Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335991 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3285 on: February 26, 2017, 04:24:55 am »

"Well, bugger. Don't suppose you could just eat those two idiots as opposed to us all, could you?"

If it doesn't seem like it's in the mood for discussion, grab Ryan and try to glide down to the surface (and if that doesn't work, use Ryan to cushion my fall). Injured limb crew sticks together, them's the rules.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: February 26, 2017, 08:30:07 am »

"JESUS HELP US ALL."
Scream under the bed.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: February 26, 2017, 08:32:16 am »

"JESUS HELP US ALL."
Scream under the bed.

"I agree with this guy!"

Hope to not die.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: February 26, 2017, 02:20:06 pm »

Scratch that, let's cower. Crouch behind one of the massive bricks leading up to the mountain, hopefully putting myself out of the eye's line of sight. Squish myself as far into the corner between the brick and the ground as I can.

Here's a very scientific diagram of what I have in mind:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: February 26, 2017, 06:08:40 pm »

Action post: Survive the round. Await further developments.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3290 on: February 27, 2017, 02:12:38 pm »

((WELP))

Back to the warbeast folks, and get that 'escape to the edge of the heaven' note ready. If the hand looks about to squish me, use it.

Spoiler: Xan (click to show/hide)
"Hmm"

You immediately get the war beast to pick you up.

"Fuck youuuuuuu!"

Hit myself on the ground just hard enough to fracture the glass, shove mind-bullet pill into my brain.
[3]
You slam yourself on the ground hard enough to really scuff your outer shell up, but not do any real damage.

"JESUS HELP US ALL."
Scream under the bed.

"I agree with this guy!"

Hope to not die.
"JESUS HELP US ALL."
Scream under the bed.
The under the bed, terrified of death party voices some strong opinions about current actions. They put forth a request for jesus to save them. Jesus spends the next 10,000 years filibustering.

Action post: Survive the round. Await further developments.
You join the Under the Bed Party.

Scratch that, let's cower. Crouch behind one of the massive bricks leading up to the mountain, hopefully putting myself out of the eye's line of sight. Squish myself as far into the corner between the brick and the ground as I can.

Here's a very scientific diagram of what I have in mind:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You dive down next to the nearest brick at try to jam yourself as much into the space between it the the ground as possible. You are doing a great Grout impression.

"Well, bugger. Don't suppose you could just eat those two idiots as opposed to us all, could you?"

If it doesn't seem like it's in the mood for discussion, grab Ryan and try to glide down to the surface (and if that doesn't work, use Ryan to cushion my fall). Injured limb crew sticks together, them's the rules.
[1]
No, no it does not seem like its much in the mood for that at all.

So you grab Ryan with your beak and glide down to the surface, joining Hyenankles and forming the "Behind the Rock" party.

The hand, with little ceremony, snatches the warbeast off the ground and lifts it several hundred feet into the air. along with all on board.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: February 27, 2017, 02:52:57 pm »

I never got on the warbeast. Nopenosiree.
Move sideways, away from the giant hand's front. Look around the city for signs that might point towards a shop.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: February 27, 2017, 02:54:45 pm »

"I'm sure they can figure out their differences on their own."

Were there any people about? See if they're ill-disposed to us at all.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: February 27, 2017, 02:55:02 pm »

Sebastian climbs the hand. Can't squish or hurl violently into the ground what clings to your back. He then addresses the crowd once more:

as you can see, ladies, gentlemen, guests and friends! We merry travelers sure do make for some great entertainment! Singing! Dancing! Interacting with teh mighty and abominations alike! We do it all1 Wonders? Adventures? Excitement? You name it! We bring it! We have warriors! we have acrobats! We have illusionists and prestidigitators! Be amazed! be astounded! Be entertained! All we ask in return is a small fee. Negligible really! Anything works. Just place it in a pile near the stage. We'll collect it after the show!

Sebastian attempts to attrct as much attention as possible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: February 27, 2017, 04:17:49 pm »

"Everyone who wishes to live will climb out on the warbeast's hand before the Mount King crushes you. Most-Beautiful's followers, this includes you. Now. I suggest hanging onto me."

If I have time before big hand go squishy squish or droppy drop, write in a short extension to 'get me to outside of Heaven' note to include anyone touching me and also the warbeast spirit thingy. Then put note in shell and crush shell. If I don't have time, just save me.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:31:13 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: February 27, 2017, 05:21:58 pm »

"Waaaaaaahhhh"

Join Team Xankarvo.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:52:33 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: February 27, 2017, 11:29:09 pm »

[Hyenglish oaths]

While the hand thing is busy killing everybody, drop to all fours and make a break for the nearest cloud wall.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3297 on: March 01, 2017, 12:32:20 pm »

"Everyone who wishes to live will climb out on the warbeast's hand before the Mount King crushes you. Most-Beautiful's followers, this includes you. Now. I suggest hanging onto me."

If I have time before big hand go squishy squish or droppy drop, write in a short extension to 'get me to outside of Heaven' note to include anyone touching me and also the warbeast spirit thingy. Then put note in shell and crush shell. If I don't have time, just save me.
Hey xan pants, I think you forgot the thing where it takes the people a bit to get started and do this shit?  The Most Beautiful told you this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: March 01, 2017, 01:47:51 pm »

well guess we die then fucj it

edit: though perhaos i shouldn't make lasting decisions during a depressive funk. I'll try to edit to something survivalierer
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:56:37 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 241