Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335746 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3120 on: January 24, 2017, 06:37:34 pm »

"Remember to use the energy from burning the cat for something. Waste not, you know."
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: January 24, 2017, 06:38:18 pm »

"...time to test an old idiom."

Do something really painful and fire-related but non-lethal to Mr. Whiskers here. To preempt possibly needed clarification: yeah magical, unless doing this regularly would have a lesser chance of failure. Not getting too fancy, that's for the imminent future.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:57:37 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: January 24, 2017, 07:42:20 pm »

"There better not be any cat burning while I'm standing on a wooden platform and holding the damn thing. You wanna execute him, go ahead, but don't kill all of us in the process."

If Xan appears to be doing anything recklessly stupid, Hyenakles will take whatever reflexive actions he can to avoid personally injury and/or another death.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: January 24, 2017, 08:55:13 pm »

Stay out of the way of friendly fire.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: January 24, 2017, 11:49:06 pm »

"Wheee!" Ryan screams happily when sent into air. After failed landing he takes few seconds to gather his breath.

"He's strong!" He's strong. "His heart is mine!" His heart is mine. I refuse to let such wonderful dinner away. Stabby stabby! Perhaps I even figure what I broke in the progress.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3125 on: January 25, 2017, 09:27:10 pm »

Feed some (but not all!) of my Xanblood to my beautiful plant so it can grow big and strong and magical. Watch like an excited child for any profound changes in its behavior.
You water...well you blood your plant and then sit and watch it grow. After a few moments a tiny, pale white but sprouts up out of the dirt and grows up just enough to shoot out two little leaves that look like bony hands.

Dionne walks over to Xan, looking at his wound. "What the hell did you do to yourself? Here, let me help."
Try to bandage Xan's wound or something.
[1]
"Wait! I KNOW WHAT TO DO!" You run and grab the nearest stone idol that you can carry and proceed to drop it straight onto Xan's foot.  He collapses to the ground, screaming.

"Hmm. Maybe if I did it again..."

I'll let you in on a little secret. Lean closer. Closer. Sebastian whispers conspiratorially Unicorns aren't real.

Sebastian will resist attempts to harm him and will attempt to escape when teammates become hostile.
[5] You squirm out of Hyenankle's grip and scamper away as Xan is once again incapacitated by attempts at first aid. You scuttle past the bird and hide under a bed in the crew quarters.

"...time to test an old idiom."

Do something really painful and fire-related but non-lethal to Mr. Whiskers here. To preempt possibly needed clarification: yeah magical, unless doing this regularly would have a lesser chance of failure. Not getting too fancy, that's for the imminent future.
You spend the turn rolling around on the ground yelling at the universe for this current string of bad luck.

"CAN WE GO BACK TO 6's YET!?"

Stay out of the way of friendly fire.
"There better not be any cat burning while I'm standing on a wooden platform and holding the damn thing. You wanna execute him, go ahead, but don't kill all of us in the process."

If Xan appears to be doing anything recklessly stupid, Hyenakles will take whatever reflexive actions he can to avoid personally injury and/or another death.
You both stand around and watch as Xan rolls around the deck, dodging further bolder based attempts to heal his foot. It's fucking hysterical, to be honest.

"Wheee!" Ryan screams happily when sent into air. After failed landing he takes few seconds to gather his breath.

"He's strong!" He's strong. "His heart is mine!" His heart is mine. I refuse to let such wonderful dinner away. Stabby stabby! Perhaps I even figure what I broke in the progress.
[3]
You get up, stagger a step or two and fall down. You look down and your left leg is bent at an odd angle. AWWWW! COME ON! Dinner is getting away!

...Maybe that cat could summon an even better dinner!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: January 25, 2017, 10:12:31 pm »

"Oh dear."

Have a shot of water.  Well, two.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: January 25, 2017, 10:17:16 pm »

Attempt to flip a table.

"Idiots! Incompetent mooks! Brainless fools! You're all fired!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: January 26, 2017, 02:51:06 pm »

Xankarvo's a wizard. That means he spends a lot of time thinking, and despite being, well, Xan in a different form, he's very inclined to want to contemplate the beauty of the universe or whatever rather than outright destroy whatever he comes across. He likes knowing how things work, and why. 

He does have just a bit of a temper, however. And sometimes it gets the better of him.

"RIGHT, THAT'S IT"

Commit a rather short-sighted decision.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: January 26, 2017, 03:19:09 pm »

"Yeah! Burn their house down!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: January 26, 2017, 06:41:39 pm »

Summon a water demon!

Heck, why not. If we're gonna burn the house down, may as well have some drinks. Someone wanna bring some s'mores?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: January 26, 2017, 07:33:09 pm »

Take my plant for a long-overdue walk while the other bastards on the warbeast work hard at killing themselves.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: January 26, 2017, 11:16:31 pm »

"Dammit, I said no cat-burning!"

Maybe stop Xan before he kills us all?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3133 on: January 26, 2017, 11:18:29 pm »

"Oh dear."

Have a shot of water.  Well, two.
Mmm tastes like peach schnapps.

Attempt to flip a table.

"Idiots! Incompetent mooks! Brainless fools! You're all fired!"
[2]
You cannot find a table.

Irony.

Take my plant for a long-overdue walk while the other bastards on the warbeast work hard at killing themselves.
You grab your plant and your jar of blood and you fly far away from the stupid people and their death spiral.

Xankarvo's a wizard. That means he spends a lot of time thinking, and despite being, well, Xan in a different form, he's very inclined to want to contemplate the beauty of the universe or whatever rather than outright destroy whatever he comes across. He likes knowing how things work, and why. 

He does have just a bit of a temper, however. And sometimes it gets the better of him.

"RIGHT, THAT'S IT"

Commit a rather short-sighted decision.
Summon a water demon!

Heck, why not. If we're gonna burn the house down, may as well have some drinks. Someone wanna bring some s'mores?
((Has anyone guessed Oz's power yet?))
[6][5]
Xan suddenly pops up to his feet, stiff arms his would be nurse to the ground and starts walking towards the crew cabin.

"Fuck this, Fuck that, and fuck you in particular!"

He takes a huge breath, sparks his teeth and blows outward. A stream of fire pours from his mouth and out across the crew cabin, coating much of it in xan-made napalm. A moment later, a call comes out from inside the burning building

"I CHOOSE YOU! WATER MINION!"

A barrel of water somewhere in the crew compartment detonates like a pipebomb.  The spray of water puts out the fire but does pretty significant damage at the same time. The cat man is left standing in the smoldering wreckage, apparently trying to strike a pose.

"Dammit, I said no cat-burning!"

Maybe stop Xan before he kills us all?
[6]
You run up behind Xan and club him unconscious with your rifle.
"COULD BOTH OF YOU STOP TRYING TO KILL US?  GO HAVE YOUR STUPID MAGIC FIGHT ELSEWHERE! TAKE IT OUTSIDE!"

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: January 26, 2017, 11:22:09 pm »

((That was fast.))

So, the crew compartment is basically gone now, right?
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 241