Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335974 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1680 on: December 19, 2015, 07:26:31 pm »

"I need you to carefully break a leaf off of my plant and put it in my mouth. Normally I'd do so myself, but my arms are nonfunctional."

- 'kay, no problem.

((action edited))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: December 20, 2015, 01:51:02 am »

Dave looked at John and Xan.  "Oh good, you have some snacks on board.  Any more of those?  It looks fresh and tasty."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: December 20, 2015, 02:58:23 am »

- Nah, just this. And this is a plant we would like to preserve, so quit looking at it funny. I'll let you down from the beast in a while if you want to have some grass.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: December 20, 2015, 04:32:09 am »

"This is my plant and you may not touch it."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: December 20, 2015, 08:45:12 pm »

What can only be a disappointed look crosses Dave's face.  "Okay, fine, sheesh.  I've eaten enough for today anyway."

Watch the world go by.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1685 on: December 21, 2015, 04:31:52 pm »

Well they're positioned around the square shaped indentation, but this wall of that indentation and by extension the scaffold ruins do run parallel to the fog wall.

Good! So, we're turning around the corner and moving between the wall of scaffold-like structures and wall of storm clouds.

Assist Xan as he instructs.

The beast takes a right and continues to trundle along.

Assist bird person with scouting. Be sure to doot doot the sonar like a regular mister bones.

Also be sure to check the integrity of my external shell. wonder if these idiots jerks people have any glass that could be used for repairs.
Doot doot? I say, Noot Noot

Your outer shell seems intact. A bit dirty, but intact.

Don't fly into the storm clouds.

Instead, see if I can find out what might be at the center of this... well, one would presume it to be some form of square. How big is it? Pretty damn big? Enormous? Mind-bogglingly huge? Cosmic in proportion? If more like the latter, maybe don't bother and instead fly about in the air, safe in the knowledge that lightning doesn't usually strike something that isn't grounded.

Well, each side is probably the same size, you would guess, and the last one was several miles long, so we're probably looking at 5 or so square miles in total. You could fly over it all, but it would take a while of going back and forth. It's also nighttime, so it might be good to wait for morning to do a visual task.

Remove my helmet, and get to a lower position. Standing out in the open, atop a giant warbeast, in metal armor... isn't exactly a safe choice given that we're about to pass some storm clouds..
You go hide in the wooden building and stoke the dying fire back up to a nice roaring blaze. It's oddly comfy. Storm outside, the dark, the quiet. It's all pretty nice.

Take Paranoid Wizard PrecautionsTM if we're about to do anything dangerous like head into the clouds or anything.

Xankarvo walks up to John.

"I need you to carefully break a leaf off of my plant and put it in my mouth. Normally I'd do so myself, but my arms are nonfunctional."

Procure John's help in eating one leaf of my plant.

((Now to wait and see if this works.))
[6]
You eat a leaf. Huh. Tastes minty.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: December 21, 2015, 04:49:17 pm »

Xankarvo sits down and placidly waits.

Wait to see what effects hit. Hopefully my arm shows some signs of regrowing.
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 21, 2015, 04:52:40 pm »

John sits next to Xan, aiming to look after him if he'll act funny when the drug kicks in.

- How does that feel? This plant changed so and so when you... sorta... thought real hard about it, I guess. Now what's the result?
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: December 21, 2015, 04:59:00 pm »

"I've influenced it through the power of applied faith - which seems to be the primary mechanism for the supernatural in the afterlife - to hopefully regenerate my lost limb. I'm sitting down because I just realized it's also a minor narcotic, so I'm waiting for the rush to hit me."
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: December 21, 2015, 05:22:07 pm »

- Mild narcotic you say. Welp, just try to heal peacefully, leaning back and enjoying yourself. You can sit by the fire, it seems really cozy there. I'll be in the driver's seat.

Put the jar with plant back into the building. Water it a little. The get back to the driver's seat and enjoy the ride. Hopefully this land has some sort of daytime to see the ruin stuff more clearly.
Sigs

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 21, 2015, 05:38:04 pm »

"The bird's fault, if I remember correctly. I can only have faith that it'll work.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: December 22, 2015, 03:54:53 am »

Return to the warbeast and observe what the people are doing. Anything gainful? And what's that Xankarvo fellow up to?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: December 22, 2015, 06:57:18 am »

((Relevant soundtrack. I think this fits the current situation.))
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:00:08 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: December 23, 2015, 01:17:55 am »

Rest and recuperate. Try to forget that I have no hair.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1694 on: December 23, 2015, 05:42:53 pm »

Xankarvo sits down and placidly waits.

Wait to see what effects hit. Hopefully my arm shows some signs of regrowing.
Well, the stump itches and the floppy arm starts to hurt a bit.

- Mild narcotic you say. Welp, just try to heal peacefully, leaning back and enjoying yourself. You can sit by the fire, it seems really cozy there. I'll be in the driver's seat.

Put the jar with plant back into the building. Water it a little. The get back to the driver's seat and enjoy the ride. Hopefully this land has some sort of daytime to see the ruin stuff more clearly.
You water the plant a bit before heading back outside. The storm wall rolls and thunders off to the left and the ruins pass slowly to the right. It will be a while to you reach the edge of the ruins, if it's the same size as before. The sky is growing lighter, dawn is approaching, or whatever passes for it here.

Return to the warbeast and observe what the people are doing. Anything gainful? And what's that Xankarvo fellow up to?
He appears to be chewing on a leaf while staring expectantly at his arms.
Rest and recuperate. Try to forget that I have no hair.
You dream about having no hair. AHH WHAT A NIGHTMARE! Good thing you...oh.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 241