Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334410 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Mobile Home
« Reply #1065 on: September 28, 2015, 05:27:53 pm »

((Kill this place's god! You know you want to. You can use metal to climb the shredder clouds and reach him.))

((I'll just revise the bits of info we've been given so far about the god of this place and then we'll see about that.))

EDIT: It just occurred to me I haven't posted a bolded action.
Stick to the plan described earlier
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:02:11 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1066 on: September 29, 2015, 09:31:00 am »

"So how long have you been around, anyways? Were you created or born, or a reincarnated soul?"

More Engine Spirit talky stuff.
"I was created in 255 CGKT using Red clay and blood from a mortal wound, imbued with life by common proclamation. I was part of The Conquering Great King's first northern expansion."

Sit down and gaze at the landscape. Hum a little tune
[4]
You hum a passable version of Axel F.

- I. Fucking. Forgot. Forgot about damn canyon. But then again, we don't have to move Tarmac around this time. So listen up, here's the plan. We come down with swords and spears and stand back juuust before lupine encampment. Then Mr. Bird and me come up to them and tell them we found some long dead soldiers of that conquering emperor, a scout squad or whatnot, and they had some weapons on them we don't really need and would like to trade. If they react alright to that statement, Hyenakles waltzes in with our goodies. From there we wing it.
If the bastards don't want to trade, well, we return atop the Warbeast and make them regret that. Sound good?

"Ah, yes. You climb down with the stuff, I shall glide down like the magnificent beast I am and introduce the important details to the fellows, presumably timing it just right for you to reveal some wonderful weaponry to trade with. Sounds like a plan!"

Fly over to some more moneyed-looking lupine acquaintances and ask them if they would be in the market for some fine imperial weaponry. Perhaps they could use it to make amazing boats or something.
They would like to see said imperial weaponry before making any deals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: September 29, 2015, 09:39:42 am »

Well, certainly. It should be arriving any time now. Just establishing here that they do not have moral objections to trading weaponry that may or may not have belonged to retainers of the Great Conquering King as far as we know. They don't have any of those, right?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1068 on: September 29, 2015, 10:05:41 am »

Well, certainly. It should be arriving any time now. Just establishing here that they do not have moral objections to trading weaponry that may or may not have belonged to retainers of the Great Conquering King as far as we know. They don't have any of those, right?
Considering his armies haven't been seen around here in centuries, no, they're fine with it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: September 29, 2015, 10:31:12 am »

John glances at the Lupine and addresses Mr. Bird in a casual manner:
- I take it they are willing to trade. That's good.

Barge in with weaponry and put it on display - make them lean on the rock or something, so they can be seen well.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: September 29, 2015, 10:50:40 am »

Be have heard engine spirit thing talky

"Who was the Conquering Great King?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: September 29, 2015, 03:25:13 pm »

"Did the Conquering Great King conquer multiple hells? Did he leave a map somewhere?"

More talky stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: September 29, 2015, 03:40:59 pm »

Look over the rifle I picked up. Check if everything's in working

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: September 29, 2015, 03:55:58 pm »

Muster my inner slotted spoon salesman, and begin to talk prices with the Lupines. Show off our goods, and see what they have to offer in return. Don't agree to anything yet.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:35:49 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: September 29, 2015, 04:36:54 pm »

Muster my inner slotted spoon salesman, and barter with the Lupines.

((You might just want to state what we want out of this deal, for starters. They could offer us coffins because that's their main export goods, for all I know.))
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: September 29, 2015, 05:34:03 pm »

((I'm not expecting a deal this turn, I just want to open the conversation.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: September 29, 2015, 05:46:01 pm »

((Well yeah. We can always ask for food and water, and seeing what they've got besides that is a good idea. Now we wait.))
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: September 29, 2015, 06:06:03 pm »

Interpret as needed. Attempt to mask thinly veiled murderous streak in companions with as smooth a delivery as my incomplete understanding of Lupine allows.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: September 30, 2015, 05:11:02 am »

"GAR GRAR GAK GAK GAR RAR"
attempt to get up
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1079 on: October 01, 2015, 10:44:15 am »

John glances at the Lupine and addresses Mr. Bird in a casual manner:
- I take it they are willing to trade. That's good.

Barge in with weaponry and put it on display - make them lean on the rock or something, so they can be seen well.
You carry in the goods after a long walk down and set them against the stone wall of the canyon in the most appealing way you can, trying best to imitate a store front.

Be have heard engine spirit thing talky

"Who was the Conquering Great King?"
"A being which set out to conquer the heavens. And did a very good job at it. If I still live, then so does he and his empire. I don't know if they expanded past here or if they regressed, but the locals seem to know him, and this beast means he waged war here or near here."

"Did the Conquering Great King conquer multiple hells? Did he leave a map somewhere?"

More talky stuff.
"I do not know exactly how many he may have laid claim to, but it is several hundred at least.  He expands, conquers, and absorbs, bringing those he has overtaken into his empire and conscripting them into his service. He no doubt has maps, but I do not know exactly where. Perhaps deeper into his empire."

Look over the rifle I picked up. Check if everything's in working
It could use some oil, but all the parts seem to be intact and moving. There's no obvious corrosion to the metal or rotting of the wooden components either. You won't know until you fire a shot, but you'd be willing to bet that it will work fine.

Muster my inner slotted spoon salesman, and begin to talk prices with the Lupines. Show off our goods, and see what they have to offer in return. Don't agree to anything yet.

[2+1]

The lupines seem dubious about your wears. Not completely unwilling, but they seem to be questioning whether or not they're worth trading for, especially considering you seem to be asking for quite a lot of food and supplies in return.

Interpret as needed. Attempt to mask thinly veiled murderous streak in companions with as smooth a delivery as my incomplete understanding of Lupine allows.
You think you mask their homocidal intent pretty well.

Good thing too, the lupine are 8 foot tall, cycopean wolf men after all. They might not be the easiest opponents to deal with.

"GAR GRAR GAK GAK GAR RAR"
attempt to get up
You roll onto your belly and manage to try and walk away with a bit of dignity.

Just a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 241