Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334318 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2415 on: June 13, 2016, 06:13:28 pm »

Grab the axe, and head over to wherever it was that Dave was harassing trees. Begin hewing the downed trunks into usable pieces for repairing the warbeast.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: June 13, 2016, 06:20:01 pm »

((Hmm. Perhaps better?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: June 14, 2016, 04:57:04 am »

"Come, my Very Large Companion! We must show off your newfound might to others who will be sure to be impressed!"

Sebastian Encourages Dave to go find some natives to impress with his size and might. Sebastian looks about for locals (I am not sure if we on the warbeast are aware of the conversation going on on the mesa, or if we could get there from here). Upon locating some, He directs Dave, and the warbeast, that direction. More attention to Dave and myself. More!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: June 14, 2016, 05:06:44 am »

Grab the axe, and head over to wherever it was that Dave was harassing trees. Begin hewing the downed trunks into usable pieces for repairing the warbeast.
"I help! I help!"

Follow the weird dog-man (mainly to put some distance between myself and those other psychos) and help out with gathering wood!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: June 14, 2016, 06:46:31 am »

Climbing? Uhh, my one weakness. Or not.

If warbeast is still close by, ask it to lift me up so I can stare and point things with my sharp stubby claws.
If it is not... Climb up. Then stare things eyes wide. Like totally obliviously rude little kid.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: June 14, 2016, 07:26:26 am »

"Pleasing in a good way, I should hope?" Mr. Bird asks.

Inquire.

And if this fellow doesn't mind coming to the warbeast, assist him with getting there with handy navigation advice and maybe a bit of a lift if he needs to climb up.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: June 14, 2016, 09:59:22 pm »

Pick up the hammer and nails, and head over to Dave.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: June 14, 2016, 10:36:52 pm »

"Come, my Very Large Companion! We must show off your newfound might to others who will be sure to be impressed!"

Sebastian Encourages Dave to go find some natives to impress with his size and might. Sebastian looks about for locals (I am not sure if we on the warbeast are aware of the conversation going on on the mesa, or if we could get there from here). Upon locating some, He directs Dave, and the warbeast, that direction. More attention to Dave and myself. More!

"Awwww yeaaaah!"

Go find some locals to smash trees near.  If there aren't any locals, smash trees anyway and generally swagger.  Maybe actually help with the repairs if there is no other choice.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2423 on: June 16, 2016, 01:51:42 pm »

"Could trade you food, water, alcohol, or weapons. We also have a few explosive rocks from a hell to the north of here, I believe.
As for what we're looking for, we could use some supplies to repair the platforms on our warbeast, maybe some mechanical parts to maintain our other vehicle, and I in particular am looking for a tape recorder of some sort."

Converse. Afterwards, politely excuse myself and return to the warbeast. Invite the man to come along, if he likes.

"Food and water are always needed but we of scarred beauty ask for metal rods. Small. For our skin. We may give many things, or we may use the voice of the people, if your trade is great."

You nod slowly, an odd thing for a giant sphere to do, and then fly off back to the Beast.

"Hrm. Xan, please navigate us toward the closest settlement. Or the one our glass orb is talking at."

Have the warbeast move over to ... from what I understand, the villages are at the top of these mesas and the warbeast is at the bottom? Could we have the warbeast lift us up like with the Most High thing?
You have the warbeast walk over to the mesa. The mesa's top is just above the head of the beast, so it can lift you up one handful of idiots at a time if you so wish.

You head over to where dave is drunkenly body slamming foliage and begin chopping the wood into usable pieces.
[6]
You get about a half dozen planks hewn out of the trees, but there's a lot of waste. Turns out that the trees aren't quite the type for nice straight wooden planks.

"Awwww yeaaaah!"

Go find some locals to smash trees near.  If there aren't any locals, smash trees anyway and generally swagger.  Maybe actually help with the repairs if there is no other choice.
You both wander over to the bottom of the mesa where the war beast is standing and begin menacing trees, shrubs and small boulders as best you can.
[6]
You manage to headbutt a large rock so hard it falls over, much to the mild amusement of anyone watching.  However, you manage to snap one of your horns off in the process and SWEET JESUS DOES IT HURT

"I help! I help!"

Follow the weird dog-man (mainly to put some distance between myself and those other psychos) and help out with gathering wood!   
Seeing as there is only one ax, you help by carrying the wood back to the warbeast once it has been cut.

Climbing? Uhh, my one weakness. Or not.

If warbeast is still close by, ask it to lift me up so I can stare and point things with my sharp stubby claws.
If it is not... Climb up. Then stare things eyes wide. Like totally obliviously rude little kid.

The War beast lifts you up to the mesa top where you just sit around and stare at the guy without saying anything. He says nothing back.

"Pleasing in a good way, I should hope?" Mr. Bird asks.

Inquire.

And if this fellow doesn't mind coming to the warbeast, assist him with getting there with handy navigation advice and maybe a bit of a lift if he needs to climb up.

"Indeed. Featherless and wrinkled birds are most grotesque. It is something the birds here would do well to adopt." He nods his head before searching the sky, almost as though he were looking for a bird to admonish.

Pick up the hammer and nails, and head over to Dave.
You get to dave just in time to see him knock over a rock and then start screaming. Dinosaur screams are very odd.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: June 16, 2016, 01:58:54 pm »

((Mr. Bird isn't actually featherless or wrinkled, I feel the urge to note. Bearded vultures look like this.

That is, unless he lost all his feathers somehow, though that would raise the question of how exactly he's flying.))

The remark gives Mr. Bird pause.

Let reality have a moment to sort itself out. Am I still a bearded vulture? And if so, does that affect his reaction in any way?

In any case, return to the warbeast.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: June 16, 2016, 03:18:27 pm »

Get the Engine Spirit to lift up a few boxes of food and water. Search the warbeast for anything that would fit the scarred man's request. Failing that, guestimate how many of our current 100 nails are absolutely needed for repairs, and how many we can trade away.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: June 16, 2016, 08:01:50 pm »

((Which horn?  Front, right/left back?  Must know for characterization purposes!))

Pain was great for sobering up, as Dave had learned during his lifetime.  He had caught the lash at least once for drunkenness on the ship.  This really got his attention.

"Aaaahhhh FUCK that hurrrrts!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: June 16, 2016, 08:44:27 pm »

"Dave! Dave! Dave! Dave! Dave!" Sebastian chants. "Yeeeeeee HAAAAA! Pain is gain, buddy. We're on the road to greatness now!"

Sebastian attempts to convince Dave of the value of pain as an aid to growth, and believes really, really hard, that the broken horn will look 'cool.' he continues to point Dave in the direction of any audience we can locate.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: June 16, 2016, 11:36:34 pm »

Go up to the village with the supplies the warbeast is lifting up and make a suitably intimidating first impression.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 12:14:41 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: June 16, 2016, 11:53:55 pm »

Go up to the village with the supplies the warbeast is lifting up and make a wizardly first impression.

I'm leaving it vague for your amusement.

(He means to do it without pants on.
That's what wizardly means, right?)
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 241