Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334415 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #2940 on: December 07, 2016, 12:07:09 am »

((Huh, endlessly recursive idols. Cool, if unlikely to be useful.))

Unless there's objection from others, I vote to move on.
A lot of these places are gonna be weird but not terribly useful for much.

Or maybe they all have hidden features!

Or not.
((True, that's a lot of the fun of it. If I were there, I'd likely still be somewhere in the starting hell, exploring like a demented Skyrim player. However, Xan's the one in the driver's seat, and Xan wants to metastasize his legend sooner rather than later.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: December 07, 2016, 12:11:57 am »

"There actually are trees here, you know."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: December 07, 2016, 06:42:01 am »

Dionne gazes at the idols, while she sits atop the Warbeast. "You sure we should be touching these statues?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: December 07, 2016, 09:56:07 am »

"Avast and hark, ye fine chaps! I spy an abandoned camp over yonder!"

Let's not move yet! First check the old camp!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: December 07, 2016, 12:22:50 pm »

"Adventure! Solve the mystery 'Who was there?'!"

To the mystery camp! Explore around and bite everything that's not teammate.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: December 07, 2016, 08:27:45 pm »

"There actually are trees here, you know."
Well, none of them are trying to eat my brains, yet, is all I mean. Still you should probably keep an eye on them anyway. Never can tell with trees. They might be aligned with the birds, you know."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2946 on: December 07, 2016, 10:06:32 pm »

It's all idols, all the way down! Good news is, there are no evil trees here! Hey, I bet we cold make a fortune selling these things! help me collect some!

Sebastian grabs up fistfuls of the finger sized idols and the idolsand, and sees if hte warbeast will pick up a bigger one - human sized or ten foot tall or whatever, to put up on his back. Then Sebastian will come up and be ready to move on, telling of his remarkable feat in discovering such a wonderful and rare archaeological find.

((well, at leastthis (1) didn't have significant negative effects.))

You scoop up a double handful of sand and stones and then, once the warbeast has picked you back up, ask the engine spirit to grab a larger stone. It recommends against a 10 foot one, considering the weight, and you instead settle an a thin looking 4 foot tall one. The war beast grabs it in one hand and carefully places it on the deck.

"Adventure! Solve the mystery 'Who was there?'!"

To the mystery camp! Explore around and bite everything that's not teammate.
"Avast and hark, ye fine chaps! I spy an abandoned camp over yonder!"

Let's not move yet! First check the old camp!
The Bird swoops down and picks up his reptilian friend, and together they fly out to the abandoned camp sight.  The site is clearly one of some significance; the ground has been cleared down to the idol sand in a large circle, at the center of which is a fire pit with a ring of larger stones around it. Around the fire pit are several large, long, and skinny stones that have been laid on their side to act as seats around the fire. Both Mr. Bird and his birdbrained friend pick through the camp, finding the remnants of food, a few bits of rope, and other signs of habitation. It's hard to tell when the camp was last used, but it seems like the sort of thing that wasn't made by a single group. Rather it was probably set up and then used by several people over time.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: December 07, 2016, 10:35:05 pm »

I examine my four foot acquisition carefully, learning its appearance and details. Then, if the bird and deathclaw hang around the campsite this turn, I will join them and examine everything. See what I can see. If they return to the beast, though, I will stay with the group.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: December 08, 2016, 12:22:01 am »

While we're here, look around and see if any of the stones resemble anyone I've met so far, or myself.

Also surreptitiously examine myself to see if I'm undergoing any changes based on my legend being spread to the Most-Beautiful's lot.
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: December 08, 2016, 02:50:17 am »

If bits of rope are any useable length, loot them. It's gonna be beginning of my treasure hoard. Also pick up one head sized idol to watch over my treasures. All this stuff goes naturally on warbeast's back.

"It's a mystery camp! Nobody knows who made it, but it was used by many! Who will solve this mystery?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: December 08, 2016, 02:53:38 am »

Can I take a nap? I might have said before whether or not I sleep? Take a nap.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2951 on: December 16, 2016, 11:04:25 pm »

I examine my four foot acquisition carefully, learning its appearance and details. Then, if the bird and deathclaw hang around the campsite this turn, I will join them and examine everything. See what I can see. If they return to the beast, though, I will stay with the group.
You look over the statue...rock....thing. Its not a human its depicting, it's some sort of weird...you're not really sure It might be an alien? Its a coiled snake like body with a 6 part head like thing that kind of looks like a spreading flower, an there are tons of thin coiled tendrils branching off the main body. Or maybe thats just artistic? Who can say. You poke at it a bit and it seems to be normal stone, not alive by any means at least. Still, you feel something is a bit strange about this.  There's a distant hint of FAITH about this thing, like a smell you can't quite place.

While we're here, look around and see if any of the stones resemble anyone I've met so far, or myself.

Also surreptitiously examine myself to see if I'm undergoing any changes based on my legend being spread to the Most-Beautiful's lot.

You feel the same as before, but you really didn't give the scarred tribes any sort of physical characteristics to exaggerate. Maybe your fire generating powers are stronger? It might be smart to check that out...

You wander around in the area near the war beast, checking through the statues, both great and small. Most of them look like...well like weird alien bullshit. You find a few buff bearded zeus or odin looking guys, but their statues never get outside the garden gnome range. And no, none of you or anyone you know.

Can I take a nap? I might have said before whether or not I sleep? Take a nap.
Nappy Ball

If bits of rope are any useable length, loot them. It's gonna be beginning of my treasure hoard. Also pick up one head sized idol to watch over my treasures. All this stuff goes naturally on warbeast's back.

"It's a mystery camp! Nobody knows who made it, but it was used by many! Who will solve this mystery?"
You gather up a claw full of descent sized rope and a reasonably sized idol of some sort of screaming monkey god thing. You carry it all back to the war beast and stash them in a corner of the living quarters.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: December 17, 2016, 01:54:05 pm »

Return to Xan briefly.

"Say, good chap, I see there's fire pit out there by the campsite! Try setting a fire there, will you? And make it last! Maybe leave a message as well, eh?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: December 17, 2016, 02:56:20 pm »

Elder Thing(ish) statues, PW? That's ... interesting.

Retroactive good luck on your finals, by the by.

Return to Xan briefly.

"Say, good chap, I see there's fire pit out there by the campsite! Try setting a fire there, will you? And make it last! Maybe leave a message as well, eh?"
"I will take that as a suggestion instead of the command it was phrased as. Do watch your tongue in the future."

Fire pit? Perfect opportunity to test out my fire powers!
Stand well back before I begin.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:43:15 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: December 17, 2016, 04:32:01 pm »

Hover over Xan's shoulder and observe blowtorch.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 241