Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334361 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #2820 on: November 13, 2016, 12:53:05 am »

"Hmm. The question is simply which is most convincing, or which plays the most into people's preconceived notions of wizards. I think that I shall be silent around new people unless addressed directly, and if someone asks, you can explain."
"Seems agreeable."

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: November 13, 2016, 02:03:40 am »

Throw a bit of tantrum for my request being ignored and nibble finger of Most Beautiful.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: November 13, 2016, 03:26:52 am »

((On a bit of a meta level, does anyone have anything they want to accomplish with the Most-Beautiful and his tribes before we resume our road-trip? I'm mainly sticking around at the moment to find out more about the Conquering King and hopefully cut a deal with him that'll be very beneficial for the both of us. The both being me and him, and by me subsequently Egan and then the rest of you by trickle-down faith economics. Barring anything else happening/being necessitated, I'm not opposed to moving on right after then if anyone wants to.))
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: November 13, 2016, 03:35:01 am »

"Seems agreeable."
"Yes, agreed."

((On a bit of a meta level, does anyone have anything they want to accomplish with the Most-Beautiful and his tribes before we resume our road-trip? I'm mainly sticking around at the moment to find out more about the Conquering King and hopefully cut a deal with him that'll be very beneficial for the both of us. The both being me and him, and by me subsequently Egan and then the rest of you by trickle-down faith economics. Barring anything else happening/being necessitated, I'm not opposed to moving on right after then if anyone wants to.))
((I was thinking about asking if we could take part in whatever Most Beautiful has planned next. Of course, he might have no use for us in particular, and his plans might be a little more long-term than is appropriate for our little RTD. Still, I like the guy and wouldn't mind taking a few jobs from him. He might be the most benevolent god we're likely to meet.))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: November 13, 2016, 01:04:00 pm »

((He might be the most benevolent god we're likely to meet.))
((A definite outlier in the Pantheon, for sure. Sebastian wants attention and adulation. The Most Beautiful is a means to that, btu Sebastian has had no contact with him, and no awarenes of the discussions being carried out anywhere but the War Beast, since that's where he is))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2825 on: November 13, 2016, 06:36:26 pm »

"Well, that was.... interesting. Hey, Engine dude! Any luck controlling this thing?"

See if the warbeast is still unresponsive.
"Indeed I do.  Exactly what happened there? Chariots of Fire are not a common sight in these far flung locales."

Sebastian returns the hug and hobbles around comically oin his stick, occasionally falling into a tumble and coming more or less upright when he does.
Then, he looks out at the hill again. What new info can he learn about it now that events have evented?
He will keep up a litany of storytelling the whole time, hopefully amusing his fellow survivors while exaggerating his own near death experience into a vast cosmic battle. Since he has no information at all concerning everyone else's parts, his own will naturally be central.

@Yoink: I missed where your charcer hugged mine last round. oops.

You examine the scene. The trees are gone, thats for sure. Theres some kind of crater over there, and there's some man talking to xan who is literally full of holes. Oh and Xan appears to be on fire.
[1]
You make up a very unbelievable story that involves space raptors, laser pants and a cat harem.  Everyone in earshot gives you a rather sarcastic look.

"Oh, would you think? I supposed that they disfigured themselves so that they do not accidentally approach the title of Most Beautiful. So if anyone comes along who isn't especially ugly, that seems like blasphemy. You're saying they simply have unusual standards of beauty? How ethnographically curious! Reminds me of those fellows in Darkest Africa, really."

"In any case, before we leave, do you have any bones here? Luxurious ones, perhaps, that you wouldn't mind handing over for a good cause?"

"Do you have any meat? Raw and hopefully fresh?" The Most Beautiful replies after a moment.

"What is your history with the King, in that case? Seeing as even a lower courtier has that amount of power, if I'm going to find the First Heaven I'm undoubtedly going to run into some more of his agents. I'd like to know more about them, and him. Come, we'll bring you back to the tribes on our warbeast. I don't think you'll want to excersise much faith-based power until you've healed yourself a little."

Offer to transport him back to his dudes on the warbeast (which is hopefully working now that the courtier guy's dead). Chit-chat more.
"I was a tactician, a very long time ago.  But they have grown in power immensely since my days, it seems. I fear I have little knowledge of their current empire; though if you were inclined I'm sure you could find out more by heading deeper into his territory. The man I knew may have grown to be a tyrant, but he would never be the kind of madman to slaughter harmless travelers."

The most beautiful squints up at the warbeast.

"Though that might attract some attention.  And I think I'd like to walk there myself. It has been many years since I have walked anywhere. My legs are feeling rather stiff."

Dianne sits up, and begins to sing.
Begin singing about this whole mess.
[3]
You sing a rather offkey and shaky  song about almost dying and how things don't make sense anymore.

"Well!" cried Dave.  "I believe in you, buddy!  You could teach our friend Xan here a few tricks!  He knows a little, sure, but that was amazing!"

Believe in this guy.  Also probably take another sip of water.  Then follow Xan around.

The Most Beautiful looks at you and then back to Xan.

"You've got a bit of the song of the people, don't you?  The trick I will give you is this: The song of the people is an epic about the final battle of a hero.  And it ends with his  heroic death.  The power of the song grows greater nearer to the end, but any who continue to its end will die in an echo of the hero's tale. Use it wisely and with great caution."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 13, 2016, 06:59:09 pm »

"Hmm. Leave the singing to the pros, dear."

Sing an improved version of Diane's song.

((Here's a thought: if I continually appear a mindless automata, I might actually become that, thus dying permanently, without any respawning nonsense. If you think of this place as a hell, that might be a good thing.))
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 13, 2016, 07:21:06 pm »

"But...but...MY SPOTLIGHT! I WAS MEANT TO BE SOMETHING IN MOTOWN. NOW I'M HERE!"
Sob about how my fame is gone.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 13, 2016, 07:24:47 pm »

"This is the perfect place to get famous. Just stick with Xan here and people will know your face before you can count to three.
Huh. Maybe fame isn't all it's hyped up to be. Just more people who want to kill you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 13, 2016, 07:34:21 pm »

"My thanks for the advice, though I do not intend to lock myself into a narrative guaranteed to end in my death. I'll keep that in mind.

If you don't mind, I'll walk with you; I have a proposition that may benefit the both of us a good deal, if you're interested."

Offer a deal... also check over my physical appearance. Did I get altered at all by the whole 'catch the explosion' thing?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 09:24:08 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: November 13, 2016, 07:35:05 pm »

Dianna glares.
"Because that's exactly what I'm looking for. You're being sooooo encouraging right now."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 13, 2016, 07:47:11 pm »

"Just thinking to myself. You know, a fan of mine ended my real life."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: November 13, 2016, 07:54:24 pm »

I'mma hop down and runhobble over to the group around the holy guy and bullshit.

Hey guys! I did it! I beat the evil trees! Who's the new guy? Hey, what's with the glass? Did any of you happen to see a leg around here? I kinda lost one somehow. Boy, I nbet it was that cat harem from space. Those ladies were H.O.T., hot.

((honestly, I'm a little surprised that I woke up when I did. Glad that coma wasn't as enduring as it could have been.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: November 13, 2016, 08:07:33 pm »

"Hang on, I shall look!"

Search for some raw meat that nobody would miss.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: November 13, 2016, 10:57:54 pm »

"Your guess is as good as mine. I ran as soon as the weird possessions and shit started happening."

Talky
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 241