Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335921 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1035 on: September 25, 2015, 12:37:56 pm »

Okay. So.

John drinks some gas, then shuts the barrel and starts the lengthy process of careful moving of the barrel to the jeep. He fuels the thing, fills the jerry can and the proceeds to ramble:

- Okay now, Hyenakles, Mr. Bird, would you care for a ride to canine people? And yeah, grab a bow and a dozen of spears and about four swords on you way down - they might be interested in those even if they don't fancy our jeep. I'll tell you my thoughts on this deal while we drive, and you tell me what you want out of it. Now then those remaining here, be vigilant. You got plenty of ways to protect yourselves.
Some of you probably want to eat that meat Hyenakles just cooked before we depart though. Absolutely do that, smells tasty.

Lets consider that all done.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: September 25, 2015, 01:47:26 pm »

Lets consider that all done.
((Looks like we'll chat just a little more before moving on))

"Hey everyone! Stop what you're doing for a second and come here, I just figured out something really important for the future."

John climbs back atop the beast and throws the helmet back to the pile of clothes he got it from before approaching Xankarvo.

- So what's your thing?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 01:51:57 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: September 25, 2015, 02:06:15 pm »

Once everyone gets in front of him, Xankarvo holds out the plant.

"Remember that translucent plant I picked up on the side of the road? Look at it now."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: September 25, 2015, 02:12:52 pm »

"I say one of you lads ought to try a leaf of it. I think it ought to have very interesting effects!"

"As for rides, sure, why not? Especially atop this marvelous beastie."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: September 25, 2015, 02:16:42 pm »

"Remember that translucent plant I picked up on the side of the road? Look at it now."

- Huh. Impressive. Those lupine fellows said it was being forgotten, and you have put some thought into it, huh? It changed a little, the form of its leaves or something, I haven't figured it out. Do you have impact on it?

Witness the plant! Maybe it can grow some satchels filled with flammable fluid every so often which could serve as a self-defence weapon for it (something reaches for the plant - plant fires up a satchel and scares the beast away) or as nitro fuel for me?
Also, from now on every so often remember how Xan's arm is regrowing itself into something capable of flamethrowing somehow.

"As for rides, sure, why not? Especially atop this marvelous beastie."

- Let's give a jeep some last miles to ride. Besides, they could freak out about the beast and ruin the trading mood. Then again, we could smash them completely with it and pillage the remains... No. Nonono, that's the aura of the dead soldiers speaking, we're not doing that.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 02:37:17 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 25, 2015, 02:22:10 pm »

"It's a test case for something much bigger than that.
Think of it this way. If something can be forgotten, and as I proved, remembered, then it can be altered if it's remembered as something different than it actually is. That's why the leaves look different, and I suspect the vulture here made it a narcotic.

The point is, if it can apply to a plant, why not to us?"

"Hear me out. Next people we run into we have to impress as much as possible. Spread tales of our greatness and such. Get them thinking we're mighty. If my line of thought is right, then we'll actually become what they think we are. After all, if one person thinking this plant is something or other makes it that way, then many people thinking I'm regrowing the bones in my arm should actually make me regrow them."

"See what I mean? We should at least try it, having a legend about yourself is always useful even if it doesn't do anything."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: September 25, 2015, 02:36:08 pm »

- ... and just like that the idea about wrecking the lupine got a new shiny look to it. I see, Xankarvo.
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 25, 2015, 03:18:48 pm »

Hyenakles approaches, rather proud of himself.

"Meat's done. What's that about squashing the lupines?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 25, 2015, 03:37:10 pm »

"Meat's done. What's that about squashing the lupines?"

- Well the idea goes, in light of Xankarvo's theory, which I can't really know if works that way: we get out new fella here - John stomps the floor of the tower on the back of the Warbeast a few times as he speaks - and wreck and pillage the lupine, get supplies aggressively, and they witness our might and spread the word, and thus we start becoming what we are believed to be. We shape ourselves.
Then again, I would actually want to leave some other impression and become something different than a warlord.
Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 25, 2015, 03:38:39 pm »

"Maybe we can put on a dance number for them! Dazzle them with our smooth moves, baby!"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 25, 2015, 03:40:23 pm »

"Maybe we can put on a dance number for them! Dazzle them with our smooth moves, baby!"

- You spent more time with them than I did, if that's what they're into, sure, let's do that.
Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: September 25, 2015, 03:55:20 pm »

"To be fair, mostly I just danced around and ignored those guys. They never joined me either! How boring can someone be?"

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 25, 2015, 05:28:57 pm »

"Sounds good to me. Maybe we could capture a couple of them, since they seem to know the area."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 25, 2015, 05:32:15 pm »

"Sounds good to me. Maybe we could capture a couple of them, since they seem to know the area."
- Let us stick to trading. We have plenty of goods we can exchange. I shouldn't have brought up the bloody variant. I don't know what's got into me.
Sigs

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 25, 2015, 06:05:09 pm »

"So we're trading with the lupine and then killing them afterwards to spread legends of us? I can dig it." Tarmac says as he approaches, having only heard parts of the conversation.

Go eat if hungry.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 241