Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334327 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #705 on: August 22, 2015, 12:00:16 pm »

((Yes, but you're at 11 now. If you want the full waitlist, Comrade posted it here.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 22, 2015, 12:03:34 pm »

Action to deter waitlisters from doing things while I'm without internet due to things: stand around and speculate about ways Tarmac could get down. Maybe leveraging himself down the bars with his mouth?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 22, 2015, 12:56:32 pm »

John stands up, his face reading "determined" this time.

- Yes. Let us try what Hyenakles says. I see no way around it whatsoever. Mr. Bird, could you make us that favor?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 22, 2015, 01:42:56 pm »

Waitlister action: Birdman should airlift fatman to the bottom. Be sure to show off some and do aerial stunts.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #709 on: August 22, 2015, 02:24:47 pm »

Waitlister action: Birdman should airlift fatman to the bottom. Be sure to show off some and do aerial stunts.

Lets see if this plan works.

[4]

The bird and the ball descend at a relatively well controlled pace but about 20 feet from the bottom an updraft catches them and sends then sideways into the cliff wall. Birdman loses hold and Tarmac goes tumbling into the water.

We'll assume the rest of you make it down the stairs without issue. Just because if I rolled for this for all of you, I feel we'd have an unnaturally high die off rate for this one thing.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 22, 2015, 02:28:21 pm »

Bird and Pacman: Drown.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 22, 2015, 02:43:30 pm »

Bird and Pacman: Drown.
((But that Mr. Bird was a pretty chill dude so far! And he hadn't actually fallen into the water, he just dropped Tarmac.))

Oh for fuck's sake, I'm not going to do a thing about him anymore.

- He'll make it to the shore. Hopefully. Hyenakles, lead the way to the canine people. Mr. Bird, thank you for your effort; I'll try to make it up to you, because Tarmac will probably won't appreciate the favour you made after rough landing.

Journey on.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 22, 2015, 03:05:39 pm »

Hyenakles, lead the way to the canine people.

Hyenakles leads the way to the canine people.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #713 on: August 22, 2015, 03:11:27 pm »

Hyenakles, lead the way to the canine people.

Hyenakles leads the way to the canine people.

The Lupine creatures are standing in exactly the same  spot as when you and your group of newly acquired friends left. They barely react to your return; they lift their heads and focus their one big black eye on you, but they don't wave or speak or even walk towards you. When you walk up to them they continue to stare, but still don't react otherwise. They have an unnerving habit of not blinking.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 22, 2015, 03:23:30 pm »

- On a second thought, let's replenish our water supply before we move along - fill empty vessels, that is. Um, penguin fella? Could you fetch us some fish, probably? I'll look around and get back down to you people.

Look around and see if there is a road we can follow. Ignore non-responsive lupine fellas.
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 22, 2015, 04:16:23 pm »

"Do they speak, to your knowledge, Mr. Bird?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 22, 2015, 04:35:55 pm »

Fish? Euchh. I wish we could just eat the zebra bird.

"I'll be back in a moment."

Survey the surrounding area for potentially edible creatures.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 22, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »

"Close enough," says Mr. Bird, flying off to join the others.

"I'm fairly sure they have a language, good sir. I have spent much time attempting to decipher it, in fact. Oh, if only I had Champollion's good fortune and talent, but alas! We cannot all be so prodigiously gifted!"

Mr. Bird approaches the natives and introduces these new people in terms they would understand, going by a short list of vague prejudices based on appearance and the cut of their respective jibs.

EDIT: ((By the way, do note that Mr. Bird weighs about 6 kilograms like an ordinary bearded vulture, 2.5 meter wingspan notwithstanding. So he shouldn't be able to lift much of anything that's heavier than your average garden variety tortoise or a particularly large bone. Him lifting Tarmac is physically impossible unless he somehow weighs less than, say, a kilogram.))
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 05:29:15 pm by Harry Baldman »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 22, 2015, 05:15:32 pm »

((So am I dead? I didn't say anything saying I died.))

Get out of the water. Remove bag from mouth if it is weighing me down. Or drop that spike if I really have to. Or stab the spike into the shore to use as leverage to get out. Or maybe float downstream if the village is that way. Or use the spike or various needles to defend myself if attacked.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #719 on: August 22, 2015, 06:49:58 pm »

- On a second thought, let's replenish our water supply before we move along - fill empty vessels, that is. Um, penguin fella? Could you fetch us some fish, probably? I'll look around and get back down to you people.

Look around and see if there is a road we can follow. Ignore non-responsive lupine fellas.
"Close enough," says Mr. Bird, flying off to join the others.

"I'm fairly sure they have a language, good sir. I have spent much time attempting to decipher it, in fact. Oh, if only I had Champollion's good fortune and talent, but alas! We cannot all be so prodigiously gifted!"

Mr. Bird approaches the natives and introduces these new people in terms they would understand, going by a short list of vague prejudices based on appearance and the cut of their respective jibs.
You speak to the two lupine fellows, explaining about the new people as best you can in a broken version of their language. They stare,  look at one another, and then carefully walk over to John. They speak to him in their throaty, growling language, which you can only weakly imitate. Your physiology differs too greatly to speak it as they do. That hyena fellow might be able to though.

"They're asking you about your gun!" You shout over toward John, who seems to be ignoring the entire conversation.

The stone cut path here continues on into the cliff-side village itself and seems to head straight through, deeper into the canyon. You can see several small ships, something like oversized, but stubby kayaks, moored on the water. They appear to be made of wood but are polished smooth and very dark, almost the color of volcanic sand. Oddly, despite what looks like a fairly prevalent amount of fish, there are no visible nets on the boats. Hm

The cliff path heads off back the way you came in the car originally, back towards the Steppe, while the water could, theoretically, if it crisscrossed these mountains like it seems to, lead anywhere.

Fish? Euchh. I wish we could just eat the zebra bird.

"I'll be back in a moment."

Survey the surrounding area for potentially edible creatures.

There are many fish like creatures in the water. You can see them in there, silvery creatures, almost losange shaped with several fins along both sides but  no tail. They dip and dart erratically through the dark water. Beyond those things, there many plants growing here along the water's edge, mostly deep green but a few very dark reds and even a scattered lavender or pastel. Berries and small fruit are growing on many of them, and it appears as though they have been specifically planted and raised, as there are large patches of specific plants with very little cross over between them.

((So am I dead? I didn't say anything saying I died.))

Get out of the water. Remove bag from mouth if it is weighing me down. Or drop that spike if I really have to. Or stab the spike into the shore to use as leverage to get out. Or maybe float downstream if the village is that way. Or use the spike or various needles to defend myself if attacked.
Not yet.

Lets roll.

[5]

You bob back up to the surface and scramble hastily up onto the stone pathway. You spit your bag, and about a gallon of water, out and catch your breath.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 241