Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334353 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2610 on: September 16, 2016, 06:25:29 pm »

Head back to the lifeborn.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: September 16, 2016, 07:27:21 pm »

Rebuild fire, cook meat. Wonder idly whether I'm strong enough to strangle a miniature dinosaur.

((I though I submitted a post last turn... it basically amounted to "lose my shit in Dave's general direction," though, so it's okay.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: September 16, 2016, 10:43:54 pm »

Go climb a tree.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2613 on: October 02, 2016, 10:15:07 pm »

I have left this unupdated for a distressing period. So lets stop fucking around

Flap wings! Place talons on tree! Free my beak!
You are free

Nibble at some tree-bits. What do the trees taste like?
You wrap your lips around the tree and dig your teeth into the bark. You strain your jaw and drag your teeth across the bark in a manner that makes everyone who sees it cringe. You pull away a mouthful of bark and lip splinters and proceed to chew the former carefully, considering the taste. It tastes like wood. IT tastes like dry, crumbly bark. And blood. A fair amount of blood.

Temporal anomalies happen to us all, Great One.

Can I see anything unusual happening to Dave?

In any case, shrug and walk up the stream toward the tree dome.

Dave appears to be...He's walking into the trees and he's passing through a space about 2 or 3 inches wide. But He isn't changing shape or size. Just looking at it happen is very disorienting, like watching a full size elephant step through the eye of a needle. It makes you immediately feel like the perspective is off, like it's some sort of trick of distances. You look away and rub your eyes.

Try to follow the streams.
Hardly the strangest thing seen down here.  Onward!
You both follow the stream, trying not to get overwhelmed by the very odd sensation inherent in doing so. It makes your eyes itch, and you don't want to look at anything around you too closely; as soon as your gaze hangs on something for a few moments your feel a pressure on your forehead that builds until you look away.

Eventually you end up passing out of the trees and into a clearing, but one that is far larger than you expected. Far larger than should be possible within the confines of the tree walls. It's a wide grassy field sprinkled with plain white flowers and sectioned by a dozen rivers all flowing outward from a hill in the center. The hill is a fair distance away, but you think you should be able to walk to it within a few minutes, if you hurried.

My goddamn claws demand freedom from oppression of trees!

"Burn the trees! They are oppressing my right to shred them into toothpicks!"
It is done!

Head back to the lifeborn.
Gonna assume you mean the guy in the pond. You fly back over and he's in the same place as he was before, but now two of your earstwhile companions are in the clearing with him. They look to be about 10 feet from the pool but are just sort of standing there.

Rebuild fire, cook meat. Wonder idly whether I'm strong enough to strangle a miniature dinosaur.

((I though I submitted a post last turn... it basically amounted to "lose my shit in Dave's general direction," though, so it's okay.))
Meat is cooked.

And yes, you think that you are more than strong enough to strangle a small dinosaur. Maybe even a normal one.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: October 02, 2016, 10:23:20 pm »

"Well, what are you waiting for? You guys gonna talk to him or not?"
Talking to the people 10 feet away.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: October 02, 2016, 10:40:15 pm »

Dave thought he heard something, but just shook his head and started walking toward the center.

Approach the middle.  See what's up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: October 02, 2016, 11:38:09 pm »

Continue to walk.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: October 03, 2016, 01:31:26 am »

Head into the stream. Try forcing myself to adapt to the odd spatial geometry by pure self-confidence while doing so.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: October 03, 2016, 01:36:40 am »

Burn trees. We have a campfire here nearby, don't we?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: October 03, 2016, 03:14:17 pm »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: October 03, 2016, 03:45:02 pm »

Put out the fire as soon as I realize he's doing this.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: October 04, 2016, 09:44:51 am »

Follow my angry little claw-buddy. Cheerfully admire the scenery and relax.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2622 on: October 06, 2016, 06:15:44 pm »

Dave thought he heard something, but just shook his head and started walking toward the center.

Approach the middle.  See what's up.
Continue to walk.
You do hear something, and in fact you see that glass orb fellow. But he's very far away and talking very quietly. Kinda rude really. Oh well.

You both walk along towards the center of the field. The grass here is odd. As soon as you step on it, each individual blade of grass shoves back like a tiny finger, jabbing you in the sole of the foot. It makes it a bit hard to walk, but you manage. When you finally reach the center, a small hill with a deep divot on the top that forms a pool from which all the water flows, you see a man. He's sitting in the pool, looking at you sidelong, with an eyebrow raised.

"So, little living things, what is it that you want? No one comes to me unless they want something, after all.  If it is the death of others you desire, I'll tell you now that I'll have no part in such a thing. My days of conquest are long behind and death ceased to thrill me long ago."

Go climb a tree.
You place your hand on a tree and then stop, again. You have a strange and distinct feeling that something strange is happening to you. Like Deja Vu crossed with depersonalization.  You feel distinct from your body, and you watch events through your eyes like a tv rerun for a show you only half remember. Something far, far away pulls at your mind. Or perhaps...pulls itself towards you?

Follow my angry little claw-buddy. Cheerfully admire the scenery and relax.

Put out the fire as soon as I realize he's doing this.
The little deathclaw and his tag along walk over to Hyenakle's fire and yank a still burning stick out. They're turning around, heading back towards the woods when Hyenankles picks them both up and tosses them into the nearest stream. He returns to the fire and settles down as they sputter about in the water.

Head into the stream. Try forcing myself to adapt to the odd spatial geometry by pure self-confidence while doing so.
You stride confidently into the strange distortion of space and attempt to stare directly at it, forcing your mind to accept it. You stop once the nose bleed begins.  That done, you walk through and emerge in the field, clutching your head.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: October 06, 2016, 06:40:37 pm »

I let go of the tree and run over to the campfire buddies, yowling

It bit me! The tree bit me! It tried to eat my soul. I don't wanna be depersonalized! I just wanted to climb a little, but it bit me! The trees have eyes!
Why are you guys all wet?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: October 06, 2016, 06:49:48 pm »

"Jesus crab, how long can it take you guys to walk 10 feet?! I mean, I'm not in a hurry or anything, but seriously."

"... So, uh, pool guy. How did you become so godlike?"
Asking the big questions, oh yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 241