Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: Immortalitytower; We Live, We Die, We Live Again.  (Read 86282 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalitytowers, the Fortress of the Damned
« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2015, 02:32:07 pm »

That doesn't seem right. There should be stairs just south east of the dining hall. And the dining hall really shouldn't be open to the air...
There are two entrances to the fort, side by side. One going upstairs, the other leading to the rest of the fort. I just connected the stockpile in the main floor to the staircase, avoiding dwarves the hussle of wandering outside for a moment just to get food.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, it seems that the horse ghost is using his murderer's body to construct himself a new horse body, made of lava-safe stone, wooden support beams, and his own horse carcass as ornements for the hair. He seeks to return to the physical plane as Mecha-horse.

This fort is terrifying.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 03:29:36 pm by Taupe »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2015, 06:09:22 pm »

Summer update 1 -- Other Senshuken

It seems that the horse ghost is using his murderer's body to construct himself a new horse body, made of lava-safe stone, wooden support beams, and his own horse carcass as ornements for the hair. He seeks to return to the physical plane as Mecha-horse.

This fort is terrifying. I've decided to put an end to this project, and went to the craftdwarf workshop to tell that horse ghost what I think of his secret project.

I got lost for two days.

When I finally found where I was (an empty bedroom) people told me that the butcher was back to his senses. He made a mug, a mug. Well, that's what people say anyway. When a deadly horse robot attacks the fortress, don't blame it on me, i tried to save us. This mug is made of spikes and leather and ash, which is cool i guess. Approximative worth, 9600 ... whatever it is we call our money.

Nice way to taunt us, tho, fucking horse ghost. He sure knows how to piss us off. A mug, in a fortress without water or drinks. I'm told a few plump helmets should be ready soon, so I had new carpenter workshops installed inside for barrels, and we'll turn the few logs we got inside into booze containers. Hopefully we make a few batches of wine or beer before everyone dies of thirst. I'm afraid this won't be enough, tho. There are 45 of us, last time somebody told me they counted. That's a lot of dwarves to keep unthirsty (new word btw).

Down in the caverns, Other Senshuken and his three goons are mapping the caverns. they report that the upper layer contains no valuable item of any kind. The ground is pure gabbro, the walls as well, and the place is as dry as an ... something dry. Ugh. I need BOOZE FUCK! Then suddenly, they find something weird.

Dead crundles, and a truibe of dead antmen, including their queen, lie at the south of the cavern, wrapped into a strange and gorey portrait. Since most of the explorers are blind, it,s hard to tell what happened, but Other Senshuken thinks that they definitely killed each other in a turf war. Whatever, it means our recruits get to have some sucky shields and spears. Kaching.

I wish you could drink spears... :(

The hunters venture into the caverns to get some meat. Our best ranger shoots a Draltha once, gets scared, and withdraw to the surface, crying. No draltha on the menu for now.

Other Senshuken are mostly done mapping the upper caverns when they discover a secret path leading downstairs, meaning the two caverns we found are connected. I tell them to go check it out. Meanwhile, the miners haven't found any other network of tunnels, so I tell them to dig some shafts, to see if we missed the third layer. This isnt good. I need booze. Or water. I need to drink fuck fuck fuck.

Where is the booze? Why are those plump helmets not being brewed? We need booze. Bring me the brewer!

The brewer has been missing for a week. Where. The fuck. Is he. He's probably hidding, because he's lazy. Or hoarding all the booze he made for himself. Yup, there's no way he'd ignore the burrows to run outside and grab something. Not while dust and horrid goo are filling up the mountain. I'm sure we'll find him sooner or later.

Senshuken's body is ready to be placed in a coffin. People gather around what's left of his corpse. They stare at what they think must be the coffin, as people ceremoniously put the various body parts inside and seal the lid shut. Apparently the rain and dust ate away at his body, leaving a strange and broken carcass, most of it mangled beyond recognition. That doesn't sounds fun. One of the gem cutters is skipping the ceremony. Why? This is important, we are burrying The Military. His friend says he went to look for his pet duck Metthos, that went missing recently. So he's probably Somewhere in the dorms looking for his pet. No worries.

Uh-oh, it seems that while exploring the second caverns, our military came upon a group of blind cave ogres. Which honestly has to make for some very interesting fight. I'm glad I'm not there to not be able to see it tho, because one of the recruits gets his head smashed in with a powerful punch. Ouch.

...Make that two. Two recruits dead, leaving Other Senshuken alone against three powerful foes. He's been in the military for like, two months now, and never had a real fight in his life, so I'm not sure he'll last more than a second.

And yet...

