Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 334287 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: Lost gods and Unspoken histories
« Reply #3075 on: January 20, 2017, 08:00:41 pm »

Ask for one of those pills, I could probably liquefy it and inject it into my brain or something along those lines.
I'll just give ya one.

Now then, Santa departs and we return to our regularly scheduled program. Mr. kitty was attempting to draw out the thing that was in the stone. And he rolled unfortunately well. And he has a certain power that was granted to him by group faith and ideas about what he does and is and...etc.

So he did that with a single sand grain sized idol huh? I can dig it.

From the single grain of sand, which was left laying on the deck, something emerges. It starts as a glowing speck, like an ember. but grows rapidly, pouring out of the grain. Within a few seconds, a man stands on the deck, wreathed in the cinders of his sudden incarnation. Man is perhaps the wrong word; it looks something like a man, but is not. It is 9 feet tall, humanoid in stance and covered in a crab-like exoskeleton, with 4 arms and legs that branch at the knee into tripod like appendages. Its head is missing, repaced with nothing but a long, singular tentacle that shimmers and glows internally with endless colors. In one hand it holds a spear, and on the opposite side it holds a bow, with a quiver of arrows strapped to its hip. It seems confused and its writhing tendril head whips around in a jittery fashion.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: January 20, 2017, 09:10:39 pm »

Now, that isa fine looking minion! Hey fellas! Which of you dinosaur dragon thingies wants a rider! Which of you can shoot rainbows out of his eyes?

Eyes aglow with excitement, Sebastian welcomes his new minion and encourages him to mount up on one of his other minions (the triceratops or deathclaw, I forget which is Dave and which is ... the other one) while Sebastian himself will mount up on the other in dramatic fashion.

((oh, I am laughing. Though disaster may befall, that was beautiful, and perfectly suited to Sebastian's attitude and expectations.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: January 20, 2017, 09:25:50 pm »

"What the- Shit. No no no, not good.

Hello, lobster person! Kindly ignore the cat thing, it's simply deluded itself into thinking that it's summoned you. KTHNKSBYE."

Hide behind a nice rock or something.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: January 20, 2017, 09:45:44 pm »

I DID! I DID SUMMON HIM! You all saw it! I summoned him and he is beautiful! All my minions are pretty cool, and all of them are very large, aren't you guys?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3079 on: January 20, 2017, 11:17:16 pm »

The tentacle man says

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: January 21, 2017, 12:24:59 am »

a crab-like exoskeleton

"Oh fuck no, not again. nopenopenope."

Hide behind Hue hiding behind a nice rock.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: January 21, 2017, 07:56:15 am »

"OH GOD A SEA MONSTER"

Nope off to a far corner of the warbeast.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: January 21, 2017, 08:05:18 am »

Xankarvo looks at the creature, then to Sebastian. Then back to the creature, then back to Sebastian. His lips press together tightly for a moment.

"I'm going to skin you when this is over if it turns out as badly as I think it may."

He then turns to address the tentacle guy.

"Being from the idol! I am Xankarvo. Know our tongue, and we may communicate."

Hopefully if it's exposed to enough of our tongue it might learn it?
Ask my scarred cultists what they know of this place that might be relevant to the situation. Be ready to duck and run if the thing turns hostile.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: January 21, 2017, 11:13:42 am »

Circle and ponder whether eviscerating Sebastian would be more useful than attempting to go full can opener on the tentacle guy.

Well, maybe that's not really necessary, considering he's got his rude tentacle out like that. But start working out an attack plan just in case anyway.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3084 on: January 21, 2017, 02:43:30 pm »

Now, that isa fine looking minion! Hey fellas! Which of you dinosaur dragon thingies wants a rider! Which of you can shoot rainbows out of his eyes?

Eyes aglow with excitement, Sebastian welcomes his new minion and encourages him to mount up on one of his other minions (the triceratops or deathclaw, I forget which is Dave and which is ... the other one) while Sebastian himself will mount up on the other in dramatic fashion.

((oh, I am laughing. Though disaster may befall, that was beautiful, and perfectly suited to Sebastian's attitude and expectations.))
You clap your hands in a fit of glee and immediately jump on dave's back.

"MOUNT UP AND MOVE OUT MINION! YEHAW!"

