Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 809986 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: Do You Know What Makes YOU S.P.E.C.I.A.L.?
« Reply #1905 on: September 23, 2015, 12:20:00 pm »

It will probably reduce the chance of getting ill effects from eating raw meat or something like that.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 23, 2015, 12:22:45 pm »

I want a more brutal Hardcore Mode. I was often thirsty, irradiated and addicted in New Vegas, but I was never hungry because at strength 1 you can literally carry a small grocery store's worth of food around with you and the wasteland is overflowing with edibles. A more palpable threat of starvation would make unpalatable foodstuff an occasional difficult dilemma to face.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: The Flesh of Your Fellow Man Can Provide...
« Reply #1907 on: September 23, 2015, 12:50:05 pm »

Deathclaws become more fun in NV if you have the invisible wall remover mod. Then they can be defeated throuh cleverness by finding a good place to snipe them from.

What's really annoying are FO3's albino radscori]pions.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 23, 2015, 12:58:05 pm »

I remember doing some messing about with mods in NV. Next thing I know, Sloan has been eradicated because the deathclaw alpha male paid the town a visit.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 23, 2015, 01:16:44 pm »

Fallout 3 and New Vegas did nothing but make me like them less and less since they are essentially moving walls that kill you if they touch you... something completely boring to fight and completely stupid if they manage to win against you because they flat out break the rules of the game without any logical explanation for how they are able to do so (at LEAST 1 and 2 extrapolated quite a bit)

If something kills you if it touches you, you find a way to kill it before it can touch you, or keep it from ever seeing you. I never had any trouble with the deathclaws in NV because I sniped them with my gauss rifle from long range while sneaking. I had to reload a few times when I missed their head and then missed my follow-up shots and they caught me, but that's only to be expected when you're not perfect. (I only vaguely remember the ones in FO3)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 23, 2015, 01:35:10 pm »

In FO3 you used the dartgun against the deathclaws to instantly cripple their legs and laugh in their faces as they ineffectively tried to limb towards you. Or you shot them from afar with your Gauss rifle until they died. That part didn't change between games.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 23, 2015, 02:16:49 pm »

It's not like ammo was scarce enough that you couldn't just climb up on a rock an plink down their health with a cheap rifle anyway. Sloan for example had tons of convenient things you could climb up on where the deathclaws couldn't reach you.
Love, scriver~

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 23, 2015, 03:26:47 pm »

Mutated cats will replace deathclaws, I shall see to it. They will be similar, but faster and smarter, with less bullet eating!

I kinda wish deathclaws were more like JP raptors. Fast, but still susceptible to death by bullets.
Imagine them with AI that uses ambushes, cover and flanking. Or one that makes it like the JP1 idea of raptor hunting- one in front, real attack from side.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 23, 2015, 03:31:17 pm »

Fallout 3 and New Vegas did nothing but make me like them less and less since they are essentially moving walls that kill you if they touch you... something completely boring to fight and completely stupid if they manage to win against you because they flat out break the rules of the game without any logical explanation for how they are able to do so (at LEAST 1 and 2 extrapolated quite a bit)

If something kills you if it touches you, you find a way to kill it before it can touch you, or keep it from ever seeing you. I never had any trouble with the deathclaws in NV because I sniped them with my gauss rifle from long range while sneaking. I had to reload a few times when I missed their head and then missed my follow-up shots and they caught me, but that's only to be expected when you're not perfect. (I only vaguely remember the ones in FO3)

My issue with them isn't that they are hard, heck there are tougher enemies then the deathclaws, or that there aren't ways to cheap them out.

So much that they aren't fun and break the rules clearly established by the game.

It is why the cave of deathclaws was pretty much where I knew the DLC was not going to be good...

pretty much it is that I never fought a Deathclaw and went "Phew, now that was awesome!". Though in all fairness New Vegas only put deathclaws in areas with a LOT of deathclaws... Having a single deathclaw as the sort of "boss" of an entire region would be fine.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:33:55 pm by Neonivek »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 23, 2015, 03:33:42 pm »

How do deathclaws break the rules of the game? They are just beefy and fast.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 23, 2015, 03:34:22 pm »

One hit kills regardless of your armor.

Something even Behemoths struggled to do. (it is kind of weird given that Deathclaws aren't that big... you would think something with claws of adamanium would get a little more mention)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:38:03 pm by Neonivek »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 23, 2015, 03:39:31 pm »

...no?

Ordinary and blind deathclaws in NV do 125 damage a hit
Alpha male does 300
Mother does 275
Legendary does 250
Young and baby deathclaws do 40
Lonsome road deathclaws start at 125, and at player levels 30, 40, 50, do 187, 280, 350

None of it is insta-death.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 23, 2015, 03:40:44 pm »

Not the case. Characters can sustain deathclaw hits once you get endgame armour and have at least average endurance. I like to play melee characters, so I can say that deathclaws are certainly survivable. Not easy to, mind you, but it can happen. I've even survived tunneler hits in Lonesome Road, and those things are supposedly tougher than the deatclaws (they are even introduced in an area with a dead deathclaw in a cowering position).

Ninja'd by Giglamesh with actual numbers, rather than anecdotal evidence.

EDIT: Decided to check numbers for the tunnelers. The average one deals 25 damage per hit, though at a fast rate and in large numbers (and in enclosed areas). So I'd say that it depends on the situtation, though deathclaws are more dangerous on an individual level.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 03:46:09 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 23, 2015, 03:46:16 pm »

Woah, the tunneler thing seems weird...  They didn't give me much trouble, but the pair of deathclaws in that same DLC killed me once or twice.  Maybe the tunnelers just didn't get any hits off, and were far more fragile.  I was playing a glass nerd character with good damage, that run.

I sorta like the challenge deathclaws provide, even though I also hate them for being absurdly tough and deadly.  I honestly can't remember whether I killed any with my 10END punchy character, I kinda think I did once...

The queen deathclaw of the quarry was a very memorable moment.  I didn't actually die, but it got close enough to be very exciting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 04:01:07 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 23, 2015, 03:57:56 pm »

The tunnelers' strength is in numbers.

Quote from: Ulysses
Deathclaw might get some, but the rest will swarm it, tear it apart, like Denver hounds.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 462