It seems Other Senshuken is actually a badass. He may be frail and weak and inexperienced, but he's actually handling himself quite well, dodging blows while using his copper short sword to bash and stab at his opponent, inflicting mostly flesh wounds.

the two underling ogres stay behind to deal with Other Senshuken, while their boss, Bankghost, heads upstairs to kill more dwarves. With such a name, it's obvious that he is lead by the spirit of the second butchered horse. Oh no! His hands are bloody, dripping with pulp and red liquid, from smashing in the heads of our two recruits. the beast is slow, but he doesn,t care. nothing can stop him from venturing upstairs.

Unless...

Picture this. Other Senshuken is in his first fight. He's skinny, lack any form of muscles, never had a fight in his life, and his two friends just sort of exploded next to him, at the hands of a gigantic, muscular beast. now he's facing two of them, and he's alone. For the record, he is absolutely naked as a worm, wields a copper short sword, a copper shield, and a quiver. He also got his hands on the bismuth bronze crossbow stolen by Tikijrulus the kobold, but he doesn't have bolts so he throw it away. Using nothing but sheer motivation and his nakedhood, he spends 9 pages of combat logs bruising the cave ogres, until finally the first one dies. Then he jumps on the back of the second, and stab him a hundred times until the beast bleeds out.

Wow.

Bankghost is still climbing the staircase leading to immortality tower. He doesn't know that a new hero has risen, champion of the dwarves and definitely not PG13.

Other Senshuken, official Military Dude, rushes upstairs, with his copper sword and his trusty shield. His usually combed beard, his finely arranged auburn hairs, are now wrecked, dripping with green blood. his entire body leaks ogre fluids as he climbs up the long staircase with the fury of a thousand suns, his dwarven penis swinging between his naked legs. He is our hero, our champion. He is the military dude.

Other Senshuken runs as fast as he can. He catches up to Bankghost, and charges!

Shit.

Spoiler: OOC notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:19:07 pm by Taupe »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2015, 06:32:32 pm »

I think the Paint parts of the updates are the best parts.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Fperson1

• Bay Watcher
  • A Distressing Lack of Weaponsmiths
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2015, 11:49:18 pm »

From the journal of "Fperson1"... uh... bollocks, what's my last name again
Sometime in Summer, can't be arsed to remember dates
Upon reflection, I realize that Magma-duct #2 will either work fine, or flood the area that the militia trains.
Go out there and make those 12 children of yours proud... or I'll draft all of them and send a giant ball of your progeny at the enemy if you die. Fun for the whole family!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2015, 12:30:57 am »

Summer Interlude -- Some dwarven profiles

Ask and you will receive (Mainly 'cause I cannot sleep right now)

Here's Fperson1, who'se power is to not be actually blind. If you don't want to touch the diaries, which I enjoyed, feel free to write down that you recovered in the new hospital because you were smart enough to run inside quickly. actually few of the new migrants got blinded. Those who did also ran into infernal dust and hum, went on vacation.

With 100% of our civilian dwarven profiles done, let me introduce my newest creation, the new militia of Immortalitytower! Bonus point to the one who reaches a weapon first, or the ogre last. did you know you cannot wall off the caverns the way I currently designed them? The more you know!

Iamblichos, you are 100% of the surviving members of your squad, and thus the old military. Your special dwarven ability is to not have reached the fight in time, and also to be deeply traumatised by the horrible deaths of basically everything around you. You are currently in the caverns, trying to find your way up, in order to catch up with the ogre. I have great hopes for you.

Senshuken is back into action as New Senshuken, Third in a row. her special powers are high physical stats, and hyperactive gonads, with 12 fucking children. I'm sure she will be missed if she reaches the fight first. Hopefully those kids will give her a reason to hold on to dear life. and if she dies, well, we won't be running out of new Senshukens for a while, ah! Previously a peasant, altho she insists ''Mom'' is her highest skill.

TheCheeseMaker, you are Iamblichos' husband, and your custom title is ''Obvious draft target''. Despite being a farmer (and honestly I randomed one for none registered as a cheese maker, then realised it was one of his skills lol) your dwarf has a high skill in swordfighting. Thanks to a combination of marital devotion, useless vocation and previous training with a weapon, you are now part of the fighting team. You have exactly 18 seconds to prepare and engage the enemy starting now.

Arkarn, you are New Senshuken's husband. Isnt the new squad fantastic. Go out there and make those 12 children of yours proud... or I'll draft all of them and send a giant ball of your progeny at the enemy if you die. Fun for the whole family!

So essentially, the new military is accidentally a double-date of death with a cave ogre. Bring your own wine.

Fperson1

• Bay Watcher
  • A Distressing Lack of Weaponsmiths
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2015, 12:46:39 am »

some extremely rapid awesomeness

Dude holy crap that was fast. I'm super happy abowait what do you mean 'her'

I do love how the quote is "I was near a table, I'm very pleased." Kinda ruins the erudite misanthrope character I was aiming for, but eh. I CAN WORK WITH THIS.

