Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335733 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1920 on: February 08, 2016, 06:08:29 pm »

Search around for lovely she-vultures to charm and entice with my scavenging prowess.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: February 08, 2016, 07:39:27 pm »

Walk the long way around to the noticed gleam.  If the beast starts moving, book it backwards.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1922 on: February 09, 2016, 10:48:00 am »

"I care not for your petty concerns of sensibility, worm. Stop pointing out the obvious, it's actively detrimental here."

Xankarvo paces for a moment.

"Here, try this. Have the warbeast point at itself, or me, and say my name. Then point at the giant."

Communication v2!
The war beast reaches up onto the platform and plucks you off, holding you by the collar of your robe. It holds you up so that the giant can see you and points at you with its other hand.

XAN.

The warbeast then points towards the giant and waits.

The giant turns one eye to look at you while keeping the other trained on the "people" walking around on the ground. It stares intently but doesn't make a move or a sound.

"It's possible that it has no name. Might not even understand the concept."

Continue floating a safe distance away. Think about music.
You think about music. Hmm. Rather funky.
Search around for lovely she-vultures to charm and entice with my scavenging prowess.
[2]
You wake up.

Damn, you're so bad with the ladies that you fell out of your own conjured reality rather than talk to them.

Walk the long way around to the noticed gleam.  If the beast starts moving, book it backwards.
Hmm, the long way around would be walking around the building and then trying to climb up the sheer wall on the backside. You try this. The lack of thumbs or indeed any digits on your stumpy little dino feet make it somewhat difficult.

You do, however, succeed on falling over backwards and looking adorable.

- This must be what Bilbo felt in the presence of Smaug.

Crawl up the rubble to the eye level of a giant. Conquer fear and look him in the eye (if applicable). Then look for magickal macguffin.
You walk closer. The giant stares. You climb up the rubble towards the buried whatever it is. The giant stares at you the whole time, but doesn't move. The source of the glow appears to be a strange metal object buried in the rubble, or rather it is inside the object. Only part of the surface of the thing is visible, a dull silvered tube that has been cracked open and exposed a glittering blue core of translucent, teardrop shaped stones.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: February 09, 2016, 11:17:42 am »

Hm. Well, might as well pick up where we left off.

Search around for lovely she-vultures to charm and entice with my scavenging prowess. I am far more charming when awake, I assure you.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: February 09, 2016, 11:32:45 am »

Clear the rubble around the thing, try to dig it out, if it isn't overwhelmingly massive.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: February 09, 2016, 11:53:06 am »

"Back way won't work.  Has it eaten you yet?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: February 09, 2016, 12:01:29 pm »

- It just stares. Send shivers down my spine, I'll give it that. Could use your help up here, actually.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: February 09, 2016, 12:07:44 pm »

"Hmm. Hmmm hm hmm, hmmmm."
Think about magical music.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: February 09, 2016, 01:42:46 pm »

"Uh.  Okay?"

Go to the front and help, then.  No sudden movements.  If it moves at all, bolt.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: February 09, 2016, 01:45:46 pm »

Xan: begin a frenetic, almost obscene gyration of the hips whilst staring the other creature in the eye.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: February 09, 2016, 04:13:02 pm »

"Hmm. Interesting. Put me down on the platform again, please. What's that glowing object the others are trying to get?"

Shiny senses activate
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: February 09, 2016, 05:07:47 pm »

You know what, the bird guy has the right idea. Get some sleep.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1932 on: February 11, 2016, 11:31:12 am »

Hm. Well, might as well pick up where we left off.

Search around for lovely she-vultures to charm and entice with my scavenging prowess. I am far more charming when awake, I assure you.

I'm not sure if I should take that assurance.

You flap around, completely ignoring the events transpiring below in favor of chasing tail. Literally in your case. However, this area seems devoid of buxom vultures in lingerie.

Odd, I know, but that's just how it is.

Clear the rubble around the thing, try to dig it out, if it isn't overwhelmingly massive.
Around the ENTIRE thing? Yeah, a few minutes of that shows it to be indeed, overwhelmingly massive for a human sized being.

"Hmm. Hmmm hm hmm, hmmmm."
Think about magical music.
http://wheelof.com/stars/

"Uh.  Okay?"

Go to the front and help, then.  No sudden movements.  If it moves at all, bolt.
You head around to the front and do your best to struggle up to where Captain Burn Scars is. [3]
You get...oh, 25% of the way up. Not bad, considering this body is clearly designed for grazing across wide open valleys and not for climbing slippery, steep slopes of ruined concrete and glass.

"Hmm. Interesting. Put me down on the platform again, please. What's that glowing object the others are trying to get?"

Shiny senses activate
The warbeast sets you back down.

"I don't know. They didn't tell me anything about it. How do you know about it?"

You know what, the bird guy has the right idea. Get some sleep.
You look at all the silly crap going on, shrug  and head inside. You curl up in one of the beds and start sleeping. You intend to do this until something makes sense again.

You may be here a while.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: February 11, 2016, 11:37:14 am »

Hm. Fly back and try to articulate a two-sentence summation of what the hell's going on from a good vantage point.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: February 11, 2016, 12:16:26 pm »

Examine the glowing blue stuff. Take a few glowy rocks. Hope like hell this isn't giving me afterlife cancer without me noticing.
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 241