Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185175 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???):IC Tick 17: Saint Stirk
« Reply #1875 on: August 11, 2015, 10:37:29 am »

"Anyone want to work together on that robot planet we were talking about? If not I am going to do something with the.... umm CEIR (the robots, stands for Continual Existence Insurance Robots. They also have nicknames, for example the one that landed on the living moon is known as Caw.).

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 17: Saint Stirk
« Reply #1876 on: August 11, 2015, 12:05:34 pm »

"Agali, what is it that you do?"

"Haven't we Talked before, Friend? I am the First Sentient Ritual Stone! Our original purpose was to provide Knowledge, Weapons, and Wealth to mortals in return for Corpses. We Sapient Stones can do each of those things on a Godly scale! My focus is Knowledge, specifically Secrets and Mysteries."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: August 11, 2015, 02:55:51 pm »

((thanks for the update stirk!! :))))
War again? Sigh...

Visit fredrick as Luthus, preferably when the sun is down:

Since when do you have a say to what I do within my territory? Did I miss something? You will not attack if you know what is good for you. Your choice was clearly driven purely by emotions and instincts rather than logic, as neither of us or your owner have anything to win from this petty waste of time you mortals call war. Now calm down and think of the consequences of your choices before you act.

((Thank you. Very much thank you.))

"Is nobody going to level the New Kingdom's palace to expose Utther?"

Good luck with that. Had you been listening you would already know than almost no one will act, unless they think it will result in short term gains.

Spoiler: prayers (click to show/hide)

Time for another public service announcement, heard from the entire nation:
Greetings everyone, Lithus here for another public service announcement:
First of all, I will clarify a few points regarding the corruption searches. I did not perform these because I suspected there was any of it, this was simply a routine search, which did not find any sing of it. If any of you find evidences of corruption, make sure to contact me by prayer to notify me.

I am glad to see that those of you who were lead to believe widespread corruption was present took the initiative to show their discontent publicly, even though I believe that a riots would need to be of a much bigger scale to force change in the right direction. The larger the protests, the more likely I am to notice it and attempt to fix the issue.
As a second point, I will talk about the new kingdom. It seems that their armies have vanished. I will however ask the military to continue patrolling the lands, as we do not know what kind of trick they might be up to. I recommend acting as if an attack was imminent.
Thirdly, it seems that everyone's favorite puppet is angry; fredrick is apparently planning an invasion. I have taken measures to defuse the situation, but I want everyone to be ready should he refuse to listen to reason.
Next issue is concerning the aurors. It seems that my gift had a unexpected side effect. Fear not, I will fix this issue quickly. I will also take the necessary measures to allow an easier distinction between criminals and non criminals. I do not want law abiding aurors to be unjustly discriminated against.
And finally, I wish do declare this day to be a holy day dedicated to the saint stirk for his great meta-efforts. This will be celebrated with fireworks at night, if you know how to make them. If not, they need gunpowder, and I think the clan rilem knows how to do it.

Prepare the military for a great tribe invasion. If war is indeed declared they are to push as far within great tribe territory as feasible.

People found guilty of moderate or severe crimes are to be permanently marked on the forehead to warn others of the threat they may pose. Multiple marks will exist, each denoting a different gravity of crime. If the crime is found to be done by accident or ignorance, the guilty will not receive a mark. Those who are found to make great efforts to repent are to be given a forgiving mark, denoting the fact that they have repented from their past crimes and are no longer dangerous. The amount of efforts needed for this forgiving mark is dependent of the gravity of the crime. The nation's citizens are to be informed that aurors without any mark are to be treated as the law abiding citizens that they are, and not as foreigners.

Use essence to return the changed aurors to their original condition, and use more to shift their urges from wealth and power to science and progress.

Address patronius:
I hope you are not the one behind this war, patronius...  You know how far I am willing to go when threatened.

"The other Sapient Ritual Stone."
"Yes, I rather gathered that.  But what is his? specialty, is more what I meant."
Appear to the most charismatic Auror and proclaim "Fear not mortal, for I mean no harm to you. I have seen your people and you are humble and possess the ability to resist the lust for power and wealth. Therefore you are most fitted for the task to explore and understand space. As this study brings forth all good in the races, I recommend that you join one of the existing clans."