Also, hope you have better luck than me with that insomnia. Sucks, mang.

Go out there and make those 12 children of yours proud... or I'll draft all of them and send a giant ball of your progeny at the enemy if you die. Fun for the whole family!
Also, sigged.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:48:22 am by Fperson1 »
Upon reflection, I realize that Magma-duct #2 will either work fine, or flood the area that the militia trains.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2015, 12:51:40 am »

Being near a table means you arent currently beeing thrown down the stairs to die. So theres "some" positive in that...

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2015, 04:37:45 am »

I just figured out what the second fort entrance is. It should only be leading to a corpse stockpile and garbage dump. I guess I messed up the stairs or something. Or we just have a lot of corpses.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2015, 12:11:43 pm »

Do I look sound like a bloody bowyer? I make axes, hammers, swords, things that bring joy to those poor depressed maniacs that join the military, that carve the flesh from the bones of the foes of the dwarves, or else smash them into unrecognizable paste. I do not make little needle-throwers, worthless weapons powered by a bit of sinew instead of old-fashioned dwarven muscle, things that turn enemies into nothing more than pincushions. Where's the glory in giving the enemy superfluous orifices from behind a fortification?
Joke's on you, I made you a bowyer, ah!

I just figured out what the second fort entrance is. It should only be leading to a corpse stockpile and garbage dump. I guess I messed up the stairs or something. Or we just have a lot of corpses.
It's like a Ouroboros of fail. Stuff died, so people went outside to put them in the corpse pile, accompanied by their pets, which created more corpses, prompting people to repeat the cycle until I noticed that people were ignoring burrows to go from one part to another.

Also, sigged.
Oh, thanks a lot, I'm honored!

I'm currently working on the next part of this adventure, so here's a song that seems fitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhUkGIsKvn0

...you haven't seen shit until you've seen a fucking ogre do a barrel roll.

EDIT: Arkarn, in addition to having 12 children of his own, apparently has 15 siblings. Because this is incredible and funny, I've taken the liberty of adding ''Cactuspage'' to the name of every member of this family, based on the grand patriarch of this house. this include Arkarn himself, his dead brother he's currently avenging, as well as those of his children that came with him to the fortress. Long Live House Cactuspage!

EDIT le second: Well, I think I have enough to make a new update. Should be up by the end of the afternoon, or later in the evening, depending on how many shitty drawings I decide to make. This was, hum, an interesting turn of event?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:05:01 pm by Taupe »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2015, 04:16:58 pm »

Summer update 2 -- Cactuspage

Ok, so, seems like our soldiers have all but been killed by a very scary ogre. We named the Ogre Bankghost because dwarven logic y'all! Our greatest hero, the military dude Other Senshuken, has been sort of pulped by a kick to da face, which is very dangerous when it comes from a creature that's 12 feet tall. And you are wearing no clothes.

All is fine, tho, for one of the soldiers is still alive (altho lost). Iamblichos has seen some serious shit, and is now fucking traumatised. To save her from certain peril, her husband TheCheeseMaker has volunteered to join the army!

''Wait I what?
-Shuttup and go help your wife!''

So, to help Iamblichos and her husband, I've also enrolled our farmers into the military. Except me of course because I,m blind. So Arkarn of House Cactuspage will now be defending his twelve children from the ogre, and so will his beloved New Senshuken...

-But that's not even my...
-I DONT CARE YOU'RE A SOLDIER NOW.

Good luck to you all. I applaud your sacrifice!

Arkarn is the first to meet the beast, who is still stumbling into the staircase, blind as it is. Behind it, a few levels below, lies the body of Other Senshuken, naked and splattered. Arkarn dodges marvelously every blow thrown at him by the ogre. He's a ranger, and he's done it before. He've already defeated a wild boar before, and this is... sort of the same...? Anyway he's doing a great job, and buys enough time for his two friends to join the fray!

The ogre gets a bit touchy-feely with Arkarn, but that's ok because his wife helps him out by throwing very innefective punches at the monster. Oh did i mention all our weapons are either two caverns below, or locked outside dissolved by infernal dust? cause they totally are! But the might of three mighty wrestler is now combined, and they each have minutes of experience under their belt now!

Punches! Dodges! Barrel rolls! Excitement!
Everybody was kung fu fighting.
Those kicks were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightening!
But they fought with expert timing!
Pictured:
-Arkran to the right, a ranger with a fancy feathered hat, doing dodge rolls.
-On top, New Senshuken, grappling the monster and trying to punch his face
-TheCheeseMaker, to the left a fat and bald dwarf with awesome kung fu sidebruns, wearing a purple sweater, trying to pummel the monster's toes.

