Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 336013 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3195 on: February 06, 2017, 02:00:56 pm »

((Oh, I can't do much about that, since that would require denying objective reality, something I'm not strong enough to do yet. I can do, however, is exploit that fact for my own gain.))

"It's too bad, really," Xankarvo continues. "I could have shown you how to control whatever paltry gift you're developing, but I suppose with the current path you're taking you're simply doomed to an agonizing, mewling, pathetic death as your own soul rips itself apart. I'll enjoy watching that, at the least."

Say this nice and loudly, to sow the seeds of doubt. Then go head up to the helm, see where we're going. We need to stop so I can retrieve some of these idols and unlock their secrets.

boooooolll sheeeeeettt. The first time I ever saw him doing something that wasn't obviously just Infinite Empire using him as a puppet was him summoning crab man.
((Funnily enough Xan doesn't even think that summoning the crab thing was a power Sebastian had, he just figured it's a thing anyone can do and that the cat stumbled on it by accident. He can clearly do something what with the pulling the chair out of thin air, but that's about it far as I can tell.))
The cat can do almost anything...so long as it makes your lives more difficult or dangerous.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: February 06, 2017, 02:30:37 pm »

How does the engine spirit know this is a poor idea? Grill it for info.

Oh, and keep stomping the tentacle crabman for bit. See if that makes him less mobile.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: February 06, 2017, 06:46:43 pm »

((God, I thought summoning Tentacrab was going to create a situation in which the team was severely mauled all around. And then it ignored everyone, more or less, and started walking away. and then, the rest of the team proved me right after all.))

Sebastian, the soul of fame itself, recognizes a troll when he hears one, and is unfazed.
Awww, don't be like that, buddy. We've been having some great adventures together. Dinosaurs, musicians, and drama! It's like a musical, only better, because we're going to eat sky bugs! Ain't that right Ryan! Ryan?

Sebastian braces for the after effects of Senior Stompy's Wonderful Misadsventure in Antagonizing Abominations.

Oh, and keep stomping the tentacle crabman for bit. See if that makes him less mobile.

I'm guessing the engine spirit saw the thing, recognized it's power, and kinda extrapolated from there.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: February 06, 2017, 11:54:18 pm »

"CRUSH IT!"

As soon as crab stomping is over, get myself moved down to ground to see how edible are its remains.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: February 08, 2017, 04:24:19 pm »

Dave noticed things were moving, more so than from the booze.  "Hey, where we going?"

Look over the side and observe.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3200 on: February 09, 2017, 08:48:15 am »

boooooolll sheeeeeettt. The first time I ever saw him doing something that wasn't obviously just Infinite Empire using him as a puppet was him summoning crab man.
I mean more the fact that everyone has a habit of running from or blaming him for things. Perhaps a perfectly valid and correct habit, but your actions reveal a faith of sorts.

((Oh, I can't do much about that, since that would require denying objective reality, something I'm not strong enough to do yet. I can do, however, is exploit that fact for my own gain.))

"It's too bad, really," Xankarvo continues. "I could have shown you how to control whatever paltry gift you're developing, but I suppose with the current path you're taking you're simply doomed to an agonizing, mewling, pathetic death as your own soul rips itself apart. I'll enjoy watching that, at the least."

Say this nice and loudly, to sow the seeds of doubt. Then go head up to the helm, see where we're going. We need to stop so I can retrieve some of these idols and unlock their secrets.

((Funnily enough Xan doesn't even think that summoning the crab thing was a power Sebastian had, he just figured it's a thing anyone can do and that the cat stumbled on it by accident. He can clearly do something what with the pulling the chair out of thin air, but that's about it far as I can tell.))
You discover pretty quickly whats going on. Mainly due to the deathclaw's constant screaming about it.

"CRUSH IT!"

As soon as crab stomping is over, get myself moved down to ground to see how edible are its remains.
Because he was around to see xan get shot and you fail to attack. He's extrapolating chances of future success compared to past failure.
[1]
"Hey, raise your foot so we can stomp him again."

((God, I thought summoning Tentacrab was going to create a situation in which the team was severely mauled all around. And then it ignored everyone, more or less, and started walking away. and then, the rest of the team proved me right after all.))

Sebastian, the soul of fame itself, recognizes a troll when he hears one, and is unfazed.
Awww, don't be like that, buddy. We've been having some great adventures together. Dinosaurs, musicians, and drama! It's like a musical, only better, because we're going to eat sky bugs! Ain't that right Ryan! Ryan?

Sebastian braces for the after effects of Senior Stompy's Wonderful Misadsventure in Antagonizing Abominations.

I'm guessing the engine spirit saw the thing, recognized it's power, and kinda extrapolated from there.
You walk over to whats left of the crew cabin and hide under some debris.

Dave noticed things were moving, more so than from the booze.  "Hey, where we going?"

Look over the side and observe.
You poke your head through the rails and look out just in time to see the crab man, scurry out of under the warbeast's foot, running around in a very odd configuration thanks to its ball jointed limbs. As soon as it gets out, it braces itself with two arms on one side and uses the other two to draw its bow and many arrows.
[3]
"...Crud"
An arrow files up and catches you straight on the frill, blowing a piece of it off. You know its not fatal or even really too dangerous, but IT FUCKING HURTS. That thing is bone, man, its like he broke your face...leg..thing...this booze may be starting to take effect.