Appear to all the clan shamans at the same time and proclaim: "The aurors are to be taken care of and treated as equals, none of them shall suffer under the hand of the space clan if it can be avoided."

Check for the total number of towers.

"AUGH TECHNOLOGICAL DISCREPANCY"
Well. Later, perhaps.
Also, since I am giving up on the subsisting-without-a-race idea...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I create 2E worth of Dgetagans, and hopefully create a city for them.

Might I suggest establishing them near the Aag desert and the nearby sapling forest? This will allow us to cooperate and trade with more ease, and allow me to give you military help, should it becomes necessary.

Appear to the most charismatic Auror and proclaim "Fear not mortal, for I mean no harm to you. I have seen your people and you are humble and possess the ability to resist the lust for power and wealth. Therefore you are most fitted for the task to explore and understand space. As this study brings forth all good in the races, I recommend that you join one of the existing clans."

Appear to all the clan shamans at the same time and proclaim: "The aurors are to be taken care of and treated as equals, none of them shall suffer under the hand of the space clan if it can be avoided."

You just described the exact opposite of an auror, unless you were referring to one within my lands.

"Anyone want to work together on that robot planet we were talking about? If not I am going to do something with the.... umm CEIR (the robots, stands for Continual Existence Insurance Robots. They also have nicknames, for example the one that landed on the living moon is known as Caw.).

Hmm... This is definitively something I wish to help, but I need to keep my resources for some other projects. I will help as soon as possible. In the meantime you are free to request my aspect's discount, especially when developing the technology needed for this project.

"Agali, what is it that you do?"

"Haven't we Talked before, Friend? I am the First Sentient Ritual Stone! Our original purpose was to provide Knowledge, Weapons, and Wealth to mortals in return for Corpses. We Sapient Stones can do each of those things on a Godly scale! My focus is Knowledge, specifically Secrets and Mysteries."

Secrets and mysteries you say? Would you happen to know any related to the new kingdom? That would be greatly helpful.

Listen to prayers.

((Sorry again for the novel-sized text :'())
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: August 11, 2015, 03:06:53 pm »

"Great! Do you have any requests for the world? Anything at all? Maybe it could have a Amish rebel faction? What type of core would you like it to have? What shape would you like it to be?
 For the core can I suggest magneticly confined plasma."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: August 11, 2015, 06:02:34 pm »

"Great! Do you have any requests for the world? Anything at all? Maybe it could have a Amish rebel faction? What type of core would you like it to have? What shape would you like it to be?

"Once again, what.  And to Li/uthus, certainly."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: August 11, 2015, 06:07:54 pm »

Secrets and mysteries you say? Would you happen to know any related to the new kingdom? That would be greatly helpful.

"Of course I do, Friend! I can't give away information like that for Free, it is simply against my design. After all, giving away everyone's Secrets is no way to make Friends! If you ask a question, I can give you the price it would cost for me to answer it. Privately, of course~. Closely guarded Secrets known to few people are valuable things..."

Agali then winks at no where in particular.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: August 11, 2015, 06:18:40 pm »

Spoiler: Secret action, GM only (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 04:20:42 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: August 11, 2015, 06:30:03 pm »

Having a faction whose purpose is to eliminate technology would be counterproductive. I wouldn't outright destroy it if one were to come into existence naturally, but there is no point in wasting our resources in the creation of one. For the core, how about a massive nuclear fusion reactor powered by what is essentially a miniature star? That could be used to power the entire world. For the construction of this, I would recommend the creation of a species specialized in construction of massive projects such as this one. It would probably take more time, but as far as I know this kind of creation tends to have a disproportionate price, so my solution should allow us to save quite a lot. As for shape and composition, a metal sphere should be fine, but I would like it to contain hundreds of layers, the deeper ones housing subterranean species and lighted by artificial light. There would be places where it is possible to move to another layer. These places could also serve as trade hubs.

I would also like to see both magic and tech developed in this world, each layer could also have it's own aesthetic.