The battle rages on for a while, and I'm afraid they'll die. Then I remember that Arkarn fights not only to defend his children, but also to avenge his fallen brother Astesh, who was killed in the caverns by Bankghost a few hours prior. Arkarn and Astesh are from a huge family of 15 children, all sons and daughter to Sir Cactuspage, which I assume is a very virile man.

Ol' mom died a few years ago, but sir Cactuspage is still alive and kicking in Councelledbolts. The man is quite a badass, having enrolled as a mercenary when he was 90, and surviving to this day, 70 years later. The dude is now 140 years old, and he's left quite a legacy behind him. House Cactuspage is large and well-known. Twelve of his children still live, down from 13 like this morning. (oups). Many of them have children of their own, who in turn have children themselves.

In fact, the fort counts 5 living Cactuspage as we speak. Arkarn is one of them, and so are two of his youngest children, age 7 and ten, too small to live on their own when arkarn and New Senshuken moved to Immortalpillar earlier this spring. Eruth is Astesh's son, and his own youngling inhabits the fortress as well. I haven,t browsed all the profiles and data from legend mode, only catching the most obvious. some of them may be great grandchild of the old man Kivish, and thus don't register Arkarn in their relative page. Will try to browse for more matches before the turn is over...

While in legend mode, I take a look at the royal family, just to see if they enterwine with House Cactuspage along the line. I find that our king, Kib Tongshole, is also the sire of a rather large family, with 11 children! However, unlike the cactuspages, the royal bloodline has a nice habit of suffering ... bad things. most of them are dead by now, and not of old fucking age let me tell you.

Ezum, the oldest son, died at the tender age of 8, when a group of Narrow Man attacked the civilisation. Edzul himself survived, but then a wyvern known as Sol Ravenslayer the Glorious post of gates showed up, and just... ate the heir apparent. Woopsie daisie!

His younger sister did not survive the Narrow Man attack (which i assume is a night creature?) The second son died at the age of one, when the mate of the Narrow Man returned for a snack. Somehow I get the feeling that the capital is not much cooler than Immortalitytowers.

the third son also died to a wyvern, but a year prior to his eldest brother, suggesting that wyvern slaughter-parties are a frequent social event in the capital. Yay for the higher class!

and then we have the current heir to the throne, alath, fourth child of the king. The lucky bastard survived three different attacks by the narrow man, and then spent 50 years doing push ups and musculation as a pump operator. he emerged as the strongest and beefiest dwarf known to the multiverse, claiming the title of militia commander.

Alath had three children. The eldest son is alive, albeit unremarkable. Same for his brother, who became a lowly brewer.

his eldest daughter, on the other hand, tried to avenge the death of her relatives by becoming a monster slayer. She probably was also motivated by the attack she herself suffered as a kid, by narrow men. She made it her life goal to track and destroy a mighty Landwyrm. That ended up as smooth as you can guess.

Hope you weren't sleeping! I was just remembering a bit of my history lessons, while everyone in the caverns is busy bruising our foe inneficiently. boy, look at the way I talk! I almost sound... non-dumb. Ugh, I have been getting sober! Obviously this is a defensive mechanism meant to help me think clearer for a short time, for the purpose of re-establish the booze industry!

Anyway, you didn't miss much. Iamblichos joined the battle at last. The ogre eventually fell down, under the weight of pain and exhaustion, and our team of dwarves is busy stomping on his inert body like morons. it looks a bit like this:

Soon, i tell myself, they will score a great hit. Or maybe the combined effect of all those bruisings will keep the beast down for the count. But then...

bankghost is back on his (or her?) feet, after a nap of basically three days! With renewed strenght, it grabs Arkarn, and fling him about. the marksdwarf land painfully, and the troll chains up an attack, punching the defenseless dwarf in the face as he lay down. The head explode into gore, and the body is propelled by the force of the blow, bouncing off a wall and landing on the ground. A pile of gore and blood now lies on the ground, leaking blood as the fight wages on in the background.

Arkarn Cactuspage is no more...

Spoiler: OOC notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:26:30 pm by Taupe »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2015, 04:18:44 pm »

Now might be a bad time but dwarf me as Flame.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2015, 04:27:26 pm »

You are already on board!

Good job on being the only non-blind founder of the fortress! You are also, unbelievably, a dude this time.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:45:01 pm by Taupe »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2015, 04:56:09 pm »

Wow, a dude. Okay. And I like grizzly bears too.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2015, 05:10:45 pm »

If I'm not dwarfed yet - do it! And throw me into ongoing battle, if possible.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2015, 05:35:46 pm »

Actually, yeah, I remember being dwarfed now. As if to balance all the chicks I've been, this guy is a 16-year-old dude who likes grizzly bears, jugs, and is muscular.

NOW PUT SOMETHING METALLIC IN MY HANDS AND SEND ME AGAINST THAT FUCKER
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35