Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 86374 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytowers, the Fortress of the Damned
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2015, 02:38:54 pm »

Hey Asmoth?

Well played on that second update title.  I approve.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2015, 10:54:03 pm »

Entry 2:
God my eyes! It's so blurry! I've got to hurry. I found an old piece of carved stone hurried in some rock. I could feel, since I can barely see, some interesting runes. The lines and indentations painted an interesting picture.

I think it depicts a dwarf creating a sword. It then shows the sword being worshipped by dwarfs. Then it pictures Dwarfs striking down a large figure wielding the sword.

Uhh, what the heck?! That makes no sense. Well part of the slab is broken off. Maybe if I dig some more?

OOC: like it so far?  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

cherry-hearts

• Bay Watcher
  • Best Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2015, 03:36:46 pm »

Salmeuk has not posted an update for over a week. As per the rules, his turn is to be skipped.
"Un estado totalitario armonizará en España el funcionamiento de todas las capacidades y energías del país, que dentro de la Unidad Nacional, el trabajo estimado como el más ineludible de los deberes será el único exponente de la voluntad popular."
—Francisco Franco

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2015, 04:43:32 pm »

I'll take it, since I was supposed to be next anyway.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2015, 05:37:24 pm »

Mmhm. I PMed him yesterday and haven't gotten a response since. If there's nothing by tomorrow, Mask can go ahead.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2015, 07:04:15 am »

Ok, no contact from Salmeuk, so it's officially Mask's turn (again).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2015, 04:00:28 pm »

Hallo.

Halfway through Spring.

Sorry about the lack of images, btw, the mac version is irritatingly small-screen.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2015, 05:01:10 pm »

Sorry about the lack of images, btw, the mac version is irritatingly small-screen.
Use cut screen. It's easy to save small yet interesting parts of the fortress with it.

Small images are better than no images at all!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 22, 2015, 05:29:22 pm »

It's possible to make it full-screen on mac, FYI. I haven't done it, but it's possible.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2015, 05:43:11 pm »

Also, Xan, to the best of my knowledge you're not blind. Your dwarf arrived in the first migrant wave, and only the original seven should be feeling the effects. Though I might be wrong; there was still some stuff at the original embark point when you arrived. Or Mask could blind you if you ask nicely.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2015, 05:47:01 pm »

Also, Xan, to the best of my knowledge you're not blind. Your dwarf arrived in the first migrant wave, and only the original seven should be feeling the effects. Though I might be wrong; there was still some stuff at the original embark point when you arrived. Or Mask could blind you if you ask nicely.
Yeah he's not blind... yet.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2015, 10:55:47 pm »

Oh, thanks! I was wondering about the new migrants. I'll add that in and if I have the time/remember edit my posts prior.  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2015, 12:16:35 pm »

-OOC note: you’re not likely to get very many screenshots or accurate dates, I’m playing on a mac and the mac version of the game is irritating and covers up a lot of important information as well as having a tiny screen.  If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be much appreciated.-

Overseer log of Maskwolf, broker
1 Granite 203
Well if this isn’t an interesting turn of events.  I was informed earlier today that I am to take over the fortress after Asmoth decided he did not want to maintain constant control over everything.  Well, great.  This means I actually have to do things.

Oh, and did I mention I can’t see anything?  I had to conscript one of the migrants to tell me what the hell is going on in this place.  Dwarves are skilled at finding their way underground even without their vision, but since half of this place is aboveground I have no idea what to do.

So, from what this guy is reading to me, it sounds like we have a lot of jobs that aren’t getting done right now.  Great.  How on earth am I supposed to accomplish my own plans if I can’t even get anyone to drag themselves away from their jobs to do other things.

7 Granite 203
Another idiot got himself hit with the goo outside, meaning they’re probably going to be blind.  Sucks to suck.

22 Granite 203
I was informed today that a cloud of “infernal dust” had drifted nearby.  I don’t think any of us want to know what that is, but as long as it doesn’t approach us there shouldn’t be a problem.

4 Slate 203
Today, I learned that the idiot ranger made a full recovery and did not, in fact, suffer any injury due to his exposure.  That’s… odd.  I’ll have to keep an eye on him.

13 Slate 203
Senshuken came in from training to inform me that migrants have arrived today.  30 of them, as it turns out, bringing our population from 16 to 46.  I yelled at a few of the useless ones, especially the fisher dwarves, to join Senshuken in training outside, but I’m really not sure what to do with so many.  One of them, a cheese maker who introduced herself simply as “The Cheese Maker” (thinks she’s so clever, but she’s not) apparently was the one who led them here. Hell if I know why the dumbfucks wanted to come to the buttcrack of nowhere, but…

11 Felsite 203
Some more idiots have gotten themselves hit by the goo collecting wood.  Why the previous overseers saw fit to cut down trees in that godforsaken biome is beyond me, but…

Personal journal of Maskwolf, broker
1 Granite 203
Well, that fool Asmoth turned over control of this place to me.  All the better to advance the goals of the
-the next word or words are burned into unreadability- .  I have begun drafting the plans for the network, to be finished within the next week.  The time has come.

7 Granite 203
The plans have been laid out.  All that remains now is for them to be carried out.  Well, and a whole bunch of
-the next few lines are burned- but that can be dealt with at a later date.

9 Granite 203
Work has begun on the initial stages of the project.

23 Slate 203
Today I ordered the fortress masons to produce a large number of rock blocks for the project.  Obviously they weren’t told what the blocks were for, but I need them worked on and I need them relatively soon.

28 Felsite 203
The first stages of the network have been completed, and some work has been done on the lower levels as well.  I have personally moved a small amount of goods to the network: even if our blind bookkeeper notices, a few logs will hardly go amiss amongst the many hundreds we have available.

Trying to contrast the public announcements of occurances with the actual events, and also playing with having a different public and private persona.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2015, 01:35:45 pm »

I'm sure that turning over the control of the fortress was all part of my sinister and far reaching plot to... I dunno, something. Dissect people to get myself a new pair of eyes I guess.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2015, 06:17:55 pm »

I can just click the green expand button in the top left to make the window bigger.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35