Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 241

Author Topic: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.  (Read 335863 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Infinite Heavens: More than one way to skin a cat.
« Reply #3555 on: May 02, 2017, 02:07:25 am »

"Will do, good chap. I expect it's not all that bad down here, of course. After all, penitence in the face of an angry all-seeing god is how we got modern society!"

Keep waiting for a bit with Hyenakles, but nudge him to start exploring with a torch sooner rather than later.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3556 on: May 02, 2017, 09:58:25 am »

Has egan lost the will to live?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: May 02, 2017, 03:54:09 pm »

"Hmm."

Right, let's temporarily turn back to the Deep Woods and spend some time being ... practical.

IE using those trees we harvested to rebuild that shelter on the warbeast's back.

Assist via feats of strength!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: May 03, 2017, 12:30:31 am »

He (or she, I never learned the brain ball's gender) appears to have suffered the IH version of stasis dementia.

In essence, probably?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: May 03, 2017, 03:29:47 am »

Pretty much, it seems:

Yellow is off doing things that I don't really care about anymore, TBH.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3560 on: May 04, 2017, 07:42:02 am »

Keep speeding it up until it either makes sense or passes out of the range of hearing.
You speed it up until you hear it say "WWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHAAATTT YYYYYYOUUUUUUUU WWWWAAANTTTTTTT"

"Well, shoot. You're the closest thing to a canary down here, so tell me if you start feeling lightheaded."

I think we're just going to keep waiting until either somebody shows up, or we get bored and seek them out. So yeah.
"Will do, good chap. I expect it's not all that bad down here, of course. After all, penitence in the face of an angry all-seeing god is how we got modern society!"

Keep waiting for a bit with Hyenakles, but nudge him to start exploring with a torch sooner rather than later.
After a few minutes of waiting, something does happen. A stone, small and round, bounces off a wall in the darkness somewhere and then skids into the light of the torch, stopping at your feet.

"Hmm."

Right, let's temporarily turn back to the Deep Woods and spend some time being ... practical.

IE using those trees we harvested to rebuild that shelter on the warbeast's back.

"Hmm."

Assist via feats of strength!

[5]
You rebuild the deck and buildings.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: May 04, 2017, 04:20:54 pm »

Shout: "Attention! Love! Adventure! To eat sky crawler bugs! Traveling companions! Knock Knock jokes!

How's the family? Good?"

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: May 04, 2017, 06:58:35 pm »

Hyenakles raises his rifle to his shoulder, and barks, "Who's there?!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3563 on: May 05, 2017, 07:00:56 pm »

We losing interest here? Because I got other games we can play if you've lost interest in IH.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: May 05, 2017, 07:11:43 pm »

Oh I'm willing to keep going on, forgetting to post occasionally aside, my patience is considerable. I can understand why interest might be waning for others though, the game does have an unfortunate tendency to feel ... empty? Unstructured, kinda. It's like an ER mission, only there's no objective and no end. It's why I've been so insistent on looking for the first heaven, it gives me something to strive towards.

Anyhow, maybe reinforce the roof and such a bit (for the others, I should be fine with my fireness helping with not getting burned) and then head back into the Black Sun. Go look for those cultists, they'll undoubtedly be awed by my fire powers.
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: May 05, 2017, 07:34:52 pm »

((I split the party. I insisted we stick around and bug the Mount King, and he broke the warbeast and split the party. Now everyone wants to do their own thing, and we lost some of hte drive that group dynamic brings. Sebastian is having a grand ol' time though.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: May 05, 2017, 08:00:23 pm »

((No, the whole mount king confrontation was my fault actually. I believe the phrase was 'FUCK YOU FIGHT ME', which then proceeded to split the party via way of fireballs and running away.))
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: May 05, 2017, 10:32:13 pm »

((you wanted to leave before we started that fight, and tried diplomacy. It was a failed diplomacy roll that got you into combat mode.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: May 05, 2017, 10:36:41 pm »

((Oh right, I wanted to keep walking or whatever, I think. Ah well, it turned out fun.))
Sig! Onol

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: May 06, 2017, 05:09:39 am »

We losing interest here? Because I got other games we can play if you've lost interest in IH.

I kinda lack any immediate goal that I can aim for and can't think any. The First Heaven is too far away and there haven't been any hints either, so it doesn't really count. So I can't figure out anything to do.

And the team split.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 241