Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335805 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Too Quiet.
« Reply #2010 on: March 07, 2016, 03:37:48 pm »

((O RNG, why have you forsaken me?))
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2011 on: March 07, 2016, 03:46:39 pm »

(("Your deck is on fire!"
”Whaaaat?"
"Your deck is on fire!"
"Oh. Heh. I thought you said something completely different."))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 07, 2016, 03:49:02 pm »

((Well, you're safe on the tree instead of the burning monster-infested platform.  Is it really that bad?))

Yarrr!  Gore gore gore gore gore.  Put those horns to use!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 07, 2016, 03:57:47 pm »

Fire the remaining two rounds, then toss the gun to Hyenakles to reload (and probably use). Defend self with sabre if/when needed.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: March 07, 2016, 05:30:15 pm »

"Wish me luck, shank."

Shoot the bastards! Oh, and reload John's gun when appropriate.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 05:32:04 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: March 07, 2016, 05:33:38 pm »

"Ugh, hate dice."

Just ignore this fight and explore the surroundings. Vaguely hope that these idiots get killed so I can move on to some new, less crazy people.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 07, 2016, 06:44:34 pm »

Assist the triceratops with battling enemies by descending upon them when they least expect it and distracting them from the very real possibility of being gored.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: March 07, 2016, 07:15:58 pm »

"Right, that's my bad."

Since my expertise with fire totally extends to putting it out, go stop that blaze before it grows! Do NOT use booze to 'put it out'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 07, 2016, 08:47:41 pm »

((Sorry, but where am I on the waitlist?))
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 07, 2016, 08:51:40 pm »

((According to the wiki waitlist, you're #2 on the waitlist. You'll probably get picked up the next time we meet a new group of people.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 09, 2016, 10:06:15 am »

((According to the wiki waitlist, you're #2 on the waitlist. You'll probably get picked up the next time we meet a new group of people.))
((So cross your fingers and root for our destruction this turn))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 09, 2016, 10:10:39 am »

((I know am! :D))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2022 on: March 09, 2016, 03:57:06 pm »

((Well, you're safe on the tree instead of the burning monster-infested platform.  Is it really that bad?))

Yarrr!  Gore gore gore gore gore.  Put those horns to use!
You scramble back onto your feet and charge back into the fray. [6] You charge and leap straight into the lobster man again, but this time you manage to cannon ball into him with all 3 horns and your entire body weight. Your two main horns punch straight through the chitin of his chest and he falls over backwards, squealing and hemorrhaging bluish purple blood. However, the force of the blow embedded your horns quite deep in him, and this combined with his horizontal position mean that you've essentially gotten your head stuck in a dead lobster.

Fire the remaining two rounds, then toss the gun to Hyenakles to reload (and probably use). Defend self with sabre if/when needed.
So far 4 invaders have made it up onto the deck; the lobster man that your dinosaur companion seems to be handling, a creature that looks like it's part bobbit worm with three masses of tentacles around the armored upper carapace and a half dozen spidery legs,  a man that literally looks like a human but with an deer stag head, and an 8 foot tall bronze statue that looks a lot like Rodin's thinker, though missing most of its left arm.  You decide to focus on the statue and the Bobbit worm first. Because a statue is hard to kill with a sword and a bobbit worm is an affront to all that is good and decent. Although someone made a fucking anime anthro version of one.  Because of course they did.

[3]
The first shot dribbles out as less of a bullet and more of an embarrassing spurt of hot metal that sprays onto the metal man's chest. How lewd.

[4]
The second shot, the one at the bobbit worm creature, is more effective. It catches it low and on the right, blowing off every single leg on its ride side and causing it to topple over onto one side.

You shout "Reload!" and toss the pistol over to Hyenakles before squaring up with the sabre.

"Wish me luck, shank."

Shoot the bastards! Oh, and reload John's gun when appropriate.
[1]
Hmm. don't suppose you're good at shooting are you? Hmmm, No, just hunting. Well, if this were you ambushing them it would count but its not, so it don't.

Now the question is...who...lets roll and...Xan, looks like the dice are on their [1] cycle for you again.

"Right, that's my bad."

Since my expertise with fire totally extends to putting it out, go stop that blaze before it grows! Do NOT use booze to 'put it out'.
[6]
You turn to go grab a blanket and smother the fire when a certain hyena man shoots you right in the fucking face. The shot whips your head back and sends you tumbling over, dazed. You lay on your back, blinking, and touch your face. Your lip is split and bleeding, but the upper teeth behind it are still there. In fact, they feel like they're made of metal. You can feel a small dent in the right canine where the bullet hit. You feel your bottom teeth and they seem to be made out of something different as well, not bone or metal, but stone. You cautiously grind your teeth and sparks fly with ease and in much greater amounts than before. Flint and steel teeth? Thats new.

The statue man charges john, loping in with great, long strides. He bends low and brings his entire weight, momentum and strength into a single massive uppercut.
[2]
The blow catches John dead center in the stomach.
[2]
He's lifted off his feet and propelled into the air, flying a dozen feet and slamming into the deck's railing.
[2]
He lands hard on the railing and slips over, tumbling down into the trees below.

The stagheaded man charges Xan, wielding some kind of weaponized meathook: it looks like a giant fish hook but with the outer edge sharpened into a thick cutting edge.
[6]
He swings the cutting edge down at Xan's throat, but xan catches the man's wrist, stopping the blow. He twists hard and the man screams out a distorted bleat and drops the weapon. Xan releases the wrist and grabs the weapon before rolling away and getting back to his feet.

The bobbit worm thing writhes and struggles for a few seconds before tucking its legs against its side and starting to slither forward on its stomach. It gets maybe 10 feet before the Warbeast's hand slams down on top of it, grabs it and proceeds to hurl it off into the distance with a rumbling growl. The beast turns, twisting to the right while still struggling against its bonds, and sweeps its fist across the canyon wall. Trees, stone and dirt are blown away, carved out of the earth and hurled away as though by a great explosion. The deck twists and rocks. Hyenakles and Xan keep on their feet, but the dinosaur and the dying creature he's stuck in go rolling towards the edge.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2023 on: March 09, 2016, 04:10:59 pm »

Help my fellow dinosaur extricate himself from the lobsterman!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2024 on: March 09, 2016, 04:13:44 pm »

"Hyneakles, normally I'd be frothing at the mouth to try to kill you but this is so fucking hardcore that I'm going to ignore that. I AM A HUMAN FLAMETHROWER MOTHERFUCKERS now with that said don't fucking shoot me you shit I have to put out this fire."

Put out fire. Don't fall off warbeast. If I'm attacked again, spit some leftover booze on the fish hook thing, light it aflame with my teeth and fight them with a flaming sword! Also do whatever I can to light them on fire if I end up in a fighting scenario. Use my teeth sparks as distractions. Internally lament the fact that I don't have a big badass beard that I could set on fire and look cool with.

((Oh man that's fucking cool as hell.))
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 04:22:58 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 241