Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185203 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (22/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1680 on: July 16, 2015, 10:54:19 am »

"Lithus. You lack foresight. I don't deny Mavnon and co.'s actions, nor will I stop their executions, should y'all decide to do them, but know that I've planned ahead enough to walk out of this mess victorious. You're holding the key, but I carry the card."

Quite the opposite, I am doing this because I know that it will happen again if no action is taken. Maybe you were spared from this incident, but what makes you believe it will be the same every time? Their plan imply your eventual death, along with everyone else's. You will be forced by them to take action one day or another, better do it now while you still have the upper hand.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: July 16, 2015, 11:07:47 am »

"Lithus...your claims are not proof...you have brought no evidence of Mavnon attempting to destroy the world...I believe you may be biased as a result of Mavnon's opinion on mortals...bring more concrete evidence to light...before asking us to kill one of our own..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: July 16, 2015, 11:08:13 am »

"Who is to say I haven't taken action yet?"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: July 16, 2015, 11:37:06 am »

"Lithus...your claims are not proof...you have brought no evidence of Mavnon attempting to destroy the world...I believe you may be biased as a result of Mavnon's opinion on mortals...bring more concrete evidence to light...before asking us to kill one of our own..."

Did I ever say that mavnon wished to destroy the world? No, this is the accusation against utther, but no one deny that he expressed this wish several times. I accused mavnon of planning a Deicide and to take over someone's nation, and I have a large amount of evidence backing this claim, allow me to refresh your memory:
-Has admitted her goal of murdering a god in a private discussion:
"Tell me what you'll do once you're sealed."
"Still do not trust me? Very well. Luthus is doomed. The Void shall consume him; it is too late. Lithus will hopefully live on. I will use the Blade to slay the King and take what soul it has as well as Luthus' own. I will not be affected as I will not be made of essence. My immortals are important for this as I've filled them with power; I need them to transport the souls."
"Transport what souls? It's at this point in time that you need to tell me everything you know about gods, souls, Essence, and the Void."
"No. I will have no interference sister."
"I will not interfere with your plans. I only wish to know so that if you fail, I can continue your work. Besides, you need other gods to bind you. You cannot do so on your own."
"I'm aware. Still, I cannot tell for if you knew, it would hamper my goals after this creature is dealt with. And if you will not seal me, another will."
"At least tell me what you know of the Void, Mavnon. No one benefits from our being ignorant on this subject, save for those working with the Void for their own ends."
"We are born from the Void and we will die in the Void; we can only slow its pace. Mortals are the key to ensuring our Bubble continues to exist and as such, the uplifting of them and their eventual replacement of the Gods is a distant necessity. That is all I am willing to tell Iliseth."
-has created a god-killing weapon:
Cancel all essence-using actions performed this turn. Create the Blade of Light using all my essence save 1 and enchant it with all remaining power. It is composed of pure light in Mavnon's hands. It shields those surrounding the bearer with pure light as well as those most beloved by Mavnon regardless of distance. It is especially deadly to beings composed of essence. The rallying effect only works on those friendly to the bearer. Only Mavnon may use it to its full effect; it is a normal steel blade otherwise.

-Mavnon has sent it's minion to scourge the library to end any technological edge her opponents might have, likely implying an upcoming declaration of war:

Within the divine library exists only the knowlege of mortals. there are exactly two reasons why a god would be interested in it and only one reason why God would grant free passage to mortals to it. To uplift their technology for free. The filth would violate my creation that I crafted simply for keeping of reccords for personal goals. And that just after I decided to give him benefit of doubt in a case where guilt could mean death and all proof was pointing at her. Not only would the bastard not stop at anything to gain an edge, she feels preapeared enough to deal with opposition. We either act now or we may as well slice our metaphorical throuths now and save the trouble.

-Has ordered to raise a large amount of cattle for sacrifice, empowering the portals necessary to send his armies anywhere in the universe, and is attempting to recruit two of the most fearsome species for her armies:
Another opportunity arises.

If a significant human population leave (which they probably will) turn the land over to livestock production. Immense livestock production.
If the non-conquered tribes leave as well, annex their former territories and rename them Free Marches. Each is ruled by an assigned viceroy by the CRD Regent but have their own rules. Most are granted to dwarven administrators but a handful are reserved for Mavnon's agents.

Mathenos, a small March, will be given over to the control of Illyria and her apprentices. While administrators will be selected to aid in the running of the province, she will be given ample resources to conduct any experiments she desires.

The Grand March, a medium-sized and relatively poor region, will be closed off from the outside world. No one with any sanity will inhabit it and walls are to be built around it.

Lan Cao is given a mission to convince a population of Droogans to settle CRD lands. They will receive all benefits of CRD citizenry and free land to call their own if they agree. Try to get their Dragons to come along as well. If they actually come, hand them control of a march.

It is true that my conflict was initially about our opinions on mortals, but this has blown out of proportions. If you believe I still linger on this issue while there is so much evidence of worse acts then you are fooled. I respect your wish to remain out of this, but you have no reason to defend her. Will you still be preaching for his protection when she will have a dagger on your throat?

