Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! II  (Read 62622 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn! II
« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2015, 05:44:09 pm »

Elimination I Match XIV
Monty the Dark Gnome VS. Ilpi AmberMead

Spoiler: Gladiators (click to show/hide)

Now that is one delicious smell coming from right below our gladiators, smoked snake. Mmmmm.

On the left side we have a very tiny creature. Monty is a mischievous gnome standing at roughly 15,000 Urists. I've gotten word from the totally legal betting corner that this little guy has zero chance of winning this match. Well, that is a sad thing.

Can he possibly hope to best his opponent Ilpi? A grand dwarf-like man, stout in size at 70,000 Urists with a luxurious beard. In one hand an axe of bronze, in the other, some lovely looking mead. This'll be easy work for the man who towers over his opponent.

Spoiler: Battle Gif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)

Against all odds! He's actually done it, Monty has actually defeated Ilpi. Those lousy gamblers are clearly trying to pull our legs!

I've lost control of my life.

The Enigmatic L

• Bay Watcher
  • The Truth is always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »

I got hit in the finger (which explodes lol) and fell unconscious?! Damn it! And I survived so many blows while I was unconscious! Bah!

+100 for dying in the lava in the middle, though. That was a pretty cool way to go. I didn't think my armor would hold up so well, too. I knew I should've bought an adamantine thimble to put on my first finger, left hand like that gibbering old fortune teller told me the day before the match. I'll never kill an old lady for spouting nonsense again!

EDIT: That bronze took a couple of minotaur punches and horn attacks, looking at it again. I mean, goddamn. This is why armor is super important but also why it's useless sometimes.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:12:51 pm by The Enigmatic L »
Does wisdom perhaps appear upon the Earth as a raven inspired by the scent of carrion?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2015, 06:14:00 pm »

Elimination I Match XV
Varick the Undying VS. THE BOAT MURDERER

Were almost finished here folks, just one more match after this klassic romp.

Ah, back again I see. Varick the 20,000 Urist kobold has been pieced back together quite a few times by your truly. I don't know how that head of his is still attached. Well, he is returned to redeem himself. A round of applause everyone!

And his opponent is a dwarf straight from the hellscape that is Boatmurdered. The man has grown insane in his horrid time living in such a place. He gibbers constantly about elephants and magma, so I suppose that he cannot be so different than a kobold. Let it begin!

Well done Varick, you've actually made it past the first round! Though, what sort of victory is against someone as impaired as that? Well done non the less.

[/quote]

Azhf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2015, 06:19:41 pm »

Damn. I knew I would lose, but I was at least hoping my copper helm would hold true for longer, much like the other dwarf's did. GG Varick, you kobold bastard. I shall return next month, with a new gladiator! And know that I shall study long and hard and find the greatest gladiator to ever live!

That said, I will be sticking around for the rest of the tournament.

Also, I think that the champion of this tournament should fight the champion of tournament #1, for fun. Maybe let them have one last round of points too? And sorry to ramble on, but I want to +1 on that Battle Royale with all of the losers.

EDIT: He didn't even have any armor, and yet when I stabbed him I only tore fat. I don't deserve to be called a dwarf.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 06:22:40 pm by Azhf »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2015, 06:20:41 pm »

Elimination I Match XVI
Shotgun Gai VS. Obuesno Osnukngog the Troll

And for our final first round elimination match, let's see someone drown huh?

Another return-e straight from a far away land, wielding his famed blade and runed gauntlet, give it up for Shotgun Gai! He's a bit of a legend back home, though last month he wasn't so tough, has this dude bulked up since then? Let's find out!

And the last gladiator to be announced, straight from his home and loving family, Obuesno Osnukngog! Back home he has three children and a loving wife. This 250,000 Urist troll is looking to bring home the gold back to his family, can he do it?

Well, look at that cyan blood splatter all over, ya know, I can't help but feel sorry for the old troll. I'll go patch him up.

Azhf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2015, 06:30:25 pm »

Is the second round starting tonight or are you going to start it tomorrow?

