Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335854 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3465 on: April 03, 2017, 05:05:03 pm »

Mr. Bird and Hyenakles had been aiming for Black Sun Cult.

EDIT: Try to avoid mentally acknowledging the existence of the weird carrion, now that Mr. Bird has reminded me of it. Lightly shoo him if he tries poking at it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 04:23:11 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: April 03, 2017, 05:52:36 pm »

"Well, that place was definitely shite! That's a bit of a pattern around here, have you noticed, good chap? And- ooh, is that carrion you have on you? Could I try some, perhaps?"

To the Black Sun Cult!

Also have a taste of this ancient carrion that Hyenakles has on him. Any good?

Respect Hyenakles' wishes to have the carrion be left alone.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 05:52:24 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: April 03, 2017, 05:55:31 pm »

"Where else should we try?  This is no good.  It's not like this place is too dangerous; we could roll back to that tree place?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: April 03, 2017, 07:10:28 pm »

Find a lamp shaped pebble or sand grain. summon a wish granting genie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: April 04, 2017, 01:28:32 pm »

"Eh, just repair yourself with the idol sand then, it'll work. Now then, where to go from here..."

"Where else should we try?  This is no good.  It's not like this place is too dangerous; we could roll back to that tree place?"
"Perhaps, but I find myself intrigued by this Divine Wasteland. The forest doesn't hold much for us beyond what we've already seen."

Xan vote for going to the Divine Wastes unless there's major objection?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:32:04 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: April 04, 2017, 04:21:49 pm »

Hyenakles shoos the vulture away. "Not now."

[action edited]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: April 04, 2017, 05:39:58 pm »

"Well, I suppose we might as well move forward then."

Agree with Xan
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3472 on: April 05, 2017, 04:46:02 pm »

I should point out that I can't tell what color the sky is with my current senses. Or see things in the distance, probably.
Head towards where I think civilization would be, anyway.

Thats right, you see entirely with sonar.

Well.
[5]
Luckily you head right in the right direction. Question: What are your rules of engagement here? Going in quiet and secretive? Out in the open?  Avoiding or looking for people?

"Well, that place was definitely shite! That's a bit of a pattern around here, have you noticed, good chap? And- ooh, is that carrion you have on you? Could I try some, perhaps?"

To the Black Sun Cult!

Also have a taste of this ancient carrion that Hyenakles has on him. Any good?

Respect Hyenakles' wishes to have the carrion be left alone.

Mr. Bird and Hyenakles had been aiming for Black Sun Cult.

EDIT: Try to avoid mentally acknowledging the existence of the weird carrion, now that Mr. Bird has reminded me of it. Lightly shoo him if he tries poking at it.

That carrion is pretty dried up, probably no good anyways.

Once through the cloud wall it becomes dramatically evident as to why this place is called what it is.  The landscape is that of an arid, rocky badlands, lacking all signs of life. Nothing but strange rock formations and dull tan sand and gravel. Nearby, maybe a few hundred feet away, is what looks like the entrance to an old mine, a square frame of wood jutting out of the ground. Above, the sky is a dark red, and hanging in the center of it is a black sun. It is massive, far larger than the sun on earth was, and fills much of the red sky. It seems to release a strange and painful light,  which swells in an oil-on-water penumbra around it. You've been here only a few seconds and it already hurts.

Find a lamp shaped pebble or sand grain. summon a wish granting genie.
[6]
You summon a monkey's paw. Along with the monkey. It offers you 5 wishes and then punches you in the face.

"Eh, just repair yourself with the idol sand then, it'll work. Now then, where to go from here..."

"Perhaps, but I find myself intrigued by this Divine Wasteland. The forest doesn't hold much for us beyond what we've already seen."

Xan vote for going to the Divine Wastes unless there's major objection?
The repair of the war beast results in....well. The flesh of the beast was never normal. Pseudo-flesh the engine spirit called it. But now it is something far weirder. The damaged parts regrow in pale albino white, and they squirm with obvious life. Faces, alien forms, all manner of people and creatures, minor gods and forgotten heros, squirm in that flesh, as though contained in a thin rubber shell, like a condom stuffed with maggots.

But the beast is healed at least and rises back to its feet. The structures that used to occupy its back are gone, burnt and smashed along with the supplies they held.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: April 05, 2017, 05:24:19 pm »

"Well, I can ride on anything!  Let's go!"

Cling on to the back with the previously useless skill that Dave picked in character creation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: April 05, 2017, 05:24:42 pm »

Looking for people, though not trying to attract attention. I'm not expecting too much trouble from this hell, but it is still unexplored territory.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: April 05, 2017, 09:11:43 pm »

Dodge punches, laugh and say:
Hahahahaha. I like you. I wish my friends could see you!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: April 05, 2017, 10:47:45 pm »

Go poke those face maggots and pop them like zits.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: April 06, 2017, 07:15:52 am »

"You know, I don't trust that mine."

Avert my eyes from the sky. After double checking that it is not in fact part of me, peel away the carrion and drop it on the ground. Try to guess what kind of animal it could have been.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: April 06, 2017, 08:14:51 am »

"Really? I find the mine quite refreshingly upfront in its ominous nature. I mean, you would have thought the Scarred Tribes would be some nasty buggers, but they turned out to be all right."

"An addendum to that, of course, is that this seems like fairly lethal stuff, given time and exposure. The mine may look quite dangerous, but at least it is a form of shelter, I would assume, potential C.H.U.D.s notwithstanding."

Is the old mine entrance enough to provide shelter from the terrible rays of this weird eclipse?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: April 06, 2017, 11:16:57 am »

Could you please skip me on the waitlist? I don't know when I'll have the time to catch up and run a character in the near future.  :(
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 241