Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335987 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Amputee Voltron
« Reply #1950 on: February 16, 2016, 11:31:44 am »

Barf meta-gamma-radiation at John, giving him meta-cancer.
No.

- Shame I didn't get my bag. It seems to be safe to come get more though, should Xankarvo want 'em or something.

Shout and signal to Xan back on the beast to walk up to where I am.
You wave for xan to come pick you up.  You hope he doesn't drive the beast over you.

"Oh look, John's waving his arms. Probably wants us to come near him. Go to it, controller thing. Do you have a name, by chance?"

Warbeast scoop up shiny things nao
You pass a bag down to the...individuals on the ground and they fill it with as many of the stones as it can hold.

"I was never given a name." the engine  spirit responds, "No one ever needed to speak to me specifically."

Fly around. Any signs of habitation at all, or is the place just dead? Any animals of any kind, tiny and inconspicuous ones like insects included? Search high and low, but be careful!
You see no signs of habitation by sentient beings, no smoke or obviously constructed dwellings. But there are animals around, mostly big fluffy grazing things that look like oversized sheep.  No  sign of any predators. 

"I can carry a few."

Carry a few in mouth.  Lick a few and hope to get high.

You scoop one up in your mouth and it immediately makes your teeth start to tingle. You can  feel a strange sensation like buzzing or vibration running down the nerves in you jaw. Not so much a sensation of being high, more the sensation of licking a 9 volt battery.

Enter REM, and dream about Hyena things.

You dream about eating a live baby gazelle.

((no one has died in a while, and many actions are about faffing off. I'm tempted to jump queue and wander uninvited into the game :P))
I didn't really expect  them to spend this much time here. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find ways to  free up slots just as soon as they go someplace new. 

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: February 16, 2016, 11:41:24 am »

"Then I hereby dub you Xan, as an extension of myself. Now then, we've got the bag full of shiny rocks and this giant doesn't seem to be responding in the slightest. What should we do now, I wonder.
Perhaps show the giant a rock or two."

Nothing could possibly go wrong from naming the worm Xan. Nothing at all. It's not like that name carries bad juju around with it or anything.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: February 16, 2016, 11:47:48 am »

((Literally everything on the map of SuperHell sounds like an intense place, and we found ourselves this oasis of tranquillity - I did not expect that.))

Get back on the beast. Help Dave back on the beast. After Xankarvo is done trying to communicate, set course along the ruined highway.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: February 16, 2016, 12:24:14 pm »

"I must say, these stones don't taste right.  An odd tingly feeling... and not the good kind either."

Be helped up.  Onward!  Observe!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: February 16, 2016, 12:27:33 pm »

"I must say, these stones don't taste right.  An odd tingly feeling... and not the good kind either."

- Last time we picked up some funny stones they could explode in your face if you shuffled them around too much, remember? So you might not want to taste them prior to any other examination.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: February 16, 2016, 01:15:59 pm »

Dave waved a front foot around.  "Haven't got much choice here."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: February 16, 2016, 04:55:30 pm »

Continue sleeping.

((I feel bad about wasting turns, but Hyenakles doesn't really have anything to do here.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: February 16, 2016, 05:05:32 pm »

Wonder if there are any songs that gained magical power in the afterlife. Try to think of how one would learn one, or if I happen to already know one that would work.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 17, 2016, 05:14:35 am »

Fly above an oversized sheep and bid it a fine how-do-you-do. See what it says to that.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1959 on: February 18, 2016, 11:39:32 am »

"Then I hereby dub you Xan, as an extension of myself. Now then, we've got the bag full of shiny rocks and this giant doesn't seem to be responding in the slightest. What should we do now, I wonder.
Perhaps show the giant a rock or two."

Nothing could possibly go wrong from naming the worm Xan. Nothing at all. It's not like that name carries bad juju around with it or anything.
The only thing I see it causing is confusion.

You grab one of the rocks from the bag and hold it up for the giant to see. It stares. It looks back at where the rocks were taken from and then back at the rock you're holding. And then it just stares some more.

It seems perfectly aware of what the rocks are and where they came from, it just doesn't give a shit about it.

And to be honest, you're feeling kind of uncaring about them too.

((Literally everything on the map of SuperHell sounds like an intense place, and we found ourselves this oasis of tranquillity - I did not expect that.))

Get back on the beast. Help Dave back on the beast. After Xankarvo is done trying to communicate, set course along the ruined highway.
Everyone gets back on and waits. They're feeling rather tired and listless after their short adventure.

Continue sleeping.

((I feel bad about wasting turns, but Hyenakles doesn't really have anything to do here.))
zzzzz

Wonder if there are any songs that gained magical power in the afterlife. Try to think of how one would learn one, or if I happen to already know one that would work.
Hmmmm...well...maybe if...like...people thought it had power before? Like...what was it...the Hungarian suicide song. That has a good deal of superstition connected to it. Maybe it has power here?

Fly above an oversized sheep and bid it a fine how-do-you-do. See what it says to that.
It responds by chewing more grass and staring at you with dull, unthinking eyes.

Hmm, looks less like a partner for a good conversation and more like a potential meal.

This is also good.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: February 18, 2016, 12:19:52 pm »

I'm not familiar with that one. Start faintly humming it and see if I "feel" anything. Even if I don't, stop after a bit, just in case.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:28:46 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: February 18, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »

"Wel, you clearly just want to lie here and die. Let's go, this is getting to be that odd sort of stretched-out boring where ruinous things start happening just to alleviate it."

Off to adventure! Or wherever the closest place on the map is. John! JOOOOOOHHNNNNN! DECIDE FOR ME JOOOOHN
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 18, 2016, 01:47:40 pm »

- Just order Engine Spirit to go along that ruined highway we followed up to this point, will you?

The road was leading southwest - continue along it, although should any road sprout from it and steer more to the south, go along that one.
Sigs

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 18, 2016, 02:33:16 pm »

Bid the sheep a fond farewell, then return to warbeast and get the hell out.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 18, 2016, 04:10:20 pm »

Onward!  Keep an eye out for adventure.  Or shinies.  Or tasty flora.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 241