Tavern

• Bay Watcher
  • Adventure Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2015, 06:39:08 pm »

Yeahhhh! Strong start, hopefully Gai can keep that up!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2015, 06:45:37 pm »

No no no, this was a terrible misunderstanding.  As you can see from the battle log, Setro simply tripped, making it look as though he was trying to bite me.  When he fell in the lava, Zavier grabbed at his arms, trying to save him.  Darn shame, that :P

So how does advance work exactly?  Do I get another 150 points (or hopefully more)?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2015, 06:47:28 pm »

Well done gladiators, a loser's all out brawl will be held to blow off some of that loser steam. I will begin the second elimination round tomorrow.

Spoiler: New Bracket (click to show/hide)

Match I
-Thud the Mad- Managed by Arkansan VS. -Thurr the Animal- Managed by MrLupenTails

Match II
-Rovod the Red- Managed by Baffler VS. -Cadedi Icoricera- Managed by Eritzap

Match III
-Flakshed the Main-Man- Managed by Desolate Domain VS. -King Tuticane- Managed by _italics_/xub313

Match IV
-Sath the Cloakbearer- Managed by foxtrot VS. -Hokiak of Dryclaw- Managed by DrgnLord

Match V
-Cerol Trollbane, Monster Slayer- Managed by DS VS. -"Uncle" Dorian, Hero of the Freeclimbers- Managed by PresidentFord

Match VI
-Tortox the Sly- Managed by DoctorMcTaalik VS. -Princess Klackon-Ktsss-Ktss- Managed by Tesseract

Match VII
-Zavier SaintCloud- Managed by Immortal-D VS. -Monty the Dark Gnome- Managed by FearsomeClarinet

Match VIII
-Varick the Undying- Managed by variablenonsense VS. -Shotgun Gai- Managed by Tavern

Those of you who have managed to win may begin to upgrade your gladiators, post them of course. And if you are unable to do so by your match, I shall choose the most relevant upgrades for you.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2015, 06:48:13 pm »

So how does advance work exactly?  Do I get another 150 points (or hopefully more)?

You recieve whatever points your race begins with as well as getting any points left over from the first round doubled.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2015, 06:50:21 pm »

You recieve whatever points your race begins with as well as getting any points left over from the first round doubled.
Sweet!  I'll post my updated Minotaur here.

Zavier SaintCloud: Ruler of the Tri-State Area
Manager: Immortal-D
Minotaur
300 points
2.5*2 leftover, +5

Helm, Bronze- 24
Greaves, Copper (sold)+ 11.5
Breastplate, Copper (sold)+ 12.5
Breastplate, Bronze- 40
Greaves, Bronze- 36
Gauntles, Bronze- 16
High Boots, Bronze- 20

Fighting, Adequate- 9
Wrestling, Talented- 60
Observer, Novice- 3
Dodging, Adequate- 18
Striking, Talented- 72
Biting, Novice- 4
Armor, Skilled- 20

322/329 points

Having completed my upgrade, I realize just how completely outmatched the larger characters are.  The point allotment of the tiny creatures means they exponentially surpass the big guys after just 1 round.  Still, should be an interesting set of bouts.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:18:37 pm by Immortal-D »

Mavell_Duceau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2015, 07:03:59 pm »

Ah, good show! I look forward to the next bracket, and the battle royale!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 19, 2015, 07:12:18 pm »

Unfortunately my gif recording thing has crashed twice trying to do this. I tire of setting it up. Would anyone else like to do the little loser's battle royale for me? I'd be very grateful.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 19, 2015, 07:15:21 pm »

These were some nice fights! I'll have King Tuticane updated soon. (I'm subbing in for _italics_ if you didn't already know)

Unfortunately my gif recording thing has crashed twice trying to do this. I tire of setting it up. Would anyone else like to do the little loser's battle royale for me? I'd be very grateful.

I can record it. :)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 19, 2015, 07:18:27 pm »

Anyone who feels the need to do their own guest narration and record the royale and what not may very well do so.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37