The tentacle man...well you're not really sure if he looks at you because he has no visible eyes, but he certainly doesn't mount up. He really doesn't seem to do anything other an stand around.

"What the- Shit. No no no, not good.

Hello, lobster person! Kindly ignore the cat thing, it's simply deluded itself into thinking that it's summoned you. KTHNKSBYE."

Hide behind a nice rock or something.
a crab-like exoskeleton

"Oh fuck no, not again. nopenopenope."

Hide behind Hue hiding behind a nice rock.
You both run and hide under the beds in the crew area of the warbeast.

"OH GOD A SEA MONSTER"

Nope off to a far corner of the warbeast.
You, and by extention the cat thing who is on your back, run off and hide behind the pilot's chair of the warbeast.

Circle and ponder whether eviscerating Sebastian would be more useful than attempting to go full can opener on the tentacle guy.

Well, maybe that's not really necessary, considering he's got his rude tentacle out like that. But start working out an attack plan just in case anyway.

[3]
You're not really sure if killing sebastian would help. The cat seems to be a conduit of bad times but nothing more. Killing the doorway doesn't send the demon back. In fact, it might make it impossible to banish.

Xankarvo looks at the creature, then to Sebastian. Then back to the creature, then back to Sebastian. His lips press together tightly for a moment.

"I'm going to skin you when this is over if it turns out as badly as I think it may."

He then turns to address the tentacle guy.

"Being from the idol! I am Xankarvo. Know our tongue, and we may communicate."

Hopefully if it's exposed to enough of our tongue it might learn it?
Ask my scarred cultists what they know of this place that might be relevant to the situation. Be ready to duck and run if the thing turns hostile.

[1]
You discover a few interesting things about the crab man. The first being that apparently its limbs are double jointed because you approach it from what you think is its back and it promptly flexes two arms backwards, draws and fires an arrow at you. Specifically, it shoots you right through your foot and pins you to the deck. You drop to your knees and start swearing as quietly and non-threateningly as you can.

"Please stop doing that, Mr. Alien guy. I like these feet."

The Crab man walks over to the edge of the deck and is either looking out into the distance or down  towards the ground below. Again, it's really hard to tell where a thing with no distinguishable features is looking.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: January 21, 2017, 04:52:00 pm »

Get the crab tentacle guy from the side - swoop down and sever his tentacle with a wingblade slash! If there's a spurt of blood, collect it for later use.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: January 21, 2017, 06:22:25 pm »

No, no. Dave, you got it all wrong. this is not how to pose dramatically. You gotta stand tall and proud, and, most importantly of all, Visibly! They gotta see you. Now quit shaking, there is nothing to fear. This is but another minion. Guys, Guys! no need for that. We can get our new crewmate to demonstrate his skills on something else, you know!

Sebastian exhorts Dave to take a more assertive stance. He then moves back out to the front of the warbeast, back up onto his four foot idol, and addresses his special guest:

That was a good shot, minion. No, we can't call such a fine specimen as yourself minion. Let's see, a name suitable for a chitinous tentacled archer of some size ... Captain Crabmeat! Come on, Captain Crabmeat. That was a good shot, but you shouldn't attack the crew. They're on your side!

What are you looking at, Captain Crabmeat? Oh? Wonder where we are? This is the epicenter of my vast domain, so far. No, there are no hostiles here to shoot, but if we move along to the next area, we can find you plenty of targets. Plus, we're eventually going to cloud hell and hunting sky beetles, so there's that.

You want down?

The preceding conversation is in part an attempt to direct our guest's attention toward other parts of the superhell, mostly because Sebastian wants to go there, but also because it helps if our friends are not fighting each other.

Sebastian attempts to get the warbeast to raise a forepaw to offer our guest a ride down to the ground.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: January 21, 2017, 06:27:21 pm »

"Hmm. Proximity was the only trigger. I suspect it knows as little of here as we do."

Take the arrow out of my foot and heal-cauterize the wound with my magical flame powers if it's bleeding badly. Don't initiate further hostility with the tentacle lobster dude.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: January 21, 2017, 07:19:21 pm »

openopenopenopen
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: January 22, 2017, 02:48:06 am »

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING!"

Pray and hide behind something.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 241