AMERICA FUCK YEAH (Megabots MK II)
- 15 (18.3%)
GLORIOUS NIPPON (Kuratas)
- 21 (25.6%)
GIANT ROBOTS WOOOOOOOOOOOOO
- 46 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Megabots Inc Vs Suidobashi Heavy Industries Giant Robot Duel: ON OCTOBER 17TH  (Read 12068 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile

Another example of a giant robot America built, I really would like to see the Japanese guys face after seeing that since he claimed giant robots are a Japanese thing...
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

That's not really that giant. :P

More seriously dude, don't take it personally. He's not claiming a monopoly on them or anything, just stating that the concept has become a notable part of Japanese culture. Pretty much almost all modern mecha-centric media is descended from Tetsujin-28 through some path or another (with a lot of crossbreeding involved along the way), and Japan is the place that produces the most mecha stories and has many of them as cultural icon. We've got our own bots a plenty, but credit has to be given where it's due.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 04:07:49 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile

I understand that but it felt like he just said giant mecha is a purely Japanese thing not something that others should be trying to make. I might be wrong be when I saw the response it was kinda arrogant. Granted, in certain light; the American challenge video could be seen that way but in the end to the world NO MATTER WHAT Americans will always look arrogant.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

He was just saying it would be a blow to national pride if they lost because of Japan's relationship with giant robots. It was sort of following up on a blogpost he made right after the initial challenge where he expressed disappointment with Japans rate of advancement because "The natural order of things was for giant robots to fight in a tournament in Japan first and then the champion gets to go on and challenge the Americans".
It's FEF, not FEOF

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile

If you really be honest about the whole thing, it's the lack of monetary interest in the fact that there's little work in the giant robotics field. The best we have, and its really good too, is the Battle bot series.

They had another kickstarter that failed but the video is nice.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 05:48:03 pm by SquatchHammer »

King of Candy Island.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Your link is still busted.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile

K fixed and I always have problems with links.

King of Candy Island.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

That kickstarter is from almost a year ago. I'd imagine now with their videos showing the proof-of-concept mech they've built and Japan accepting the challenge, there'll be more people willing to throw money at them and the concept of grorious mech combat.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

If you really be honest about the whole thing, it's the lack of monetary interest in the fact that there's little work in the giant robotics field. The best we have, and its really good too, is the Battle bot series.

They had another kickstarter that failed but the video is nice.

Not surprised it failed when most of the sounds used in the first 30 seconds were all copyrighted material. WWF/WWE, Tripwire Interactive, to name a couple.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile

It looked more of a pipe dream then, they really didnt have any real goals or set rewards.

King of Candy Island.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Megabots' kickstarter is up! Also they got Grant Imahara and  Battlebots to sign up to help them, and NASA and various companies will be helping them if they reach their stretch goals.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Safety 4th, folks.

I like the way they think.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Surprising very few people who have played the game, Robocraft bot. Almost certainly an armed artbot by the look of it, since it'll lose its turning ability in a fight with only two treads, the electroplates are hardly going to block much (but look pretty good as pauldrons!), its only using a reasonable amount of smgs instead of dozens of t1 pewpewpews, and theres what looks like a custom cockpit piece(s) in the center. Looks cool though, which was probably the whole point. :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:30:46 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Megabots' kickstarter is up! Also they got Grant Imahara and  Battlebots to sign up to help them, and NASA and various companies will be helping them if they reach their stretch goals.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9