"Of course I do, Friend! I can't give away information like that for Free, it is simply against my design. After all, giving away everyone's Secrets is no way to make Friends! If you ask a question, I can give you the price it would cost for me to answer it. Privately, of course~. Closely guarded Secrets known to few people are valuable things..."

Agali then winks at no where in particular.

Good, I will contact you should I need specific information.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: August 11, 2015, 06:32:27 pm »

I have it all lined out already, I just want people to be able to implement their ideas"
Invent a precise god detector while waiting for people to make suggestions.
[/color]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:04:20 pm by Hiddenleafguy »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: August 11, 2015, 06:58:45 pm »

"In the same vein, if a different level of practicality, some sort of massive surface solar power installations would be a good idea.  As for the speciation of layers, that is a very good idea, but if we can lay an enchantment on the planet to make all residents able to successfully cohabitate...Give me a moment, I need to draft more detailed plans."
You know I'm serious when I break out bullet points.
Requirements:
  • Self-sustaining
  • Automatic Maintenance
  • Not dependent upon magic, despite any utilization of.
  • Not dependent upon unattained technology levels, despite any utilization of.
  • Modular: Loss of any one section should not jeopardize other sections.
  • Habitable for all residents.
  • Even in a magic outage, all spaces should be traversable for all residents.
  • Reasonable access mechanism-will not suffer problems that require godly intervention to sort out, merely a suitable technician or repair 'bot.
  • Pantheon-neutral (yeah right, I'm sure that bit will be shot down.)
  • Will encourage technological and thaumatological development, not stifle it with god-tech or a god did it wizardry.
  • Will contain a knowledge base, to allow people to catch up to other people quickly, preferably with an access to the Great Library.  Although I understand if that's not going to happen.
  • Will adapt to growing technological and thaumatological growth.  I don't want to force people to live in grass houses after they've got cell phones.
  • Conveniently-located transport systems between and across levels.
  • Extensibility to accommodate new races.
  • Localized resources.  ((Somewhat in line with modularity.))
Aight, I have laid out the requirements.  Let's see if we can build this thing.

Also, consider pantheon bonuses invoked.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:11:06 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: August 11, 2015, 10:06:18 pm »

I have it all lined out already, I just want people to be able to implement their ideas"
Invent a precise god detector while waiting for people to make suggestions.
[/color]
((You may wish to fix your colors, and use essence for that.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: August 11, 2015, 11:19:02 pm »

"In the same vein, if a different level of practicality, some sort of massive surface solar power installations would be a good idea.  As for the speciation of layers, that is a very good idea, but if we can lay an enchantment on the planet to make all residents able to successfully cohabitate...Give me a moment, I need to draft more detailed plans."
You know I'm serious when I break out bullet points.
Requirements:
  • Self-sustaining
  • Automatic Maintenance
  • Not dependent upon magic, despite any utilization of.
  • Not dependent upon unattained technology levels, despite any utilization of.
  • Modular: Loss of any one section should not jeopardize other sections.
  • Habitable for all residents.
  • Even in a magic outage, all spaces should be traversable for all residents.
  • Reasonable access mechanism-will not suffer problems that require godly intervention to sort out, merely a suitable technician or repair 'bot.
  • Pantheon-neutral (yeah right, I'm sure that bit will be shot down.)
  • Will encourage technological and thaumatological development, not stifle it with god-tech or a god did it wizardry.
  • Will contain a knowledge base, to allow people to catch up to other people quickly, preferably with an access to the Great Library.  Although I understand if that's not going to happen.
  • Will adapt to growing technological and thaumatological growth.  I don't want to force people to live in grass houses after they've got cell phones.
  • Conveniently-located transport systems between and across levels.
  • Extensibility to accommodate new races.
  • Localized resources.  ((Somewhat in line with modularity.))
Aight, I have laid out the requirements.  Let's see if we can build this thing.

Also, consider pantheon bonuses invoked.

