Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185732 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1770 on: July 31, 2015, 03:56:27 pm »

Neither I or the other members of the pantheon are conspiring against you, rest assured. I wished to know if you really had the same objective as we have. I suppose that your way of acting is less visible than direct actions, but it seems you do have the same wish as we have, now that you present it in this way. I am sorry of doubting of you. The current situation did not help... I need to take a break from this mess.

"...that is, I think...an example of what I mean when I speak of the Shadows...deception is there, in a manner of speaking...but it is subtlety...and indirect change...that are more closely associated with it...I simply could not find the words for it...shadows conceal...and they obscure...but they rarely lie...they simply allow one to take the conclusions about what they mean...without correction...perhaps it is my fault...for thinking it would be clear...my apologies..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: July 31, 2015, 04:31:52 pm »

Neither I or the other members of the pantheon are conspiring against you, rest assured. I wished to know if you really had the same objective as we have. I suppose that your way of acting is less visible than direct actions, but it seems you do have the same wish as we have, now that you present it in this way. I am sorry of doubting of you. The current situation did not help... I need to take a break from this mess.

"...that is, I think...an example of what I mean when I speak of the Shadows...deception is there, in a manner of speaking...but it is subtlety...and indirect change...that are more closely associated with it...I simply could not find the words for it...shadows conceal...and they obscure...but they rarely lie...they simply allow one to take the conclusions about what they mean...without correction...perhaps it is my fault...for thinking it would be clear...my apologies..."

I was addressing what you said about growth, and the means you use to bring it. I am still glad to see I was wrong on this other point too.

I am happy we were able to resolve this peacefully through discussion.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: July 31, 2015, 04:51:20 pm »

"...I understand...it was just that when you said it was less visible...it reminded me of the word I desired to describe what I mean when I speak of Shadows..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: July 31, 2015, 07:31:49 pm »

"Augh!  WHAT THE CARP IS GOING ON WITH THIS WORLD'S MAGIC SYSTEMS?!?!  They're ALL OVER THE PLACE!"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: July 31, 2015, 07:35:53 pm »

"Augh!  WHAT THE CARP IS GOING ON WITH THIS WORLD'S MAGIC SYSTEMS?!?!  They're ALL OVER THE PLACE!"

"They"?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: July 31, 2015, 07:38:48 pm »

"They"?
*indicates the variety of magics about*
((See DS's list, ye?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: July 31, 2015, 07:46:03 pm »

"They"?
((See DS's list, ye?))

Oh, is that it? I don't really see the problem. Having multiple systems offer a greater diversity of choice, rendering magic as a whole far more versatile.

Isn't that something you should like? The abundance of magic should be empowering your second aspect.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: July 31, 2015, 07:56:33 pm »

"They"?
((See DS's list, ye?))

Oh, is that it? I don't really see the problem. Having multiple systems offer a greater diversity of choice, rendering magic as a whole far more versatile.

Isn't that something you should like? The abundance of magic should be empowering your second aspect.

"True, but...It seems so sloppy to have multiple small systems as opposed to one big, unifying system.  Or, at least, you know.  A system with subsystems."

Also, 3E to Iliseth, as magic fees.  Because magic. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:05:30 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: July 31, 2015, 08:01:59 pm »

"They"?
((See DS's list, ye?))

"True, but...It seems so sloppy to have multiple small systems as opposed to one big, unifying system.  Or, at least, you know.  A system with subsystems."

((Someone tell him about True Magic~))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: July 31, 2015, 08:05:02 pm »

((Go ahead.))
Sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: July 31, 2015, 08:07:01 pm »

((Go ahead.))
(Void stuff. Unstable, unsafe, untestable, and evil. Don't touch it.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: July 31, 2015, 08:10:13 pm »

((Go ahead.))
((Oh, WHAT FUN.))
((Seriously.  Why.  WHY.  WHY THE FISH.))
((All the same.))
"All right, this is simply untenable.  I'm going to DO THINGS.  If any of you want to help, I'd appreciate it.  Uniting magic....Here goes."
==Action==
Expend as much Essence as is required, unless I run out of Essence, to craft a metamagic system to unite the systems that can be united.  I am going to hypothesize that 'True Magic' will not be included in such.  Also, this will result in an expansion of effects of types of magic beyond, perhaps, their original scope.  Specifically, pyromancers will find that they can, surprisingly enough, do things other than create fire.  Because mental force really should be more versatile.  This is a theoretically collaborative effort, if anyone wants to contribute.
==End Action==
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:23:00 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: July 31, 2015, 08:13:00 pm »

((Go ahead.))
((Oh, WHAT FUN.))
(Because it actively hates you and wants to kill you. Unless you make a deal with whatever Void beings exist, it'll do everything in its power to strip you of your power and ruin your creations. Making a deal is a very bad idea, if Ye Gods was anything to go by.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: July 31, 2015, 08:13:55 pm »

((Go ahead.))

((That is pure conjecture!

There *is* also a mysterious ambient energy all Gods are instinctively aware is known as "Magic", however it is separated from this world. Think of it like an energy trapped behind a foggy pane of bulletproof glass, they can see something on the other side but can not get to it. A coordinated effort from multiple gods could put a hole in the glass, giving magic to mortals, but you would not understand how it works.

))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: July 31, 2015, 08:16:09 pm »

((Go ahead.))
((Oh, WHAT FUN.))
(Because it actively hates you and wants to kill you. Unless you make a deal with whatever Void beings exist, it'll do everything in its power to strip you of your power and ruin your creations. Making a deal is a very bad idea, if Ye Gods was anything to go by.)
((Didn't stirk say something at some point about making the void stuff more hostile and alien? So far our only contact with them is through a massive army of brainwashed husks. That and apparently killing them infects you or something.))
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 137