Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335943 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2595 on: September 07, 2016, 11:49:14 pm »

"Is there any name you would prefer for me to call you by? Or no name at all?
I came here with a group of other lifeborn, wandering the hells. We came here to talk to you, but most of us can't get past the trees. Is there any chance you could make a path for them?"

Talky
"Names are funny things, aren't they? Am I that name? Is that name me? It's not the one I was born with. It's not what they called me in His army. But it has such weight, in spite of that. Without me, it is nothing and without it, I am nothing. Nothing plus nothing equals god."

The man looks up at you, smirking and squinting with eyes like hot embers.

"If they want to enter this place, tell them to walk along the streams."

Then brighten up as Mister Bird returns, and offer him the dead stuff instead! He likes that kind of thing, right?!

"For me? Thank you kindly, good sir!"

Never a bad time to eat bones.
You nibble the bones. You're still pretty full from the last meal.

If monkey mode doesn't work then let's try if lumberjack does better. Scratch trees until they fall.
You take a hard swing at the tree and manage to get your claws deeply embedded in it.

Gather low-hanging branches and deadwood, and build a small fire near-ish to the warbeast. Begin cooking slabs of boar meat above said fire.
[4]
You get a small fire going and start cooking the meat. It works but...well...with a fire this size it might take a while.

(at least, try to) Help with tending the fire.
"I grew up on the streets of Detroit. "How'm I supposed to know how to make a fire?"

[3]
You poke at the fire with a stick.

"I'm not really sure what to do with a fire thats not in a barrel."

Gather low-hanging branches and deadwood, and build a small fire near-ish to the warbeast. Begin cooking slabs of boar meat above said fire.

Help with this.  Don't eat meat, of course.
[1]
You dump a half gallon of water onto the fire and then stand there with a beaming smile while the hyena man glares at you.

cat sized cat can't fit through trees spaced several inches apart? Warbeast sized warbeast can't place cat above twenty feet of treeline? Cat clawed cat can't climb trees? Or did I miss the fact that there was a wall of some type between us and the pool of enticing lunchables?
You can try those things but ya gotta say what you wanna do. You gotta do the action to get there, not just tell me what you want to do once you get there.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: September 07, 2016, 11:57:47 pm »

"Very well. I will return."
Get back to where everyone's hanging out and yell at them to follow the streams.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: September 08, 2016, 02:16:05 am »

Continue to poke at the fire.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: September 08, 2016, 07:36:29 am »

"I'm stuck! Trees captured me! Help!"

Unstuck myself from these dirty trees.

"Burn them!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: September 08, 2016, 08:11:09 am »

"Ah, the joy of an abundance of bones. I knew there was a reason to follow rogues about."

Help Deathclaw Junior unstick his claws, as lovable as the scamp is when he gets into trouble.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: September 08, 2016, 03:05:18 pm »

Hopefully receive news of following streams. If I do, look about for any streams I might be able to follow. He means diving, doesn't he?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: September 08, 2016, 04:23:51 pm »

Sebastian excamines the trees very carefully, attempting to discern if thereis anything dangerous or notable about them, besides their existence and woodiness. I.e Do they possess sentience? Sapience? Bloodthirst? Poison? vines that eat cats? some sort of divine radiance?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: September 09, 2016, 07:00:36 pm »

"You're welcome!  Oh, hey, the streams?  Okay!"

Follow the streams.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2603 on: September 16, 2016, 12:41:40 pm »

Sorry about the lack of replies recently.

"Very well. I will return."
Get back to where everyone's hanging out and yell at them to follow the streams.
You get back to the rest of the group and convey both a description of what you saw and what the guy said.

Continue to poke at the fire.
You jab the fire like a 16 year old jabs his prom date.

"I'm stuck! Trees captured me! Help!"

Unstuck myself from these dirty trees.

"Burn them!"
[3]
You wiggle and yank and brace yourself against the tree and push with all your might but you can't free yourself.

"Ah, the joy of an abundance of bones. I knew there was a reason to follow rogues about."

Help Deathclaw Junior unstick his claws, as lovable as the scamp is when he gets into trouble.
[1]
You somehow end up with your beak stuck in a tree. Not even the same tree as the baby deathclaw. You have no memory as to how you got into this situation, but you're a bit too embarrassed to tell anyone that.

Hopefully receive news of following streams. If I do, look about for any streams I might be able to follow. He means diving, doesn't he?
Diving in a stream that is about 6 inches deep and less than a foot wide would prove difficult. You could walk up it, fording it like a giant, but that doesn't seem like it would work? At least not logically, the stream just oozes from a crack between the trees.  Then again, maybe this is some sort of magicy thing.

Sebastian excamines the trees very carefully, attempting to discern if thereis anything dangerous or notable about them, besides their existence and woodiness. I.e Do they possess sentience? Sapience? Bloodthirst? Poison? vines that eat cats? some sort of divine radiance?
[2]
You stare at the trees for a good five minutes. After careful consideration you turn around and announce, with the air of a learned man, that the trees are indeed trees.

"You're welcome!  Oh, hey, the streams?  Okay!"

Follow the streams.
You plop down into the stream and start waddling up towards the trees. Just as you feel like you're about to hit the wall of trunks, things seem to distort very subtly. The area around the trees and stream seems to fisheye, distorting to form a tunnel through. But it's not the trees that are changing. Or you. Everything is staying the same...but somehow you're moving through. It's a very odd sensation, like sticking your head through a keyhole.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: September 16, 2016, 12:55:06 pm »

Flap wings! Place talons on tree! Free my beak!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: September 16, 2016, 12:56:19 pm »

Nibble at some tree-bits. What do the trees taste like?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: September 16, 2016, 01:18:09 pm »

Temporal anomalies happen to us all, Great One.

Can I see anything unusual happening to Dave?

In any case, shrug and walk up the stream toward the tree dome.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: September 16, 2016, 02:42:31 pm »

Try to follow the streams.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: September 16, 2016, 02:55:26 pm »

Hardly the strangest thing seen down here.  Onward!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: September 16, 2016, 03:29:14 pm »

My goddamn claws demand freedom from oppression of trees!

"Burn the trees! They are oppressing my right to shred them into toothpicks!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 241