It seems that you believe I will turn against you because of our opinions, but this is wrong. My opposition did not come from her lack of interest in mortals, but from his callous disregard and intentional destruction of them without reason. As far as I know you do not constantly bring pointless pain and torment to your people, and so I see no reason to be against you.

"Who is to say I haven't taken action yet?"

Talking of self preservation or defensive measures I presume? If you do nothing to maintain or bring justice you will have no one to blame but yourself when they will be at your door. You will find that no one will be there to help you when you will be in the direst need if you help none. Simple logic.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: July 16, 2015, 11:52:25 am »

"Conquest...is not a crime...worthy of execution...it is scarcely...a crime at all...unless you wish to punish...any mortal...with dreams of conquest...?...do not get me wrong...in a war, I will support you...and in a war, the loser pays compensation to the victor...and that is in itself something of a punishment...particularly since Mavnon is the aggressor...his plan to kill Luthus is upsetting...though even I am not certain of your relationship...he planned it with vaguely good intentions...but again...that is not worthy of execution...I can oppose the God of Conflict...while remaining on friendly terms...that is one nice thing...about a god who loves war...I understand your concerns...but I have to point out...Gods are not of Essence...we are of Crux...it is a Divine Creation slaying weapon...not a god-slaying one...her greatest crime is attempting to kill Luthus...and for that he must be punished...but death is not the answer...he is a god of pacts, correct...?...so what better way to keep them true to their word...than to bind them in one...?...my suggestion for punishment still stands...though I believe I forgot at the time...that the Blade of Light being broken...should be part of the agreement..."

"Mavnon has his reasons...for inflicting hardship upon the mortals...you simply disagree with their being good enough ressons...he wishes to elevate them, yes...?...so he must test them...and try them...and push them to breaking...so that what is left...is stronger for it...it is much like tending a garden...though his goal differs enormously from mine..."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 11:54:33 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: July 16, 2015, 12:04:35 pm »

"Lithus. Your conclusions are plausible, maybe even probable, but hasty. You're missing important details. You haven't thought this completely through. I can tell."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 16, 2015, 12:21:23 pm »

"Conquest...is not a crime...worthy of execution...it is scarcely...a crime at all...unless you wish to punish...any mortal...with dreams of conquest...?...do not get me wrong...in a war, I will support you...and in a war, the loser pays compensation to the victor...and that is in itself something of a punishment...particularly since Mavnon is the aggressor...his plan to kill Luthus is upsetting...though even I am not certain of your relationship...he planned it with vaguely good intentions...but again...that is not worthy of execution...I can oppose the God of Conflict...while remaining on friendly terms...that is one nice thing...about a god who loves war...I understand your concerns...but I have to point out...Gods are not of Essence...we are of Crux...it is a Divine Creation slaying weapon...not a god-slaying one...her greatest crime is attempting to kill Luthus...and for that he must be punished...but death is not the answer...he is a god of pacts, correct...?...so what better way to keep them true to their word...than to bind them in one...?...my suggestion for punishment still stands...though I believe I forgot at the time...that the Blade of Light being broken...should be part of the agreement..."

"Mavnon has his reasons...for inflicting hardship upon the mortals...you simply disagree with their being good enough ressons...he wishes to elevate them, yes...?...so he must test them...and try them...and push them to breaking...so that what is left...is stronger for it...it is much like tending a garden...though his goal differs enormously from mine..."

This is not some normal morrtal conquest over a few lands, this is the outright takover of an entire nation, enough to starve a god from his worship income. The blade of light was created with the intent to harm a god, as expressed by mavnon at several occasions, and she has admitted to wish to use it to cut me in half. Even after showing that her concerns towards my twin, the only thing that could be close to justify an action agaist him has been proven false, he has said that she still intended to murder him:
Split personality disorder?! You have no idea of what we are, and I would have to clarify that I am
Lithus, Luthus is resting after his battle.

You have no right to choose for us, and it is now obvious that my twin is not falling for the void, as he ended his battle. You no longer have any excuse to back your murder.

My brother is not hampering me, he is the one protecting me from the likes of you, interested in nothing but perpetrating needless bloodbaths in our lands. The only thing that would happen if you killed him would be my weakening and withering, something you surely hope to see...

The only reason why I opposed you in the first place was because you would refuse to end wasting lives needlessly while you could've easily avoided inflicting such pain without limiting your power. It is now clear that you are much worse than any of us could've expected. I did not want any part in this stupid war, all I want is to help mortals progress and lead better lives, but because of people like you I cannot, I am forced to waste all of my energies protecting this little inhospitable piece of sand from you bloodthirsty tyrants.

"No right? Perhaps. But I see this Luthus as only a blight upon your persona and ought be excised. It is clear you disagree and you are defensive of it.  I see there is no chance of eliminating him now, unfortunately. If you will not let me eliminate that malignant blight, allow someone else to do so. It is not healthy. And perhaps you would weaken at first once Luthus is gone, but surely you would regain that power and even greater heights in short time. But I doubt we'll ever see that now, yes?"

