Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185835 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1725 on: July 31, 2015, 01:13:42 am »

"...I suggested action of my own...simply because I do not desire the death of a god does not mean I have done any less than you, Liuthus...you have done exactly as much as I have in this regard...unless you refer to your manual destruction of the New Kingdom armies...you believe I lie...based on what, precisely...?...I am a God of Shadows...to expect me not to utilize deception is as to expect you not to incite revolution...I simply desire something more than hearsay and presumption before I take action...you speak of logic...that is logic...not these...half-assembled witch hunts...I do not wish a death...but nor do I wish for something such as the New Kingdom to go unabated...I have spoken with Mavnon...and in the coming ticks...*cough*...we will see whether he has deceived you accidentally...or me intentionally..."

"...if you want to use logic...why would they support the new kingdom...particularly if it is suicidal...they hate all gods...Patronius cannot benefit...Mavnon scarcely benefits...you think he is accomplice simply because he found a way to avoid being struck before he was ready...?...Utther, perhaps, benefits...and I believe that he should be held under the most stringent form of lock and key...stripped of every ounce and speck of power...if he wants nothingness...let us give it to him...but I will not kill for a rumor and an assumption, Liuthus...bring me proof, and you will have aid...it does not help matters that this tick has been drawn out for so long by all this argument, such that nothing can be learned definitively...but you are not using logic...you are using anger...if not blind, then misdirected...at least partially...Mavnon is certainly guilty of crimes, as I have said time and again...but I can do little more than you at this juncture without the aid of the other gods...and if none can agree upon a punishment, nothing can be accomplished..."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 01:22:51 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: July 31, 2015, 01:21:12 am »

"New gods, one thing Li/uthus didn't mention in their 'tips' is Pantheons. To survive in this harsh world where nobody cares, as they said, you need friends who do care. Two gods co-operating are more poweful than four acting individually. There are currently three Pantheons: one focused on holding power over everything by keeping it in constant conflict, another focused on bringing progress and advancing the world, and a third one focused on keeping it from falling apart while the others duke it out. You can also start your own Pantheon if you gather a couple friends."

"Teburshe, you are a very wise god and I couldn't have said that better. Or maybe (probably not) I can: Li/uthus, wake up! Think, leave the faulty logic to me who can actually use it! This is not about Mavnon, this is about you."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: July 31, 2015, 07:37:23 am »

"A god of conflict. Why not a god of war, or discord? Why must it be conflict, so generalized. Hmm I have so many ideas, which one could sell him that I am not evil. No, too violent, explodes if it touches air, causes rage, spontaneous combustion upon contact with water, AHA!! Perhaps if I helped speed communication among your followers, I have an idea, well two idea really, actually three if you count the power source, called, electricity, computing, and "the internet." they, together, could revolutionize communications!"

Mavnon smirked. It was not often she could act like an elder to another god. "Child of Invention...you are insane. I cannot make heads or tails of your speech and thus far, I cannot understand your Desire. But...welcome nonetheless. Please do enjoy this...eternity."

"Ah and before I forget, please ensure you do not try...working with Utter. His plans are far to destructive."

"I seek to build an invention that will change the universe, that is all, I could care less about godly politics. Although I may like to have an area to build a workshop mortals can visit.."

Change in a good way or a bad way? This is the only thing I care about. I would usually be interested in this kind of project but I am not in the mood right now.

I do not usually care about these kind of petty conflicts either, but these three idiots forced me into it. Their latest act of villainy consisted of hiding, supporting and manipulating a being that can and want to destroy the entire universe, yourself included, and backing a war against all of creation. I am not interested in fighting suicidal cartoon villains, all I care about is to improve these worlds. These idiots forced me to stop this and fight, and will force you to do the same eventually.

And for these workshops, my pantheon might have an interest in it. Contact me privately if you wish for me to connect you to them.

Luthus appears, with a similar appearance, but not size, to the granite titan:
I have just come to think about it, mavnon and co... If you did not bring your stupid new kingdom into my lands I would not even be fighting you. You three must be moronic for doing this, as if you wanted to suffer. Now I will not stop until you no longer prevent us for doing what we care about, you forced us to do this. I will make the universe a better place, and none of you will stop me. My tool will be ready for anti-god usage soon enough. You will put an end to this debacle you call the new kingdom before my tool is ready if you do not want to be it's first test subjects. Just tell me if you need another example, I would be glad to annihilate your followers again if this is what it takes to force you into action.

"My dear Luthus, you truly have no understanding of the threads that have been weaved. Truth be told, neither do I. Still, I will humour you to prove how wrong you are."