I agree with most of these points, with a few exceptions. I would not like to see magic taking a secondary role, both it and technology should be treated equally. It would also be interesting to see if we can make the entire structure be able to rely entirely on magic in case of a major power failure. I also believe that divine work should also be researched. We are a part of this world just like every other aspects worth being researched, not merely a superstition. As for the god neutrality, I am conflicted. On one hand, I would love to see everyone benefit from everything learned from this project, but on the other hand I believe that many gods do not deserve such a gift, and know that a few will use it for destructive purposes. I suppose I could be convinced to favor either side by a good enough argument. The only condition I would have if it ends up being god neutral would be the establishment of a private and exclusive layer for each individual god, with privacy granted to the owner.

As for the speciation of layers, I think you might have misunderstood me. I meant that each layer would be specialized towards a specific purpose. Layers containing a single species or a specific combination of those might also be interesting to add, if only to determine if any species happen to have a greater affinity with another one.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: August 12, 2015, 12:01:07 am »

"Yes, but magic has this tendency to do strange things.  Like breaking the portals.  So while I get it, well.  But do note that I do intend for any problems with anything to be easily fixed, or not necessary for continued habitability."
"I wouldn't suggest layer distinctions at all in that case, but something more like arcs of the sphere, in that case.  And I agree that some gods might merit a bar from direct influence, but their people shouldn't be barred for their creators."
"Hmh, designating arcs of space would also pose problems for extensibility..."
"I suppose the only real way is to allot a cubic footage.  Or meterage.  But essential systems should be one per single habitat unit.  Load would be spread across the system, but I'd like to avoid single points of failure anywhere."
"Though perhaps arcs will have a purpose in general allocation.  Keeping the people who shouldn't be next to eachother not next to eachother.  Until they get used to it."
"Can one really properly research divinity?"
"Yes, I suppose I could be pressured into including some space for each of us, haha.  I'll add that to the plans."
"But seriously, this could be a project that will truly engrave our names in history, even should we fade.  I think that almost all spheres will have things they could do.  We'd need to bind together the modules, we'll need a soul for the AI that will administer the building..."
"In short, I'm asking for Essence, and help."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:20:24 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: August 12, 2015, 05:32:14 am »

Mavnon spoke up. "If I may suggest a...ruling? These Ritualstones, while certainly of my make, seem to be oddly...sapient. I do not believe we should be making deals with them for the time being for reasons that should be obvious to all."

"The other Sapient Ritual Stone."
"Yes, I rather gathered that.  But what is his? specialty, is more what I meant."

"AUGH TECHNOLOGICAL DISCREPANCY"
Well. Later, perhaps.
Also, since I am giving up on the subsisting-without-a-race idea...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I create 2E worth of Dgetagans, and hopefully create a city for them.

"My dear, these Dgetagan seem quite similar to my Rilemi. While brother Lithus has already requested their placement within his sphere of influence, I would make a counteroffer. The recently created Free Marches are currently empty and would offer a good home for your people, although as my rivals are very willing to point out, it would benefit me. As such, I will sweeten the offer: Rilem will be obligated to aid your people in matters of technology."

Create a new species of giant insect called megatermes (singular: megaterme). Resembling but not identical to termites, these 3m long creatures have the singular purpose of survival and the expansion of the colony. While these workers will spend their whole lives foraging for food and expanding their colonies, the much larger Queens will spend their lives producing yet more workers. While large, these creatures have utterly no defense against predators besides attempting to hide. Queens of the species are only produced every 6 years. Once they have reached maturity, the new Queen will leave the colony with a quarter of the colony to begin a new colony. Colonies, even unrelated ones, do not fight each other. Create 10 Queens in the Grand March to begin with.

Designate the Grand March as a nature reserve. Rilem is to nurture the area with sufficient plant and animal life to sustain an ecosystem.

Fix the bloody obelisk. Only do this if I have enough essence.

Gift Herema the ability to bend plantlife to his will. He is to use this power to engage in an equality movement within his race. Only do this if I have enough essence.

Also offer Huon protection from the insanities of the gods if he is willing to become a High Church prophet.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:56:51 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: August 12, 2015, 09:10:27 am »

"I desire to aid in construction of the new planet, over the long term."

This tick, listen to the prayers of my followers.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 137