Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334313 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Herpetological Hospitality
« Reply #1365 on: November 06, 2015, 06:58:55 pm »

((Hey Comrade, might I please bug you for fanart of Tarmac ' s last stand? I think it'd be neat to have, but I don't want you to do it if you don't feel like it.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 07, 2015, 03:59:51 am »

((Hey Comrade, might I please bug you for fanart of Tarmac ' s last stand? I think it'd be neat to have, but I don't want you to do it if you don't feel like it.))

((I'll try. The thing with my fanarts is, I can only do them while listening to the most boring classes I currently have. They just don't come out of me the way I want them to at any other time I try to draw. So it won't come this weekend, but it will occur eventually. Tarmac is not that difficult to draw, but the Most high might be tricky.

Also, thanks DocMcTaalik.))
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 04:41:11 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 07, 2015, 07:55:46 am »

((I'll try. The thing with my fanarts is, I can only do them while listening to the most boring classes I currently have. They just don't come out of me the way I want them to at any other time I try to draw. So it won't come this weekend, but it will occur eventually. Tarmac is not that difficult to draw, but the Most high might be tricky.

Also, thanks DocMcTaalik.))
((You clearly need to record few of those classes and set up simulated enviroment somewhere.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1368 on: November 07, 2015, 01:20:04 pm »

((I'm not even going to bring up the +1 to spike use again. That link was too perfect. You been waiting to use that one, PW?))
I actually had the power pellet sound effect too, if you managed to succeed on that roll. That would have been cool.

Now then, I put off the actual rolling for combat because it was late and my brain wasn't working. Well now it's early and I'm on codeine cough syrup!

Lets see..

Harry, doc and comrade are defending. Ok...

Hyenankles manages to fire several times; the single shot rifle is a pain to reload and his aim isn't helped by the fact that his hands are somewhere between paws and fingers. He's not sure if he actually hit anything. Mr. Bird takes a more proactive approach and flaps up into the air to meet the slithering menace. Fighting with his feet while in mid-flight is difficult, all he can do is charge and swing using the momentum of his body, but he holds his own. None of his strikes cause any major damage; scales and amber light limbs see to that,  but he holds a large number of snakes off as they try to take him down.

John [5], in the mean time, takes careful aim. Not at the Snakes, but at the building of the Most High. It's a tricky shot; the bullets with his blood on them are slower and heavier, arcing like mortar rounds, and there are a heck of a lot of snakes between here and there. After a few second of hesitation he squeezes the trigger and the blood coating the rifles catches fire as the bullet sails up and across the sky, trailing a black tail of smoke. It hits the Most High's temple a moment later and a great blast of flame errupts from the white stone. The entrance collapses and the entire building seems to sway unsteadily like a cork bobbing in water.  The Salthe see this, of course, and they react in two ways. Half of them immediately charge towards the Most High's building. The other half charge downward towards John with palpable, suicidal rage.

The War Beast takes off, running as quickly as it can towards the other side of this region. Despite its size, the beast is quite fast when it wants to be. It should only take...3 or so turns to reach the edge.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 07, 2015, 01:42:00 pm »

>Salthe: Rip and Tear.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 07, 2015, 02:00:11 pm »

Shoot the incoming snakes.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 07, 2015, 02:16:01 pm »

- That's for those you killed, Most High, your arrogant fuckness.  I HAVE SOME FOR YOUR PEOPLE TOO!

Keep firing into thickness of Slathe. Be sure that there is some distance between me and the rest of the party.

((I'm considering another course of action. I need to think about it. Just be aware that this post might change drastically.
EDIT: I'll stick with the current action for the upcoming turn. Then we'll see.))
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 04:08:59 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 07, 2015, 04:35:21 pm »

Continue distracting and hurting the Salthe! They are shaken! Only half of them still fight!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 07, 2015, 05:39:09 pm »

Be filled with righteous fervor! Believe that the bullets are doing more damage!