Attempt to tell the NK to stop the invasion.

"New gods, one thing Li/uthus didn't mention in their 'tips' is Pantheons. To survive in this harsh world where nobody cares, as they said, you need friends who do care. Two gods co-operating are more poweful than four acting individually. There are currently three Pantheons: one focused on holding power over everything by keeping it in constant conflict, another focused on bringing progress and advancing the world, and a third one focused on keeping it from falling apart while the others duke it out. You can also start your own Pantheon if you gather a couple friends."

"Teburshe, you are a very wise god and I couldn't have said that better. Or maybe (probably not) I can: Li/uthus, wake up! Think, leave the faulty logic to me who can actually use it! This is not about Mavnon, this is about you."

"Conflict? Surely I personally have that goal, to an extent, but dear Patronius does not. Truth be told, the High Church has little true purpose beyond the education of mortals in our values."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:40:53 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: July 31, 2015, 08:04:52 am »

"Mavnon, please refrain from assuming which of my words refer to you or your pantheon. And know that there is almost always a subtext."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 31, 2015, 08:21:21 am »

"Oh? Dreamer, certainly there is a truth in not assuming, but this is simple deduction. Even if you are trying to imply that another pantheon is you-" She paused.

"You play a dangerous game. Or a safe one. You can never tell with a god of dreams. A little bit of a logic puzzle. I shall ruminate on this."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:27:38 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 31, 2015, 11:12:18 am »

"Greetings to you, my kin. As long as your inventions don't invite needless Conflict, we should get along swimmingly."

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 31, 2015, 11:15:53 am »

"Thank you, for once someone welcomes me without suspicion, I have a feeling we will be best friends."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: July 31, 2015, 11:22:41 am »

You all bore me with your deceit, petty manipulation and idiotic politics.
Mavnon, you have incriminated yourself far too much in this affair for me to give you the benefit of doubt, I no longer care to what degree you worked with the new kingdom or utther or anyone else, with all the deceit you pull around this you might as well be behind every single plots of destruction of this universe. What I said would happen if the new kingdom survives still stands.
Teburshe, do you really wish me to believe you while you openly claim to be a liar? Do whatever you want, I do not care anymore. You might as well not be from our pantheon at this point anyways.
Aurosseu, we will have nothing to tell each other until you speak directly, and not with metaphors and enigmas. I do not care if it is in your nature or anything. I can refrain from bringing violent revolutions all over the world, you can speak normally.

As for the new gods, if you want to improve this universe you are welcome to contact us to join our pantheon. Otherwise avoid to threaten my lands or this universe and I will have no reason to fight you.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: July 31, 2015, 11:59:11 am »

"...are you even listening to yourself...?...I said no such thing...Deception...and lies...are not the same...nor have I made us of deception...or presented any evidence for you to disbelieve...you simply choose to disregard ,
my requests out of frustration...because you did not get your way...you wish to kick me from the pantheon now...why exactly...?...you claim Mavnon to have incriminated himself...yet refuse to bring up actual evidence...are we to assume now that because you do not desire anyone to interfere with your lands...that it must mean that you are building doomsday devices there...?...the vast majority of this is little more than conspiracy theory...and rampant paranoia...in what way do you believe me to be deceiving you, precisely...?...in what way am I trying to manipulate...?...persuade, yes...but if you now consider that to be manipulation...what politics now occur that are not being caused by your accusations...?"

"...you seem to aspire to be a true revolutionary...with the route you are taking...replacing the former tyrant with one of a different shade...threatening anyone who dares question your decisions...and shunning those who do not play the role you choose for them....Uztot, Iliseth, surely you can see that some shred of real evidence...rather than hearsay and presumption...is required before sentencing Patronius...at the least, whose only crime, even in Liuthus' own words, is merely that of association...?...Utther is guilty of many things, and it is clear his previous punishment was not sufficient...Mavnon overstepped his bounds in several respects, foremost among them the conspiracy to kill Luthus...but are we going to be acting on guilt by association, now...?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: July 31, 2015, 12:18:55 pm »

Uztot looks between the two gods with a deeply sad look in his eyes.

"My main concern at this point Teburshe, is that a judgement would be better than the lack of one. Silence is not a good thing to be united in when Utther is the topic of discussion."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: July 31, 2015, 12:26:34 pm »

"...Mavnon, will you assist us in carrying out Utther's sentence, whatever it might be...?...Patronius, would you do the same...?...I can do little more than ask, Uztot...though that much I certainly can do...Aurosseu, would you aid us in this as well...?...I would ask every god...but the newcomers need time to plant their own seeds...and Ihave my doubts as to how well the rest are listening...and indeed, now much they would care...or be able to help..."

