Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 807396 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #690 on: June 17, 2015, 12:33:19 am »

And yet instead of showing the important stuff they just threw fluff on the screen and people still ate it up.

If you have to get hyped couldn't you get hyped over features with substance rather then just "Ohh my! You can chose preset alterations that have stats, something that was in New Vegas except now it was a graphical interface!" and "Ohh my! now you can build ugly houses!"

Have we learned nothing from Spore?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 17, 2015, 12:37:11 am »

And yet instead of showing the important stuff they just threw fluff on the screen and people still ate it up.

If you have to get hyped couldn't you get hyped over features with substance rather then just "Ohh my! You can chose preset alterations that have stats, something that was in New Vegas except now it was a graphical interface!" and "Ohh my! now you can build ugly houses!"

Have we learned nothing from Spore?
Yes, it was that, while flawed, Spore was cool.
I liked Spore.
Also, what? Preset alterations? You mean the weapon upgrades, right? Because I wasn't aware you could turn a laser pistol into an automatic laser shotgun in New Vegas.
Seriously tell me if there is a mod that lets me do that in New Vegas I need that.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 17, 2015, 12:39:04 am »

...They had more than just that on screen. Like proper combat, sprinting, etc.

Also, the weapon mods are pretty clearly proper modifications, a la Borderlands or something (meaning Borderlands' internal modular weapon creation system as opposed to literal weapon mods).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 17, 2015, 12:39:20 am »

Because I wasn't aware you could turn a laser pistol into an automatic laser shotgun in New Vegas.

Yeah there were some pretty impressive upgrades for some weapons. Some which radically changed how the weapon was to be used. Also they were switching the weapons to some in the same category... Those weren't all the same weapon.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 17, 2015, 12:40:26 am »

No, but it looks like "category of weapon" is synonymous with "weapon" now and a laser pistol is just a laser rifle with different parts.

That's not even remotely a bad thing and definitely does not mean "preset alterations".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 17, 2015, 12:43:02 am »

No, but it looks like "category of weapon" is synonymous with "weapon" now and a laser pistol is just a laser rifle with different parts.

That's not even remotely a bad thing and definitely does not mean "preset alterations".

Naw, I personally think the Laser Rifle and the Laser Pistol were two ENTIRELY different weapons... They were just switching to them so you could see all their modifications.

Especially since altering them to be entirely different weapons wasn't demonstrated, nor was there a section that would explain where that came from.

I think they just switched from Laser Pistol to Laser Rifle.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 17, 2015, 12:45:06 am »

I do hope you can have multiple of the same weapon, though, so you can have a laser sniper rifle and a pistol las-scatter.
Speaking of, I'm checking out the weapon mods Here and the biggest 'radical change' for any weapon with a single weapon mod is the laser beam splitter.
Alan help.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 17, 2015, 12:52:40 am »

Naw, I personally think the Laser Rifle and the Laser Pistol were two ENTIRELY different weapons... They were just switching to them so you could see all their modifications.

Especially since altering them to be entirely different weapons wasn't demonstrated, nor was there a section that would explain where that came from.

I think they just switched from Laser Pistol to Laser Rifle.

Nope, switching from a grip to a stock switched the laser pistol to a laser rifle:

https://youtu.be/SH8HGslrINU?t=217

Also, Todd Howard is explicitly saying you're turning it into a Not Laser Pistol.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 17, 2015, 01:33:53 am »

I'm going to spend approximately seven hours until I have the perfect combination of stupid name and effective weapon.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 17, 2015, 01:39:39 am »

I'm going to spend approximately seven hours until I have the perfect combination of stupid name and effective weapon.
Actually, that makes me think, are there going to be any Unique weapons now?
Alan help.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 17, 2015, 01:46:26 am »

Would be interesting if unique weapons yielded unique components. That way you could break apart the cool but not useful and make something more tailored.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 17, 2015, 01:54:13 am »

Actually, that makes me think, are there going to be any Unique weapons now?

I don't see why not... A unique weapon could easily be like it was in the last 2 games, a standard weapon only with the addition of a unique twist. ... Only maybe now you can take that unique part and stick it on other guns.

And eventually end up with a gun that's all unique one of a kind parts.

That would be cool.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 17, 2015, 01:57:13 am »

Imagine the same thing, but with armour.
You could travel the land murdering people, take the unique components of their armour, stitch them onto your own outfit and wear them as trophies.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 17, 2015, 07:02:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Some fellow on 4chan found some interesting things about Fallout 4. I didn't see anyone talking about it so here, have a giant image full of >implications
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 17, 2015, 07:18:07 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure where you're getting "fluff" from, Neo. Most of the gameplay trailer was showcasing pretty serious upgrades to existing mechanics and outright new features. That's not to say some things weren't worrisome (what's happening to skills is the big question for me), but they were few and far between.

...They had more than just that on screen. Like proper combat, sprinting, etc.

Also, the weapon mods are pretty clearly proper modifications, a la Borderlands or something (meaning Borderlands' internal modular weapon creation system as opposed to literal weapon mods).

I was trying to figure out what it was reminding me of, and you picked it right out. That's exactly what it looks to be, save as a weapon creation system that's player-controlled instead of randomized.

I'm also hoping that they've managed to work out underbarrel attachments. Flashlights, masterkey shotguns, UBLs, flamethrowers, Rippers, the works.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 07:22:46 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 462