Basically try buffing because can't fight with no functional arms.

Spoiler: Xankarvo Grudge List (click to show/hide)

((I know you have the grudge list on the wiki, I just wanna keep it in the posts to make sure I stay properly IC for Xankarvo - man never lets go of his grudges until the offender is bloodied and broken at his feet.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1374 on: November 09, 2015, 11:41:46 am »

Shoot the incoming snakes.
- That's for those you killed, Most High, your arrogant fuckness.  I HAVE SOME FOR YOUR PEOPLE TOO!

Keep firing into thickness of Slathe. Be sure that there is some distance between me and the rest of the party.

((I'm considering another course of action. I need to think about it. Just be aware that this post might change drastically.
EDIT: I'll stick with the current action for the upcoming turn. Then we'll see.))
Continue distracting and hurting the Salthe! They are shaken! Only half of them still fight!
Be filled with righteous fervor! Believe that the bullets are doing more damage!

Basically try buffing because can't fight with no functional arms.

((I know you have the grudge list on the wiki, I just wanna keep it in the posts to make sure I stay properly IC for Xankarvo - man never lets go of his grudges until the offender is bloodied and broken at his feet.))

You know, you have a really good gun but really bad luck with it.

Hyenankles and Mr.bird fight with enviable fervor; Hyenankles guns down several snakes as they dive towards the platform and Mr.bird hacks one in half, injures several others and finally tangles with another and the two fall to the deck of the warbeast, struggling and wrestling in that very odd way that only a limbed snake and a sword wielding bird can manage.

John, in the meantime, takes aim at the snakes flying down at him, moves to get a better shot, and trips. As he falls he accidentally fires and manages to blow both his legs off.

The good news is that the explosion looks bad enough that the remaining snakes aren't sure if he and the rest of the people on deck are dead, since they're hidden by the smoke. They hover above, waiting to see what happened. 

Also good news, Xan has no arms, and John has no legs. They can form a sort of symbiotic relationship.

Anyone ever seen crippled masters? No? Alright.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1375 on: November 09, 2015, 11:54:56 am »

((From now on, call me Lieutenant Dan John :P))

That's it. I'm not going anywhere now. I'm done for. I CAN'T KEEP GOING ON THE ROAD WITHOUT MY LEGS!

Thoughts of this sort are the only ones in his head for a couple of moments, those few seconds after the impact he had before the initial shock stepped down to give room for all the agonising pain. After a series of incoherent screams, the first word to be said more or less distinctively is followed immediately by an action.

- AAAARGHMOTHERFUCKER! - John screams, incapacitated. I'm assuming everything from the knees down is a oil-bloody burnt mess now, right? While still on the ground, he rolls over to his back and keeps firing up at snakes. With his free hand he does his best to gesture  something like "stand down" to others.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:42:43 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: November 09, 2015, 12:02:50 pm »

"Good gods at least I didn't lose my limbs due to my own actions. Thank you kindly for trying to make me feel better about myself or some shit.
Dumbass."

Infuse hatred into molotovs! Keep cowering in cover! Y'know, practical cowardice things.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: November 09, 2015, 12:20:51 pm »

Under cover of smoke, attain favorable position for a vicious, underhanded sneak attack to follow right after John shoots himself again or something.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: November 10, 2015, 09:48:10 am »

>Hyenakles: stay in cover, out of sight of Salthe. Get a molotov from Xan, go through John's stuff (the bag he left somewhere in the building) for his lighter and be ready to light and toss the molotov towards him should they attack him all at once while he's on the floor.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:29:31 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: November 10, 2015, 12:00:54 pm »

>Hyenakles: stay in cover, out of sight of Salthe. Get a molotov from Xan, go through John's stuff (the bag he left on somewhere in the building) for his lighter and be ready to light and toss the molotov towards him should they attack him all at once while he's on the floor.

Ok, do that.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 241