Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185716 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1785 on: July 31, 2015, 08:17:39 pm »

((Didn't stirk say something at some point about making the void stuff more hostile and alien? So far our only contact with them is through a massive army of brainwashed husks. That and apparently killing them infects you or something.))

((That is pure conjecture!

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: July 31, 2015, 08:19:14 pm »

((Didn't stirk say something at some point about making the void stuff more hostile and alien? So far our only contact with them is through a massive army of brainwashed husks. That and apparently killing them infects you or something.))

((so it wasn't you? I swear I remember someone talking about that before litany really started.))
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: July 31, 2015, 08:20:22 pm »

((so it wasn't you? I swear I remember someone talking about that before litany really started.))

((The syntax of that sentence was deliberately vague  :P))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: July 31, 2015, 08:20:55 pm »

((Go ahead.))
(Void stuff. Unstable, unsafe, untestable, and evil. Don't touch it.)

There *is* also a mysterious ambient energy all Gods are instinctively aware is known as "Magic", however it is separated from this world. Think of it like an energy trapped behind a foggy pane of bulletproof glass, they can see something on the other side but can not get to it. A coordinated effort from multiple gods could put a hole in the glass, giving magic to mortals, but you would not understand how it works.

))
It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???):IC Tick 16.4: WHAAAAAG!
« Reply #1789 on: July 31, 2015, 08:22:16 pm »

((Maybe we should take this to the OOC?))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: July 31, 2015, 08:25:21 pm »

((Aye.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: July 31, 2015, 08:32:00 pm »

((They where supposed to tell you IC. Aww.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: July 31, 2015, 08:37:15 pm »

((Go ahead.))
(Void stuff. Unstable, unsafe, untestable, and evil. Don't touch it.)
((Oh, WHAT FUN.))
((Seriously.  Why.  WHY.  WHY THE FISH.))
((All the same.))
"All right, this is simply untenable.  I'm going to DO THINGS.  If any of you want to help, I'd appreciate it.  Uniting magic....Here goes."
==Action==
Expend as much Essence as is required, unless I run out of Essence, to craft a metamagic system to unite the systems that can be united.  I am going to hypothesize that 'True Magic' will not be included in such.  Also, this will result in an expansion of effects of types of magic beyond, perhaps, their original scope.  Specifically, pyromancers will find that they can, surprisingly enough, do things other than create fire.  Because mental force really should be more versatile.  This is a theoretically collaborative effort, if anyone wants to contribute.
==End Action==
((Right, to get back to business...))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: July 31, 2015, 08:42:25 pm »

(I am gonna treat this as if that were IC) "Yes, but the use of it must be powerful for such strong blowback, maybe I could make something that absorbs the blowback, just giving us the results?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: July 31, 2015, 08:44:44 pm »

(I am gonna treat this as if that were IC) "Yes, but the use of it must be powerful for such strong blowback, maybe I could make something that absorbs the blowback, just giving us the results?"
"What."  "Oh, stop breaking the Fourth Wall, I don't have TIME for that."  "Also, help would be appreciated with my current endeavor, thanks."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:47:41 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: July 31, 2015, 10:22:54 pm »

"Godling, dare to touch the Void and I will kill you. What lies beyond Creation is not meant to be tinkered or touched."

"...Mavnon, will you assist us in carrying out Utther's sentence, whatever it might be...?...Patronius, would you do the same...?...I can do little more than ask, Uztot...though that much I certainly can do...Aurosseu, would you aid us in this as well...?...I would ask every god...but the newcomers need time to plant their own seeds...and Ihave my doubts as to how well the rest are listening...and indeed, now much they would care...or be able to help..."

"...I will compromise...in this one instance...if the execution of Utther is necessary to come to agreement...I will lend my aid...he desires nonexistence...perhaps it would be best to grant him it..."

"Brother, as I have stated before, I see little reason to punish him simply for carrying out their inner Desire....if that was all he was doing. Destruction is a natural component of Creation and so far, that is all Utther has been guilty of...unless you have information which I lack. I will not act against him unless you can provide evidence towards an actual attempt to open the world to the Void. If you can provide it, I will happily punish him and kill him myself."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: July 31, 2015, 11:11:41 pm »

"Yeah, if something's BEYOND the empty space that existed before, I don't think introducing it here is a good thing." 
"Especially as just about every single thing you find behind the curtain of reality is generally some sort of eldritch abomination intent on destroying ALL the things.  Which is part of why I'm trying to get a cohesive metamagic together, because a disjoint system will not help should we have to deal with whatever is behind that.  Granted, I don't know if ANYTHING will, so, yeah." 
"That, and the sheer number of systems is not only mind-boggling, but needlessly so.  One form of magic could have accomplished what has been done before.  Except maybe whatever this Art is."
Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: July 31, 2015, 11:28:56 pm »

"The Art? That's Illiseth's soul magic, if I recall. It does...several things, though from what I can tell, it is difficult to master."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: July 31, 2015, 11:40:42 pm »

"The Art? That's Illiseth's soul magic, if I recall. It does...several things, though from what I can tell, it is difficult to master."
"Thought so."
"The question is, though, whether metamagic could incorporate that, as it's qualitatively different from most of the other stuff about...And whether it really should."

==Action==
Should metamagic be succeeding so far, hold in abeyance any application of it to Iliseth, etc.'s Art.  Don't want to have casual manipulation of souls be a thing...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:42:24 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: July 31, 2015, 11:56:41 pm »

"I'm curious whether you know enough about the systems to create this 'metamagic'. It's all there for the curious to find, I know, but I haven't released every detail about totem magic just yet."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 137