Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 462

Author Topic: Fallout 4: It Just Works  (Read 811218 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 4: HYPE HAS CHANGED
« Reply #720 on: June 18, 2015, 03:01:28 am »

Did the western or eastern Brotherhood ever make reference to Arthurian legend? I thought that was just the midwestern chapter.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 18, 2015, 03:02:07 am »

Besides...Didn't the DC/Easternmost Chapter crash their blimps?

And they can't make more because?
Because, this is a video game! We need protagonists to do anything important! :P
In all seriousness, they need a lot of shit to make a working airship.

Well this would apply if this was anywhere else in the world that still scavenged their weapons and armor (and you still do in this game because... well... fictional worlds advance REALLY slowly)

But this place should have some factories, power plants, and all that.
To be fair, the game is centred 200 years after the nukes hit, though I doubt mining operations would have been set up, even given two centuries.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 18, 2015, 03:05:20 am »

Well, there appeared to be a stone quarry (not sure if it's being used) in the E3 demo, and The Pitt was apparently pretty productive, so if there's anything else like that out there, there's no reason production couldn't have sputtered back a bit.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 18, 2015, 03:08:06 am »

Takes a lot more than a quarry to build an airship.

Also, random thought: Based off of what we've seen, Power Armor might actually be powered. As in, you need to supply it. Fission batteries, most likely.
This excites me.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 18, 2015, 03:09:52 am »

Takes a lot more than a quarry to build an airship.

Also, random thought: Based off of what we've seen, Power Armor might actually be powered. As in, you need to supply it. Fission batteries, most likely.
This excites me.
But it's one of the things.
Though that is a good point, if they were gonna have something like that it would have needed a lot of helium, or something like that, at least.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 18, 2015, 03:11:23 am »

I can't get over how, in that second image, the BoS trooper farthest to the right is holding his hand up to the side of his helmet as if his radio wasn't integrated internally.

Besides...Didn't the DC/Easternmost Chapter crash their blimps?

And they can't make more because?

Because the Capital Wasteland is overflowing with large-scale mechanical parts, sheet metal fabrication shops, and massive pressurized helium storage units, right? Oh, oh, maybe they build new blimps out of concrete rubble and dead Supermutants and filled them with filtered... seawater. ::)

Besides, people aren't remembering something. The D.C. chapter was the way it was almost solely because of Elder Lyons being a softhearted peacenik. It's been long enough since FO3 for him to be dead and buried. I'm betting that Sarah Lyons either had something happen which made her fall far from the tree, or else died, and the chapter reconciled with the Outcasts. That is, if it is solely the east coast BoS. I'd take a guess that the Midwest might have swept through and cleaned house with D.C.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 18, 2015, 03:14:25 am »

It's been long enough since FO3 for him to be dead and buried.

...do we actually know when it takes place

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 18, 2015, 03:16:19 am »

Well, there appeared to be a stone quarry (not sure if it's being used) in the E3 demo, and The Pitt was apparently pretty productive, so if there's anything else like that out there, there's no reason production couldn't have sputtered back a bit.
In New Vegas you had the Gun Runners with their factory, and the NCR had a stone quarry that was being operated.  Additionally, they had the resources to spare to dedicate people to research efforts.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 18, 2015, 03:17:22 am »

I was talking more about the power armor, but it applies somewhat to the airships as well.

What do you even need to make a blimp? I guess a bunch of cloth or something, plus material for the gondola. And the gas, of course. I guess there's a bunch of helium under the Great Plains, but I'm not sure how they would've tapped it and isolated it from the rest of the gas.

Also, in regards to Sarah, it is implied that her sensibilities are a bit more west coast than her dad's. Remember how she was all dismissive of you when she first showed up near GNR? I guess the events of FO3 might have warmed her up a bit to outsiders, but she generally seemed more aloof.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 18, 2015, 03:19:03 am »

200 years. Same as Fallout 3 or pretty close to it.

Pretty sure I remember the video says the beginning takes place pre-war, then you come out 200 years later.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 18, 2015, 03:19:59 am »

Well, 200 years after the war. So 2277. Exactly the same year as FO3. NV takes place in 2281.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 18, 2015, 03:20:13 am »

2277, same year as FO3 isn't it?

Unless Todd 'Sweet Lies' Howard and Codsworth weren't being literal when they said 200 years
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 18, 2015, 03:21:46 am »

Well, Owyn (the elder) is 75 in 2277. Even a year later and he could be dead, what with him being incredibly old for someone living in a post-nuclear wasteland.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 18, 2015, 03:22:32 am »

We know that FO3 began exactly 200 years after the bombs fell. Elder Lyons was already old as fuck and preparing to die at that point. I don't think we've heard anything definitive about FO4 beyond "roughly 200 years later", but I'd guess that it was enough difference (which could mean as few as 1-2 years, honestly) for Lyons to be out of the picture. That's if you want to go with the interpretation that the D.C. BoS are involved, rather than just the Midwesterners.

Also, because I really don't see Lyons deciding to start a crusade against the Institute when the Wasteland around D.C. is still fucked up and full of assorted minor assholes. The fact that the BoS in FO4 have Vertibirds (which as far as we know only the D.C. BoS have), the blimps (which the D.C. BoS don't have), and motivation enough to apparently attack the Institute is what says to me that it's a group of BoS which includes the D.C. chapter (but is not limited to them), and that Lyons is either dead or sidelined.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 18, 2015, 03:22:52 am »

T-60b appears to be a modified T-45, X-01 mk2 is the Enclave power armour from Fallout 2.

In New Vegas you had the Gun Runners with their factory, and the NCR had a stone quarry that was being operated.  Additionally, they had the resources to spare to dedicate people to research efforts.
The NCR territories were mentioned to have a working railway system in FNV.

edit: shit, people, you type too fast

edit #2:
What do you even need to make a blimp? I guess a bunch of cloth or something, plus material for the gondola. And the gas, of course. I guess there's a bunch of helium under the Great Plains, but I'm not sure how they would've tapped it and isolated it from the rest of the gas.
I think the airship is powered by hydrogen, not helium, like the Zeppelins of the early 20th century.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:37:45 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 462