The deathclaw, in spite of his broken leg, manages to roll out of the way of the arrows. Right off the side of the warbeast. He catches hold with his giant claws and doesn't fall, but he is very precariously placed.

Oz gets a free pass on this one because he saw it coming.

Mr.Bird gets pinned to the deck by an arrow straight through his right wing

Xan gets clipped, drawing blood but doing no real damage. He's clearly tired of being arrow'd today.

Egan just stands perfectly still and his arrow glances off the glass sphere around his brain.

The lady in the mask is unhurt as well, mostly do to inaction and questionable quantum existance.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: February 09, 2017, 09:27:28 am »

You'd think wing armor would help against being hit by a feckin' arrow.

Oh well, break off the shaft of the arrow and see how that affects my ability to get around.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: February 09, 2017, 11:05:06 am »

"YEAARARRHGHGHAHGH FUCKING SEA MONSTERRRRRRSSSSSSSSS"

Damage control.  That probably means run, scream, and take cover, but if there's an option for first aid, that works too.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3203 on: February 09, 2017, 11:24:03 am »

((Did you sell all of your exploding stones? Because they would probably be useful in trapping him/slowing her down so you can run away. Edit: If not on their own then perhaps combined with something else.))
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:26:00 am by Parisbre56 »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: February 09, 2017, 02:45:40 pm »

((One of the stones is down on the ground, at the base of one of the larger statues. I don't know beyond that.))

PW, I think you missed Hyenakles for that "don't get impaled" roll.

Hyenakles will shoot the crab bastard in its smug lack of face.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:48:00 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: February 09, 2017, 04:52:20 pm »

"Free arrows! Score!"

Loot the arrow that was shot at me. Then test if it could be used as a drill by trying to make a hole in the wooden building.

And also funk out of lobsterguy's line of sight.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: February 10, 2017, 06:29:28 pm »

Xan's face is not amused.

"Engine spirit, set a course for us away from that entity while not wholly exiting this particular sub-hell. Additionally, you will no longer accept commands from anyone except myself, the glass orb, or anyone authorized by myself. Understood?

Use fire to incinerate any arrows that are about to impale me, but otherwise do nothing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: February 10, 2017, 08:40:21 pm »

Sebastian remains under cover, patiently waiting as the preliminary combat winds up, and power levels begin to rise. HE fully expects his 'minion' to swing a little harder than mere arrows, so he watches carefully, but from shelter.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3208 on: February 11, 2017, 12:45:28 pm »

You'd think wing armor would help against being hit by a feckin' arrow.

Oh well, break off the shaft of the arrow and see how that affects my ability to get around.

[2]
You're staying where you are, fecker.

"YEAARARRHGHGHAHGH FUCKING SEA MONSTERRRRRRSSSSSSSSS"

Damage control.  That probably means run, scream, and take cover, but if there's an option for first aid, that works too.

[2]
You fall over and make dino moaning sounds while continuing to drink.

((One of the stones is down on the ground, at the base of one of the larger statues. I don't know beyond that.))

PW, I think you missed Hyenakles for that "don't get impaled" roll.

Hyenakles will shoot the crab bastard in its smug lack of face.

[5]
Nah, he just dodged it like a cool guy
[3]
You run over to the railing and take aim at the crabman. You fire off a single shot but it just clips him and ricochets off his carapace.

"Free arrows! Score!"

Loot the arrow that was shot at me. Then test if it could be used as a drill by trying to make a hole in the wooden building.

And also funk out of lobsterguy's line of sight.

"Line of sight" is difficult to guess on something that has no eyes.

[2]
You plunk the arrow straight into the wood and it immediately gets stuck and won't move. Damn.

Sebastian remains under cover, patiently waiting as the preliminary combat winds up, and power levels begin to rise. HE fully expects his 'minion' to swing a little harder than mere arrows, so he watches carefully, but from shelter.
Cowering continues.

Xan's face is not amused.

"Engine spirit, set a course for us away from that entity while not wholly exiting this particular sub-hell. Additionally, you will no longer accept commands from anyone except myself, the glass orb, or anyone authorized by myself. Understood?

Use fire to incinerate any arrows that are about to impale me, but otherwise do nothing.
You tell the engine spirit to head for the mountain sized totems in the distance and not to listen to literally anyone but you. He seems to agree, somewhat.

[6]
As the warbeast starts to walk away, the crabman hurls his harpoon up in a hard arc. It hits the deck and pierces straight through, down into the beast below. A long chain of bright purple metal trails behind the harpoon and back down to the crabman. He pulls the chain with all four arms and it snaps taunt, crushing a section of railing and tearing through the deck as he pulls down.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: February 11, 2017, 03:17:56 pm »

"Aww. Oh! free harpoon!"

Go unhook the chain from the harpoon. Supposedly there's a way to accomplish this, because having a super long chain permanently attached to your harpoon would be very inconvenient if you wanted to store or fight with the thing.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 241