Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334372 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1860 on: January 23, 2016, 01:19:50 pm »

Store book somewhere safe really carefully.

"Well, that was enlightening. Now then, how to apply it..."

Basically just standing around right now while I go reread the past few updates. Xankarvo thinky.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: January 23, 2016, 02:26:23 pm »

Well, dig down then!  Can I smell anything out?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1862 on: January 25, 2016, 03:46:46 pm »

Yellow probably left her notebook on the warbeast, not needing it anymore.

Fly up and take a closer look at one of those holes. Does it lead anywhere?

It doesn't anymore because it's just a chunk of armor no longer attached to anything, but judging from the grooved appearance of the hole, something used to connect to here, very securely.

Gobble down one of the smaller bones from the large bird creature if there are any. Receive some of its power as a result!
You gain the ability to fly!

Wait...

Enter through one of the armor holes, and have a look around. If we don't find anything interesting, return to the warbeast.
You find...the visceral side of the armor? Again, this thing is rotten to bones and some armor plates; not a whole lot of it is left to see.

Store book somewhere safe really carefully.

"Well, that was enlightening. Now then, how to apply it..."

Basically just standing around right now while I go reread the past few updates. Xankarvo thinky.
Fair enough. Processing...
Well, dig down then!  Can I smell anything out?

[2] You root around in the dirt for a while but you find nothing of interest

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: January 25, 2016, 03:56:49 pm »

- Wrap it up you people, let's get back to Warbeast. Can see a lot more from up there it seems. I'll see you there.

Back to the Warbeast. While waiting for people to return, read up that book on blood rituals.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: January 25, 2016, 04:09:36 pm »

"Doesn't look like there's anything here anyway."

Head on back.  Graze some more on the way back.  How's the local flora taste?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: January 25, 2016, 04:23:37 pm »

Back to the warbeast.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: January 25, 2016, 05:05:24 pm »

Fly back to the warbeast about 5% faster as a result of my power absorption!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: January 25, 2016, 06:17:37 pm »

Right, now that I've safely saved all those to an outside thing where I can ponder the ramifications on my own, Xankarvo will do the following: ponder the viability of creating a thought-form and attaining its properties via the use of mass suggestion, or creating a thought-form and having it become part of you through extensive rumour-mongering - mantling the thought-form, essentially.

The sheer possibilities inherent in this...
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: January 26, 2016, 01:23:46 am »

"These armor plates were likely attached to the creature's hide. Which uh, makes sense. Not sure where else they would be attached, really."
Back to beast.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1869 on: January 26, 2016, 12:11:46 pm »

- Wrap it up you people, let's get back to Warbeast. Can see a lot more from up there it seems. I'll see you there.

Back to the Warbeast. While waiting for people to return, read up that book on blood rituals.
Did you buy that? Xan bought the other one, but not that one if I remember right.

"Doesn't look like there's anything here anyway."

Head on back.  Graze some more on the way back.  How's the local flora taste?
It tastes surprisingly good, vaguely sweet.

Back to the warbeast.
Back to the beast baby.
Fly back to the warbeast about 5% faster as a result of my power absorption!
BACK TO BEAST

"These armor plates were likely attached to the creature's hide. Which uh, makes sense. Not sure where else they would be attached, really."
Back to beast.
BEAST TO BACK

Right, now that I've safely saved all those to an outside thing where I can ponder the ramifications on my own, Xankarvo will do the following: ponder the viability of creating a thought-form and attaining its properties via the use of mass suggestion, or creating a thought-form and having it become part of you through extensive rumour-mongering - mantling the thought-form, essentially.

The sheer possibilities inherent in this...
I dunno bro, what does your brain tell you?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: January 26, 2016, 12:30:51 pm »

Did you buy that? Xan bought the other one, but not that one if I remember right.

I suppose I could dig into the thread for some quotes, but as far as I recall, when we traded Rocky, we traded him for books, as in plural.
Since I'm not that sure, I'll go check it, hang on...
There it is:

Skull, hat, map - prices are good, deal is sealed. Our rocky friend for the magic books.
Done.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 12:34:43 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: January 26, 2016, 01:02:54 pm »

Keep an eye out and be the best bird I can be!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: January 26, 2016, 05:04:54 pm »

My RL brain tells me 'proceed real careful-like lest PW gleefully smite you off the face of the hells with your own creation'. Xan's brain is telling me that I should get right on trying to convince people I have fire powers, which leads mainly to my earlier musings about killing people with fire and having their reincarnated fear fuel my power.
Do we still have the fuel and stuff I used to make molotovs? If so, make some more.

Also wear the wizard hat if I haven't already.
Sig! Onol

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: January 26, 2016, 05:46:29 pm »

Do we still have the fuel and stuff I used to make molotovs? If so, make some more.

((We have a barrel of gas. That does not entitle you to a barrels' worth of Molotovs though, that is John's food supply.))
Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1874 on: January 27, 2016, 11:47:51 am »

I suppose I could dig into the thread for some quotes, but as far as I recall, when we traded Rocky, we traded him for books, as in plural.
Since I'm not that sure, I'll go check it, hang on...
There it is:

Skull, hat, map - prices are good, deal is sealed. Our rocky friend for the magic books.
Done.
Alright then, guess you got a good discount then.

Keep an eye out and be the best bird I can be!
Thats a holding pattern if I've ever seen one.

My RL brain tells me 'proceed real careful-like lest PW gleefully smite you off the face of the hells with your own creation'. Xan's brain is telling me that I should get right on trying to convince people I have fire powers, which leads mainly to my earlier musings about killing people with fire and having their reincarnated fear fuel my power.

Also wear the wizard hat if I haven't already.

You put on your wizard hat. Sadly you have no robe with which to pair it with and then to assault strangers with. Well, actually you do...but they don't really match. And if you're gonna molest random people, you've gotta do it in a matching set. Just rude otherwise.

Comrade appears to be telling you ooc that the gas is not for you to use willy nilly. We can assume that in character he gives you various angry looks, perhaps semaphores out a message about the importance of conservation, something like that.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 241