"And for the last time, this New Kingdom is not my creation. Kill me as you like, but I will die swearing that this Kingdom is not mine."

"Now Lithus, what other accusations must I answer for? I lie, I agree. I sponsored the annexation of the human lands, I agree. I sponsored the expansion of the cattle industry, I agree. I attempted to murder Luthus, I agree. What else do you ask of me?"

Do you still believe she has an ounce of good will? Tell me of it and I will prove you wrong again.

"Lithus. Your conclusions are plausible, maybe even probable, but hasty. You're missing important details. You haven't thought this completely through. I can tell."

Plausible? Probable? I do not recall anyone requiring so much (or any at all) evidence for utther's punishment last time. I believe I have brought far enough to justify her execution, what else do you need to know? Or perhaps there is something you know that you would like to bring up? The more we know the better we will be able to deal with this situation.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: July 16, 2015, 01:46:38 pm »

"Yes, there is something I would like to bring up: the fact that my last couple of sentences' only purpose was to test you. And you failed. I've no desire to speak with you further at this time."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: July 16, 2015, 02:26:51 pm »

Was there any purpose in what you said? You did not bring any argument. If you believe I am wrong then debate me. Do not run away in the shadows while making cryptic messages, it brings nothing to the current situation.

But if you wish to simply vanish and abandon this argument then do it. There is nothing stopping you. You are all too apathetic to do anything other than preserve yourselves...

Believe that I am wrong? Prove it.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: July 16, 2015, 03:38:53 pm »

"Pretty (or ugly) words prove nothing."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: July 16, 2015, 03:42:33 pm »

Let's look at actions then. Mavon is trying to break into Divine library to technologicly uplift races of her choice for free. She has built a weapon specialized for god killing. She is involved with both Uther and New kingdom. Same as you at that. Seems all rather incriminating to me.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: July 16, 2015, 03:46:03 pm »

"Hmm? I am not countering any point regarding Mavnon's guilt or innocence; I am simply responding to Lithus' statements - his attempts to shame other gods into debating him. All of this argument he is riling up is rather pointless."
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: July 16, 2015, 04:18:09 pm »

My words are petty? My argument pointless? I bring evidences of, among many other things, a planned deicide and yet no one reacts. The two only possibilities that I can see are that most are either allied with the criminals or do not care enough to act. Since the first solution is clearly false I can only find apathy to blame it on. Not that it should matter to you, you are one of the accused, while my claim was addressed at those who did not involved themselves in any way yet. Or in fact it should, you and your fellow accused are the only ones that have anything to win from this apathy. Was I attempting to bring responses? Yes, because this is the only way for justice for function.

...If no one cares about justice, what am I supposed to conclude? That there is not any form of justice? That the only way to stop a criminal is to kill him myself? Is that what you are all advocating for? Vigilante justice? Is that any different from the rule of the fittest? Are we no better than mere beasts?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: July 16, 2015, 08:28:19 pm »

Let's look at actions then. Mavon is trying to break into Divine library to technologicly uplift races of her choice for free. She has built a weapon specialized for god killing. She is involved with both Uther and New kingdom. Same as you at that. Seems all rather incriminating to me.

"As I ask once again, if I were to open portals between all racial capitals and the Divine Library, would that at least disprove that I plan to use it to my advantage?"

Lithus stuff.

"Lithus, I tire of this. You are neither fighting the invaders nor having me killed. If you ever make up your mind, please do tell. I'll be in the Mountainhome if you need me."

Cancel forging the Blade of Light.
2P+1E: Sponsor peaceful civil rights movements in Dwarven territories. If they are assaulted, they are not to fight back.
2E: The Orcish warleaders who led their clans in raids are to be blessed with random blessings of increased strength/intelligence/endurance/charisma
2E: Raise an immortal prophet amongst the Loi'naaryt who preaches that their god Moi'aaty has fallen into an eternal slumber and that they might as well worship other gods, the High Church and Elemental Council in particular. His name shall be Herema
Check up on the technology and culture of CRD.
Check up on Illyria's work.
3E or less: Create a device that redirects the soul of dead Nothingness followers to the High Heavens.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 10:18:43 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: July 16, 2015, 10:26:58 pm »

So the final answer is pathetic, cowardly apathy?
I,, will be laug/hing so[] much at your ine||vitable death.

Mavnon, Utther, Patronius, If I ever see any of you dare to touch my lands again I will rip all of your heads off myself. Remove this filth you call new kingdom from my lands. I don't care of your pathetic excuses of a lie you will do it if you care for your damn life, regardless of whatever crap you did to get involved in it. I have wasted enough of my time on this mess. Mavnon, you will be the first to die if you open this damn portal. Gai-gen, block the access to technology in your library, this little piece of ... we call mavnon has made it obvious enough that it is not safe to let it in the open.

...Don't think that ending you three is out of my reach, the tool is almost ready...

..:,D  .,COWARDS| BLOOD|/\,//|.batttth;
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 137