Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334297 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #2985 on: December 26, 2016, 03:34:02 pm »

"Ignore the cat, it is a moron."
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: December 26, 2016, 05:53:29 pm »

"Indeed I am. The orb speaks the truth about the cat, by the by, it only craves attention out of a fractured sense of self-worth or something.

I'd be interested in many things, depending on what they are. What do you have?"

((Hmm. Has anyone ever PM'd Comrade P about this game? I know he (John, that is, not Comrade himself) did spend a long time near-dead at one point and it's easy to sometimes forget that games are a thing when you're in that state.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: December 26, 2016, 09:00:03 pm »

"To be perfectly honest, good chap, I'm having a hard time finding anything at all valuable on this road. I am not at all like the Great Xankarvo, for instance, who finds great wonder in any and all things he beholds."

"More pertinently, I'm having trouble finding that bit of starting belief capital in my own amazing nature, you see! Not that I am not amazing, simply not so in a way that brings blood, fire and death upon my enemies. I never was a wizard, would you perhaps have some kind of token I could use to grant myself magical powers? Or some kind of magnificent bone I could place in my gullet to grok its magical marrow?"

"Failing that, have any blood to spare? I do have a plant that needs regular water or blood - I do suspect blood's a bit better though. Ooh! Or a beak-operable bladed watering can so that I may swoop upon fleshlings and harvest their blood for later use. Wouldn't happen to have come across one of those?"

See if he's maybe got some kind of blood harvesting/disgorging implement that I could use for my eldritch gardening. It seems entirely plausible to me that he would, after all.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: December 27, 2016, 04:00:32 am »

"Your hand then?" Puppy eyes "You can have all these rocks."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: December 29, 2016, 10:35:28 pm »

"Hello there!  Heard of the Most Beautiful?  He blessed me so any water I drink turns into alcohol!  Quite nice!"

Demonstrate.
How do you demonstrate that?

By drinking some water.  Dave's not the brightest fellow.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2990 on: January 02, 2017, 12:12:42 pm »

Still having errors with this thing and quotes.

EGAN
For some reason in my head comrade P became Comrade Pyro.

Huh...too bad he wandered off. He was a good player and he updated our wiki!

OZ
"Uh...well little feller I got something that might wet your whistle both ways. I've actually been trying to get rid o' the thing 'cuz I can't find no use fer it. I think you might like it."

He digs around in his sack and pulls out a large blue ball. It looks like its made of hard plastic, and it has a pretty big opening on the top. He sets it down and you look inside. Inside the ball, the entire inner surface is lined with human hands. 

"Guys that made it used it to keep something contained. Something tha' had to be kept touched all the time. But I think if yah hop it it might pet ya good."

Xan
((its a good question. I forget exactly what happened beyond him being transplanted into a deer man.))
"Well sir, thats a lot. Maybe narrow it down a bit by catagory or a vague desire?"

HARRY AND AO
"I think I got sumting you'd both like."

He digs in his sack and picks out what kind of looks like a very odd jar. It's a ceramic figure of a human laying on their back, with their stomach hugely swollen, forming a jar. Theres a little circular outie belly button for a handle on the top, and a circular lid .

"This here is a corpus jar. It will make more of whatever organic thing you put into it.  Limb dealers hate'em."

TOASTER
You drink a big gulp of water and then yell "Ta-Da!"

He seems...mildly confused.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 12:18:40 pm by piecewise »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: January 02, 2017, 01:39:24 pm »

"Ah, forgive me. I forget where I am sometimes and what that truly means, how it affects even things like this. Perhaps you have more wizardly items with you, or something that aids my prowess with flames?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: January 02, 2017, 04:25:59 pm »

Sebastian climbs right in the handball. If he fits, and isn't immediately torn to pieces or trapped, he compliments his "minion" on his choice, and then carries the ball to a corner ofa room on the warbeast. If, on the other hand, he is torn to pieces, well, then he tries to not be dead. if trapped, he yowls loudly and repeatedly until freed.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: January 02, 2017, 04:28:16 pm »

"Excellent, sir! Would you be willing to part with this wonderful invention? It's for a good cause, I assure you."

If not, what does he want in return?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: January 02, 2017, 04:57:10 pm »

Hyenakles scratches his chin. "You have any necromantic stuff in that sack of yours?"

Because that worked so well for me in that other game

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: January 03, 2017, 01:09:09 am »

"You happen to have any spare Bodies that I could stick my brain into? Being a crystal ball all the time gets old fast."

Dammit, PW. At least Redneck Alligator Santa is nice, and doesn't give me trapped presents.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: January 03, 2017, 02:17:55 am »

"Neat, huh?  Say, got anything that'll, uh, make me bigger?  I find my size isn't really impressive right now, ya know what I mean?"

Accidentally ask for wrong thing
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: January 03, 2017, 02:56:09 am »

"Excellent, sir! Would you be willing to part with this wonderful invention? It's for a good cause, I assure you."

Ryan salivates.

"You can have his legs!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2998 on: January 03, 2017, 12:31:31 pm »

"Ah, forgive me. I forget where I am sometimes and what that truly means, how it affects even things like this. Perhaps you have more wizardly items with you, or something that aids my prowess with flames?"
Now, do you need a fire source or are ya good on that front?

Sebastian climbs right in the handball. If he fits, and isn't immediately torn to pieces or trapped, he compliments his "minion" on his choice, and then carries the ball to a corner ofa room on the warbeast. If, on the other hand, he is torn to pieces, well, then he tries to not be dead. if trapped, he yowls loudly and repeatedly until freed.
The ball is big enough for you to fit into easily, and once inside you are kept floating on a cushion of pets and scratches. It is quite nice.

You crawl out and promptly carry your prize back up to a corner of the war beast.

Ryan salivates.

"You can have his legs!"

Santa backs up a few paces from  the deathclaw  before speaking to mister bird.

"Hmm. Its a pretty valuable thing, also probably illegal most places. What have ya got to trade?"

Hyenakles scratches his chin. "You have any necromantic stuff in that sack of yours?"

Because that worked so well for me in that other game
"I got a bag of zombie mice. Not entirely sure where I got those...or why. But I have em!"

"You happen to have any spare Bodies that I could stick my brain into? Being a crystal ball all the time gets old fast."

Dammit, PW. At least Redneck Alligator Santa is nice, and doesn't give me trapped presents.
"Whole spare bodies? Maybe. You looking for humanoid or something else?"

"Neat, huh?  Say, got anything that'll, uh, make me bigger?  I find my size isn't really impressive right now, ya know what I mean?"

Accidentally ask for wrong thing
"I've got this one weird trick. Doctors hate it.  But if you wanna grow, I gots some candy that will do ya.  It don't last forever, but the effects are pretty good. Keep ya compact except when ya need to be big. Heh."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: January 03, 2017, 12:57:02 pm »

"That's not quite what I had in mind... Perhaps I should explain. I lost someone very dear to me recently. I want to rescuer them from whatever pocket of this hell they ended up in."

Talky
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 241