Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335951 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Tourist Trap
« Reply #735 on: August 23, 2015, 02:07:36 pm »

If the penguin returns:
Hyenakles strides past the zebra-bird, giving it a pat on the head and popping a red berry in its mouth. "Good bird."

Otherwise:
Hyenakles waves to Tarmac, and offers him some red berries. "Hey, glad you made it! You hungry?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 23, 2015, 02:10:16 pm »

Observe what the lupines do/say about the gun.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 23, 2015, 02:10:50 pm »

"In the process of being forgotten, eh? Well, I'm not gonna let that happen to you ... plant. I'll think of an official species name later. Wherever Xankarvo goes, you go."

Xankarvo has adopted Forgotten Plant!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 23, 2015, 03:48:26 pm »

Look for interesting stuff.

((That's... vague. But keeps you out of "non-responsive" list, eh?))
((That's the point, since this thing always seems to update while I'm at work. :p))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #739 on: August 23, 2015, 11:03:09 pm »

Drop the magazine out of the gun, check the the chamber, and pass the empty gun. Keep magazine.

- I'm not sure I should pass a loaded gun to strangers. I hope they understand, - John says to Mr. Bird, looking on lupine creatures.
You carefully empty the gun of all shells and extend it, handle first, towards the nearest Lupine fellow. He takes it from you; you notice that he doesn't have a humanoid hand, it's more like a paw with extended fingers. He examines it carefully before carefully handing it back and saying something.
"Yes, quite. They might know what your gun is, my fine friend. Maybe they have one that's just like it! Or at least similar, yes?"

Default to interpreting as needed.

"He says something about 'powered by blood' and I can't really piece together the rest. I think they're saying that the gun either belonged to or is somehow related to a 'great conquering emperor.' Or something like that. I think I heard the word for son, but conjugated strangely. In any case they seem to be saying you should be careful with it and who you show it to."

If the penguin returns:
Hyenakles strides past the zebra-bird, giving it a pat on the head and popping a red berry in its mouth. "Good bird."

Otherwise:
Hyenakles waves to Tarmac, and offers him some red berries. "Hey, glad you made it! You hungry?"

You offer some berries to tarmac. Considering the size of his mouth it's kind of like offering raisins to a whale. 

Observe what the lupines do/say about the gun.
They seem very interested by the grip, but they're careful only to touch it very lightly. They are regarding it as some sort of curiosity more then something worthy of awe.

"In the process of being forgotten, eh? Well, I'm not gonna let that happen to you ... plant. I'll think of an official species name later. Wherever Xankarvo goes, you go."

Xankarvo has adopted Forgotten Plant!

Ah, but what will you name it?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 23, 2015, 11:47:38 pm »

Examine the berries. Do any of them look like cherries or white pellets? Take a few from Hyenakles, but don't eat them.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: August 24, 2015, 12:35:51 am »

I shall name it Xlantanos!

For ease of access, it's nickname shall be Xant, or Xant the Plant.

To the hyena people:

"What are you and how long have your people lived here? Also, do you have any capability to fix my hand or provide a useable prosthetic?"
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 03:56:00 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 24, 2015, 01:24:25 am »

Accept the gun and load it back, carefully.