Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! II  (Read 62626 times)

PresidentFord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! II
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2015, 09:01:00 pm »

BRING OUT THE BEAST!

Also, nothin' like a pint-sized knife fight.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »

Without a doubt, match VII has been the best so far.  They hacked off each other's legs, then proceeded to stab until one of them landed a headshot, lol.  BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2015, 09:27:58 pm »

Elimination I Match X
Silver Bull VS. "Uncle" Dorian, Hero of the Freeclimbers

Spoiler: Gladiators (click to show/hide)

At last, vertigo, shall we see some bridge falling off action? I sure hope so!

Silver Bull, a mighty creature indeed. I'm sure you already know this, but Mister Bull is a superhero, a warrior for justice and courage. Standing at a sizable 220,000 Urists gleaming from head to toe in his glorious silver armor. Surely he shall be the victor here no?

Of will yet another superhero, Uncle Dorian, the six-armed spiderman be able to pull out the victory with his small stature of 35,000.5 Urists. Don't be fooled though, this guy flays baddies with his salvo of whipping action, whilst hiding behind a wall of wood of course. This should be good!

Spoiler: Battle Gif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)

Gotta say, I was expecting something a little more, dramatic. A bit more climactic, what a shame, personally Silver Bull will always hold a place in my heart!

I'd like to finish the Elimination round tomorrow.
I've lost control of my life.

PresidentFord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2015, 09:32:06 pm »

Uncle D you beautiful bastard! I always had faith, no really.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2015, 10:11:22 pm »

Just got to read for the first time
What do you mean could hardly land a hit, he gave that snake a right good beating considering he had VENOM in my veins! Uric may have lost but he put up a damn good fight before going down, I mean he got up after being paralyzed like five times, if had kept his hammer that snake would be mush
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2015, 10:20:54 pm »

Brutal! Gotta love the spreading pool of blood as Cerol goes full stab...
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Azhf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2015, 10:36:49 pm »

We might want an FAQ, just to clarify some things. Also, those were some nice fights! Hopefully those whips aren't as potent in my match up...

As a side note though, we might need to balance whips(and similar OP weapons) a bit more next tournament, they really are ridiculously powerful.

drgnlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2015, 12:14:24 am »

They aren't as OP as you think. They are certainly good though. Silver Bull was favored over Dorian. And Ajax was in disfavor against Cadedi. You can't really determine anything regarding anything (especially balance) from a single match.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:20:19 am by drgnlord »

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2015, 12:31:43 am »

They aren't as OP as you think. They are certainly good though. Silver Bull was favored over Dorian. And Ajax was in disfavor against Cadedi. You can't really determine anything regarding anything (especially balance) from a single match.

That's why it's still a good idea to do statistical fights. But maybe not reveal the odds until after the fight. That way we'll be able see what needs to be balanced and in what measure.

BritishBean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2015, 03:11:50 am »

Poor Kieran never stood a chance. Well fought scorpion man.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2015, 03:44:22 pm »

Alright, I shall be finishing the first elimination round soon!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2015, 04:47:55 pm »

Elimination I Match XI
Strokodogaynkin VS. Tortox the Sly

I wonder if we'll see a drowning here back on water hazard. I so enjoy when gladiators use their surroundings to win!

Up first we have, uh, Stro-ko-do-gayn-kin? Right, this little kobold has a nigh unpronounceable name. Try saying it quickly, anyway, this 20,000 Urist bugger brought along a bow, making him the only ranged competitor here. Will it do him any good?

And his opponent is the very shady renowned kickboxer Tortox. With his mach speed legs and poison barbs too, this gladiator may have a very good chance of making all the way. He stands at 36,000 Urists and is not to be taken lightly!

Quickly leaping out of the oncoming storm of copper, Tortox was able to place a couple of excellent kicks to send whatever you call it to an early retirement.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2015, 04:56:12 pm »

Elimination I Match XII
Snamozaspna VS. Princess Klackon-Ktsss-Ktss

Peaceful and woodsy, we are here in the meadows with a menacing moose and an ant-woman.

This unfortunate soul whose name is even less pronounceable than Strokodokopokoloko from the previous match. Standing at 297,500 Urists this poor moose man is being forced to fight in the arena by his goblin slave masters. Let's hope that he can win his freedom.

And his opponent? A princess, Klackon something or another, apparently she has over four-hundred other siblings who would be picked before she would rise to the throne. So why not become a gladiator, sound idea huh? This pretty woman is a measly 50,000 Urists, but her whips make up for that fact!

Well, a shame. Though I suppose our moose friend has escaped slavery. With a valiant effort no less, a moment of silence please. Well done princess!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:05:16 pm by Unraveller »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2015, 05:04:56 pm »

Elimination I Match XIII
Zavier SaintCloud VS. Setro of the Wicked Moon

A snake and a bull are standing over a magma pit. This isn't the start of a bad joke, it's the next match!

This 220,000 Urist minotaur is a world famous wrestler apparently, and he says that he is gonna squash the life outta that little reptile, smashing each and every bone until he squeals like a little piglet. Well, lets see if that'll be the case!

Setro is a black mamba man, much like his serpent brethren he holds a powerful venom that paralyzes his target. Just one bite and the bull will be down. At least, that is what this 36,000 Urist snake man thinks!

Aha yes! That is what I wanted to see, roasted snake. Just smell that lovely aroma! This makes Zavier the second minotaur to cook food live here at heat stroke!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:23:38 pm by Unraveller »

Arkansan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2015, 05:33:43 pm »

Well those were fun!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37