 11:38:14 pm »

"Personally, I see no value in killing any god here. The only point to it would be useless vengeance and preventing similar plans in the future, as it's too late to stop them. While I would like to see a world without Conflict, one of Kinship and Peace, I realize how useful Mavnon is for my plans, maybe for those of all of us, and even Utther has a tiny bit of merit. If we are 'voting' on this lynch mob, my votes are no, no, no, no, no and NO."

"Besides, I was and am going to 'win' regardless of what happens, so I am ambivalent. The Gambit Roulette spins, and I only see one fruitless result. The darkest hour is right before the dawn."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: July 15, 2015, 11:42:35 pm »

Verruckt goes around finding orphans, bringing them back to the dungeon and training them as adventurers. When they become adults, they are to found an organization dedicated to taking in orphans and other people without family and training them as adventurers.

Verruckt also visits settlements of various races, telling them about evolution orbs and the benefits of becoming an adventurer.

Finally Verruckt encourages several existing, talented adventurers to go out and create guilds across the lands to foster a more elaborate adventuring community. He pays them if necessary.

Edit: Last action assuming there are still any major settlements without guilds.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 12:24:58 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: July 15, 2015, 11:53:34 pm »

Verruckt goes around finding orphans, bringing them back to the dungeon and training them as adventurers. When they become adults, they are to found an organization dedicated to taking in orphans and other people without family and training them as adventurers.

Verruckt also visits settlements of various races, telling them about evolution orbs and the benefits of becoming an adventurer.

Finally Verruckt encourages several existing, talented adventurers to go out and create guilds across the lands to foster a more elaborate adventuring community. He pays them if necessary.

(Adventurer guilds already exist)
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: July 16, 2015, 08:20:46 am »

((Sorry fallacyofurist, I noticed I kinda stole your text color without realizing, I changed it now.))
Teburshe, Aurosseu, you both seem to misunderstand the exact situation, allow me to explain myself further. Both mavnon and utther have been proven to work towards the complete destruction of our creation, and the murder of at least one god each. Utther proven that mortal sealing will do nothing to stop them from plotting against the rest of us, and so I have proposed a final solution to end the threat they represent once for all before they get one or more of us killed. It is an extreme solution I agree, but it is the only one that I can find to end this, as they have both proven to be beyond repent. I have given patronius the benefit of doubt because of the low amount of evidence against him, and because the situation currently seems to imply that he was manipulated into this to some degree.

"I will only tell you on the condition that you do not stop me. By this I mean we would be bound in a Pact stating that you will not stop me from doing so. Suffice to say, you would be aghast, horrified, intrigued and perhaps wish to help."

"Now...as to why I want dragons. The reason is actually quite simple. Why not? Their patron god seems to be asleep and having them around would be interesting. Furthermore, I plan to build a new multicultural city in the future...if I'm still alive at that time."

The simple fact that you wish to bind me into a pact before giving me this knowledge is enough for me to know that you are ill intentioned and/or lying. You have already proven yourself untrustworthy in multiple occasion, if there is any knowledge you have that might change the situation you will reveal it or bring it in your tomb.

As for the dragon situation, again you have proven yourself too untrustworthy to receive the benefit of doubt. There is too much incriminating evidences against you to receive it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:25:56 am by FArgHalfnr »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: July 16, 2015, 10:22:30 am »

"Lithus. You lack foresight. I don't deny Mavnon and co.'s actions, nor will I stop their executions, should y'all decide to do them, but know that I've planned ahead enough to walk out of this mess victorious. You're holding the key, but I carry the card."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 137