"...I will compromise...in this one instance...if the execution of Utther is necessary to come to agreement...I will lend my aid...he desires nonexistence...perhaps it would be best to grant him it..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: July 31, 2015, 01:03:38 pm »

"I would, in fact, be interested in contacting the Pantheon of Progress, as was."
"I have an idea that I'd like to build.  As you may have noticed."

((We really ought to codify the pantheons or whatever.))
Anywho.
==Action==
As apparently, I need to differentiate myself from other gods about...I expend up to three Essence on planting the seed of proper inventor's workshops, in proper creative minds of any race whose god will allow it (with, of course, the idea that they are somewhat sacred places, and what one might term a shrine of sorts in the corner...) and if they aren't, in fact, already invented, clocks and clockwork.  And possibly timekeeping.
==Action==
Also, I expend up to 3 Power on planting the seeds of 'urban' legends of, you know, me.  As I have not, in fact, made any real manifestations.  Yet.  Those will come later.  When those workshops are built.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:38:14 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: July 31, 2015, 01:11:00 pm »

Aurosseu, we will have nothing to tell each other until you speak directly, and not with metaphors and enigmas. I do not care if it is in your nature or anything. I can refrain from bringing violent revolutions all over the world, you can speak normally.
Aurosseu glares at Li/uthus silently for a moment.

"...Liuthus."

"...You are either very insane, or very, very stupid, trying to defeat the god of Conflict in her own game. You have stopped listening to other gods, so I don't even know why I am saying this:"

"There is no way for you to ultimately win or even lose the least, not a single one, on the path you're treading. You need to calm down, rethink your actions, and bring peace in a way that doesn't involve conflict. It might not be too late for you, so make me proud."

"There is more to this, but it is not something I would say publicly, nor to you even privately. Know that if you don't understand a hidden meaning in my speech, you are probably not supposed to."

"will you assist us in carrying out Utther's sentence, whatever it might be...? Aurosseu, would you aid us in this as well...?
"I will work for justice to happen. Whether that will involve assisting you, I can't say yet, but I wouldn't be afraid to put money on it, as long as more thought is put into it than last time."

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: July 31, 2015, 01:39:13 pm »

Teburshe, you are again centering all around yourself. My opinion on you did not only come from our disagreement, I am not this hasty in my judgements. This is the result of a long reflection, taking many points in account. I came to the conclusion that you do not seem interested in bringing the worlds to a higher level, which is the goal of the pantheon, and our disagreement did little to bring me to this conclusion. If you believe I am wrong, then by all means bring your arguments, I am open to changing my mind.

As for the treatment of those three, it seems that coming to an agreement will be hard. I have already changed my opinion regarding patronius's judgement. I would only seek to bring a minor punishment due to the fact that he maintained his ties with mavnon despite knowing her destructive nature, perhaps as a reminder that intentional association with evil is not tolerable. We seem to have come to the same conclusion regarding utther, a being whose sole purpose is the destruction of everything will most likely not change. As for mavnon, I highly doubt he will be of any help, considering her previous ties with utther. I would not be surprised if this was just a tactic to be forgiven, that would certainly fit his character. I seriously doubt of her capacity at redemption, he certainly isn't showing any sings of this. I will let her live if he does as I asked, but I will never trust her and I recommend everyone to do the same.

Lithus returns, however his face is... Spidery?

I will ask my pantheon their opinion on your addition. I am sorry for the previous... hostility. You did not exactly come in a peaceful time. Hopefully things will go better in the future.

Edit: Ninja'd. I'll add my reply to you in a few seconds. done:

snip

It seems I have offended you? I do not care about politeness, manners or politics, I bring my points directly and I don't insult without a good reason. If you think this is what I did to you, you are wrong.

I have come to a choice that will certainly not give any victory to mavnon. She either clean his mess and never bother me again, or she gets to be my tool's first test subject. Weaseling out of this in any way will result in direct physical harm and potential death.

If you wish to tell something without saying it, you will not get any response. I will not start playing with your puzzles to learn anything. If this information is important, you will reveal it or it will be ignored. I do not care what means you used to obtain it, if you want anonymity I will bring it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:04:26 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: July 31, 2015, 01:41:05 pm »

"You are welcome to spread your ideas in the Clans of Space. Beware to not distract them too much from their task to explore space."
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 137