Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334421 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #630 on: August 19, 2015, 07:44:44 pm »

"Alright, I'm back, and I picked up a few stragglers. Hope you don't mind."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 19, 2015, 07:46:41 pm »

"Huh. More people. Was there a way down?"

Waitlist warding-off action: stand there while talking

"Alright, I'm back, and I picked up a few stragglers. Hope you don't mind."
"Eh, I don't really care. Was there a way down? Apparently the other way under the clouds wasn't a place all too survivable."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 19, 2015, 08:16:39 pm »

Stand around while listening.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 19, 2015, 08:26:00 pm »

"Yeah, there's a way down. It's not going to be fun for either you or Tarmac, considering you're down one arm and he's pretty, well, topheavy. But if it's our only option, it'll do."

Talkity talk

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 20, 2015, 12:56:25 am »

John opens his eyes as he hears hustle of several creatures heading up. That's not just Hyenakles. Someone is with him, too. And is that flapping of bird's wings? He comes out of the car, seeing that Xankarvo and Tarmac are standing by and ready to go. He heads up to Hyenakles and his new acquaintances.

- So who's that with you? I see you have two companions.

He looks at the dressed mannequin, than at the bearded vulture. He is slightly more interested in the avian fellow.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 20, 2015, 03:02:09 am »

"Mr. Bird at your service, fine individuals," the vulture introduces himself, taking a bow, his red-and-yellow eyes possessing an enterprising look. "I and the other fellow have been staying here, largely on account of few other options, for quite some time, and your friend managed to intrigue us with tales of some sort of quest that you are undertaking."

He looks at the jeep.

"I also notice that you seem to have a motor vehicle in your possession - quite fascinating really. Haven't seen one of those in... however long it's been, actually."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 20, 2015, 03:31:41 am »

Xankarvo blinks in realization.

"Oh, I never told you what exactly we were doing, did I, Hyenakles? Might as well now that all of us are here.

We - and by we I mean me, the pac-man, an obscenely green and purple gorilla, and a musclebound fellow, made a pledge one night in a shitty motel by the Hellway. A pledge to find something other than one endless hell or heaven or another. The point of it all - the first Heaven, and therefore the first God. I don't know about the lot of you, but I intend to consume him, her, or it, and absorb its powers. Then I can finally resume my experiments!

But I expect if any of you have goals of your own we'll find them as well at some point, given that we're essentially taking a giant road trip across the afterlife. Oh that reminds me, someone grab the map.

So, what's in the direction you lot just came from? The other way is inhabited by flying rock eyes and giants and such. Far too hazardous and non-flammable for me."
Sig! Onol

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 20, 2015, 04:01:00 am »

"Bark Bark Bark Bark" *nod at jeep nod at road* "Bark"

Move toward the jeep and attempt communication of friendly intent and desire to join
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 20, 2015, 04:02:58 am »

"...And there's evidently a penguin with the voice of a dog or bear or somesuch. Is it sentient?"
Sig! Onol

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 20, 2015, 04:18:15 am »

"Growl Bark"*Nod Nod Nod*
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 20, 2015, 04:22:51 am »

"...alright then, I guess we'll just have to fix that speaking problem provided we decide to take you with us."

With that, Xankarvo turns his attention back to the others who could tell him about what the other direction holds.
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 20, 2015, 05:12:44 am »

"Mr. Bird at your service, fine individuals," the vulture introduces himself, taking a bow, his red-and-yellow eyes possessing an enterprising look. "I and the other fellow have been staying here, largely on account of few other options, for quite some time, and your friend managed to intrigue us with tales of some sort of quest that you are undertaking."
He looks at the jeep.
"I also notice that you seem to have a motor vehicle in your possession - quite fascinating really. Haven't seen one of those in... however long it's been, actually."

- Nice to meet ya, I'm John. And this vehicle ain't going nowhere. We came up here in it, but it looks like we are going on foot from here, there is no road for it ahead of us, - he sighs - that was one good jeep.

Now, I believe Hyenakles here has mentioned there was some source of water down that road, and those other canine fellas who have a sort of an encampment there. Encampments typically have more than one road leading to them, so what I suggest now, is we go down there, get some water, the go right across their territory with our best poker faces on, and journey on.

Get my bag o'stuff, toss the map from glovebox into it too. Put that modified jerry can behind my back.

((I'll just assume that Hyenakles told us in a few sentences everything he has seen))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 20, 2015, 06:39:47 am »

Flamengo does a little spin, and then points at John.

"They call me Flamengo John, baby! It's very nice to meet you, mister hercules! I can already see that we're going to have lots of fun on this trip!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 20, 2015, 06:59:41 am »

- Nice to meet ya, I'm John. And this vehicle ain't going nowhere. We came up here in it, but it looks like we are going on foot from here, there is no road for it ahead of us, - he sighs - that was one good jeep.

"A very good observation - the natives here use boats instead. They are very prized for their utility, and they do not part with them easily," Mr. Bird explains. "Not that I really need boats to move around, but I thought it inadvisable to fly off anywhere in particular until I had some equally mobile friends, for reasons I am sure you can understand."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 20, 2015, 08:18:53 am »

"They call me Flamengo John, baby! It's very nice to meet you, mister hercules! I can already see that we're going to have lots of fun on this trip!"

- Not that I have something against Hercules, but let us establish it like this: people want to call you, they call Flamengo, and I countinue to be just John. Not lucky enough for a surname, - he grins

"A very good observation - the natives here use boats instead. They are very prized for their utility, and they do not part with them easily," Mr. Bird explains. "Not that I really need boats to move around, but I thought it inadvisable to fly off anywhere in particular until I had some equally mobile friends, for reasons I am sure you can understand."

- Yes, I see. Now you say they use boats and do not part with them easily. Maybe you know something about what goes as a value among them as well? Food? Gold? Fuel?
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 241