Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334424 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #2805 on: November 12, 2016, 04:42:06 am »

Dianne begins to dramatically wail as she writhes on the deck.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: November 12, 2016, 05:09:30 am »

"Now that just seems melodramatic."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: November 12, 2016, 05:13:05 am »

"But what else can I do?! Live my feelings through song?"
Dianne beings to open her mouth to sing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: November 12, 2016, 11:16:46 am »

"You gonna be okay, buddy?"

Poke prod poke prod

((Dave certainly is gaining respect for Xan's power.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2809 on: November 12, 2016, 04:06:04 pm »

((Fakeedit: We're just Xan's entourage. :P))
((I'd watch the fabulous adventures of magical girl Xan-chan and his entourage in their quest to burn the first heaven in order to gain its power.

I'd enjoy it because every episode teaches you an important lesson. Like, 'Don't trust tourist maps'. 'Believe in Redneck alligator Santa'. 'Don't turn into fruit'. 'Don't trust trees'.))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 04:09:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2810 on: November 12, 2016, 04:33:39 pm »

Mr. Bird performs a cursory examination of the godlike chap what got himself stabbed.

"Say! That looks quite painful there. Is it going to last, do you think? Or are you likely to reassemble at a point when nobody's looking? I'm a little new to this theomechanics business, you see."

Query on whether being the Most Beautiful applies to this guy by default or necessarily by belief - would him being called and known by that name maintain his beauty? Can you maintain a subjective thing like that? Or does that mean that he shifts to match the eye of the beholder? If that's the case, is it possible that he could turn into a rather wonderful-looking bearded vulture if none of these other yobs were watching?
"It depends upon what my people think of me. Their notions of beauty are rather unique, wouldn't you say?"

"I'd offer to help, but my power works off of sacrifice, and at the moment I've nothing and no one I'm willing to destroy. Instead, I would like some answers, seeing as the present threat is over. Who was that? I'm currently assuming he was some sort of herald for the Great Conquering King that I've previously heard mention of as having built the Hellway. You evidently have some sort of history with him?"

Yep, more questions.
"Herald? Hm. Assassin more like. I think, in reality, that might have just been a junior cartographer. Star-teller maybe. The King seems to have very little faith in me anymore. Then again, he underestimated me by only a slight degree" He looks down at his injuries. "I should be thankful that my people believe me harder to kill than I thought. But it is telling. Had he considered me enough of a threat to send something more dangerous than some lower courtier, I doubt I would have survived. New plans must be drafted for the future."

Continue tagging along. Maybe acquire a crutch.
You find a bit of stick to lean on.

((There were only superficial similarities. The burning was of his opponent, and it was powered by his song and that of the tribes. His song ground their enemies to dust and all that. The fact that his arm got burnt off is more because of him protecting his people from those star bombs the Herald fired.

Ultimately his powers are based around song and myth he nurtured in the tribes, and mine seem to be forming into an exaggerated form of thermodynamics - I take energy out of one thing and put it into another.))
((You seem to be the only character who is developing any sort of skill, talent, or strength.))
He's been working hard to do so. Admittedly, you actually do have one now, though it might not be terribly obvious.

Exit the foetal position, come out of hiding and look around.
Give the cat a big hug to express my joy at his (and my, for that matter!) continued survival.

((Fakeedit: We're just Xan's entourage. :P))
You hug the kitty who yells about his leg and then demands to know what happened while simultaneously taking credit for it. 

"*sigh*, I don't know what's real anymore."
Lie down on the deck.
You lay down on the deck, resting your head  in your arms and staring up at the still stormy sky.  Things like this never happened when you were alive.

Ryan hasn't been around long enough to really understand dangers of hot glass, so he bites a piece of it anyway.
After that he goes bother The Most Beautiful and asks in his most innocent tone:
"Can I have your heart?"
[5]
You pick up a piece of the cooling glass and gently press it between your teeth. It only takes a few moments for you to recognize it as inedible and toss it away with a reptilian hiss.

"You gonna be okay, buddy?"

Poke prod poke prod

((Dave certainly is gaining respect for Xan's power.))
"In time." He says , pushing himself back onto his feet with some difficulty. "For now, I have to see about my people. It has been a long time since I visited them; renewing their faith in me now would be beneficial to us both, I believe."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: November 12, 2016, 05:26:16 pm »

"Well, that was.... interesting. Hey, Engine dude! Any luck controlling this thing?"

See if the warbeast is still unresponsive.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: November 12, 2016, 05:40:18 pm »

Sebastian returns the hug and hobbles around comically oin his stick, occasionally falling into a tumble and coming more or less upright when he does.
Then, he looks out at the hill again. What new info can he learn about it now that events have evented?
He will keep up a litany of storytelling the whole time, hopefully amusing his fellow survivors while exaggerating his own near death experience into a vast cosmic battle. Since he has no information at all concerning everyone else's parts, his own will naturally be central.

@Yoink: I missed where your charcer hugged mine last round. oops.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: November 12, 2016, 05:45:16 pm »

"Oh, would you think? I supposed that they disfigured themselves so that they do not accidentally approach the title of Most Beautiful. So if anyone comes along who isn't especially ugly, that seems like blasphemy. You're saying they simply have unusual standards of beauty? How ethnographically curious! Reminds me of those fellows in Darkest Africa, really."

"In any case, before we leave, do you have any bones here? Luxurious ones, perhaps, that you wouldn't mind handing over for a good cause?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: November 12, 2016, 09:09:26 pm »

"What is your history with the King, in that case? Seeing as even a lower courtier has that amount of power, if I'm going to find the First Heaven I'm undoubtedly going to run into some more of his agents. I'd like to know more about them, and him. Come, we'll bring you back to the tribes on our warbeast. I don't think you'll want to excersise much faith-based power until you've healed yourself a little."

Offer to transport him back to his dudes on the warbeast (which is hopefully working now that the courtier guy's dead). Chit-chat more.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: November 12, 2016, 09:21:29 pm »

To Xan:
"I've thought some about your burgeoning legend, and I think it would be beneficial to both of us if I appeared to be your familiar. By appearing to have animated a moving construct, you appear to have more power to new people, and by associating myself with you, I will gain power as well. It seems to me like a useful lie."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: November 12, 2016, 09:29:13 pm »

To Xan:
"I've thought some about your burgeoning legend, and I think it would be beneficial to both of us if I appeared to be your familiar. By appearing to have animated a moving construct, you appear to have more power to new people, and by associating myself with you, I will gain power as well. It seems to me like a useful lie."
Xankarvo nods.
"A mutually beneficial arrangement. Do you think I should refer to you as such, or will you take care of that aspect?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: November 12, 2016, 09:33:39 pm »

"Hmm. The question is simply which is most convincing, or which plays the most into people's preconceived notions of wizards. I think that I shall be silent around new people unless addressed directly, and if someone asks, you can explain."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: November 12, 2016, 10:00:18 pm »

Dianne sits up, and begins to sing.
Begin singing about this whole mess.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: November 12, 2016, 11:27:12 pm »

"Well!" cried Dave.  "I believe in you, buddy!  You could teach our friend Xan here a few tricks!  He knows a little, sure, but that was amazing!"

Believe in this guy.  Also probably take another sip of water.  Then follow Xan around.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 241