Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 137

Author Topic: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick ?:Who art thou?  (Read 185821 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/⊕∵↯):IC Tick 17: Saint Stirk
« Reply #1920 on: August 13, 2015, 11:23:20 am »

Use power to create three more Great Trees and another Great Reef.

"...This project seems...unnecessary...but if you will go through with it...I might recommend...patience...if you desire...I can assist in creating a seed for it...so that you might grow it...over the next...five to ten ticks...I believe...it would make it...far more affordable..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Litany of the Void: A God Game (24/???):IC Tick 17: Saint Stirk
« Reply #1921 on: August 13, 2015, 11:31:33 am »

"Well, we do have more gods helping then the main world had when it was made, so it may be rather cheap to begin with, I shall go and go on the other side of this "forth wall," which makes no sense, there is only empty space in between. But I shall head through the fake wall to ask, or perhaps I could ask someone else to, maybe one of those strange creatures with the puppets?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: August 13, 2015, 11:34:03 am »

"...when the world was made...we also had millions of years to work with..."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: August 13, 2015, 11:38:41 am »

"Yep, but now ticks are getting shorter, so the logical conclusion is that we! The gods are getting stronger! Thus we can do more in a shorter amount of time!"

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: August 13, 2015, 11:42:52 am »

"Well, we do have more gods helping then the main world had when it was made, so it may be rather cheap to begin with, I shall go and go on the other side of this "forth wall," which makes no sense, there is only empty space in between. But I shall head through the fake wall to ask, or perhaps I could ask someone else to, maybe one of those strange creatures with the puppets?"

Puppets? What puppets?

"Oh hey, reverse fourth wall breaking. Wait, is that really a thing?

Anyways, celestial bodies are always massively expensive, as I learned from trying to make a moon earlier. I wouldn't see this as us getting stronger, only that we are going faster to catch up with the mortals and their short existences."
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: August 13, 2015, 12:01:20 pm »

Stellarion begins working his miraculous way in outter space, where a star is waiting to be born.
Humming the ancient songs of the space-whales, he gathers them, each of them bringing fertility seeds with them.
Stellarion stacks many of the dumplings of fertility together and adds the forementioned seeds to the workspace for the soon to be born AI.

"Come young godling, begin creating."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:06:58 pm by Detoxicated »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: August 13, 2015, 12:09:34 pm »

Stellarion begins working his miraculous way in outter space, where a star is waiting to be born.
Humming the ancient songs of the space-whales, he gathers them, each of them bringing fertility seeds with them.
Stellarion stacks many of the dumplings of fertility together and adds the forementioned seeds to the workspace for the soon to be born AI.

"Come young godling, begin creating.

Darn, this is too soon, I just used my resources on a new species. To be clear we are making it one layer at a time, right? I would also suggest using a specialized race for future upgrades. I think I figured out a good model for that purpose, I'll show a prototype as soon as it's done.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: August 13, 2015, 12:14:04 pm »

"So I wait, but the fertility seeds are nicely in place to be used as we see fit."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: August 13, 2015, 01:00:33 pm »

"Plans updating, fertility seeds?...Ignoring Vashna successfully, check, increasing insanity filter, check...Back to work!"
I continue working.
"I think, instead of one general-purpose robot, the repair and/or construction robots should be specialized.  Saves the hassle of making all the things in one thing if nothing else."
"I keep saying modular, everybody, it means something.  It can definitely grow over time."
"Also, we are in need of a name.  Vashna has suggested Mechus, for some reason.  I don't have any clue what I'd want to call it, I just call it the Project right now.  Anyone else?"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:13:51 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: August 13, 2015, 01:13:53 pm »

"Plans updating, fertility seeds?...Ignoring Vashna successfully, check, increasing insanity filter, check...Back to work!"
I continue working.
"I think, instead of one general-purpose robot, the repair and/or construction robots should be specialized.  Saves the hassle of making all the things in one thing if nothing else."

hmm... My plan was to create a non sentient hive of robots that would be versatile enough to do pretty much anything, we'd take control of said hive until the AI is ready to take our place at this task. Just wait for the draft before you make your decision, I think you'll like it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: August 13, 2015, 01:23:15 pm »

"Mechus? Sounds like a good name for such a planet."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: August 13, 2015, 01:27:31 pm »

Puppets? What puppets?
Oh, these ones here. Watch:
* IcyTea31 speaks through a white-robed puppet:
"Hello! I am Aurosseu, the god who always breaks into our Great Big Overlords' precious OOC to annoy them, thinking I won't get brutally murdered if I piss them off too much! Dreams dreams dreams dreams! I drive other gods insane! Warble warble I can bypass the wall of fours warble! Switching between multiple personalities all the time! Dreams dreams dreams dreams!"

"Hey, that's not what I sound like! Go away from our Assembly, you interlopers!"

Pot calling a kettle an interloper.

"Quiet, you."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: August 13, 2015, 01:29:23 pm »

"I sense... a corruption... in reality..."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: August 13, 2015, 01:30:18 pm »

"Yep, and my plans involve the following: steampunk, magitech, far future sci-fi, self destruct button that the AI can cannot use, not far future sci-fi, modern technology, sins of a solar empire references, plasma core, AI, genral labyrinthen type roads, and robots, A LOT of robots.
That seem good for anyone?
Also, do we have enchanting? I can't recall."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: August 13, 2015, 01:44:01 pm »

"Yep, and my plans involve the following: steampunk, magitech, far future sci-fi, self destruct button that the AI can cannot use, not far future sci-fi, modern technology, sins of a solar empire references, plasma core, AI, genral labyrinthen type roads, and robots, A LOT of robots.
That seem good for anyone?
Also, do we have enchanting? I can't recall."

"No.  They do not sound good.  That is a list of methods, not a list of plans.  At the most, labyrinthine roads are a thing.  And they're NOT going to be implemented.  Point A to Point B is MUCH simpler to design thankyouverymuch."
In the background, one might see me crafting something to defend myself with, should this come to blows.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 137