Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334368 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Rock the Boat
« Reply #2655 on: October 16, 2016, 03:46:24 pm »

Greet the god. "Well, hello. I'm Dianne Lee. And you are....?"
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2656 on: October 16, 2016, 04:52:22 pm »

If you think about it, this God has in a way become a form of near-perfect representative democracy. His subjects have refined belief so much they have managed to weaponize it. And he is more or less what his subjects believe him to be. So their "elected representative" is always what they believe they want to believe him to be.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: October 16, 2016, 07:14:48 pm »

Dave shrugged as best as his dino-shoulders allowed.  "Honestly?  I'm mostly along for the ride.  I really don't need you to do anything for me.  The most I would ask for is a drink; we have a little booze but it isn't much.  Nice place you have here, though!"

Small talk with divinity.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: October 17, 2016, 12:19:14 am »

"Oi! Hyena man! What is the current situation?"
Follow after Hyenaclese and yell at him. If he's not saying anything useful, go back to Xan.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: October 17, 2016, 01:52:01 am »

"Warbeast! Destroy that forest! It's EVIL!" Command the warbeast to uproot trees. If it doesn't obey straight out, try figure out how to make it obey, namely pulling those control ropes randomly.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: October 17, 2016, 05:42:58 am »

Land near Xankarvo, de facto captain in that he's the only one with an actual coherent goal around here.

"Hello there! Just checking in to say that, well, there seems to be some sort of unnatural sunset glow happening out toward the horizon. I suspect something rather suspicious is coming this way!"

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: October 17, 2016, 10:23:14 am »

"The situation is: I'm getting the fuck out of here, and you should too. Make sure to kick the possessed cat with one of your phantom limbs on your way up."

Climb up into the platform, and retrieve and load one of our spare rifles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: October 17, 2016, 02:50:15 pm »

Land near Xankarvo, de facto captain in that he's the only one with an actual coherent goal around here.

"Hello there! Just checking in to say that, well, there seems to be some sort of unnatural sunset glow happening out toward the horizon. I suspect something rather suspicious is coming this way!"
Xankarvo's expression, formerly contemplative, rapidly sours.

"Shit. We probably don't have much time then. Keep an eye on the glowing and tell me if it's getting closer or anything's changing about it. I'll get my answer from the Most-Beautiful and then we leave."

He turns to look intently at the god.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: October 17, 2016, 04:04:47 pm »

(we're so dead. We're going to war against this god person and his trees of possession and death. And there 's that sunrise thingum too.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: October 17, 2016, 05:56:28 pm »

((Nah, we recruiting a god to help us wage bloody war on the god-king of the multiverse.))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: October 17, 2016, 05:58:19 pm »

((And also to do that whole 'find the centre of the cosmos and usurp it to become King Of All Cosmos' thing.

For me.
Yeeeh.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: October 17, 2016, 06:17:58 pm »

((A good part of my motivation at this point is to be as helpful to you as possible, so when you become a god you might decide to help me out. :P))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: October 17, 2016, 11:45:59 pm »

((And I'm just dicking around randomly like attention deficit kid.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: October 18, 2016, 12:08:42 am »

((And I'm just dicking around randomly like attention deficit kid.))

^.  Dave just wants to find his next fix; the ultimate goal is interesting, but he's not super dedicated to fulfilling it.  This is just interesting.  He's loyal, though!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2669 on: October 18, 2016, 02:35:11 am »

((Nah, we recruiting a god to help us wage bloody war on the god-king of the multiverse.))
He says he's already done that, so that's unlikely:
"So, little living things, what is it that you want? No one comes to me unless they want something, after all.  If it is the death of others you desire, I'll tell you now that I'll have no part in such a thing. My days of conquest are long behind and death ceased to thrill me long ago."
So unless you manage to make one of those action movie cliches where the main character is reluctant but then his home is destroyed and he's forced into a quest for safety and revenge... (Hopefully, it will be revenge against your enemies and not you.)

Then again, belief is a strange thing. What happens when people start spreading a story about you, but suddenly two conflicting sides of that story develop? How do the infinite heavens resolve that conflict? Could they create a Jekyll & Hyde sort of situation? Or could you wake up one day only to find the legend that you've become staring down at you, his blade on your neck? Would you fight to kill something that is both you but also abhorrently different from you? Would you kill what you believe to be all the lies and misunderstandings every person has about you given form?
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 241