Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The fortress's situation is looking increasingly unsalvageable. What do?

Roll back to before Taupe's disastrous turn
Keep going and see what happens
Let it die

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 140

Author Topic: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- The End(?)  (Read 383559 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Welcome to Purgatory! [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1125 on: December 26, 2015, 03:20:17 pm »

I don't think obsidianising the magma again should be necessary, since IIRC Taupe already fixed the top layer and in my semi-turn at least the entire spire was easily-accessible (save for the very outermost squares in the upper levels, which is normal). Although if something changed in the interim and I forgot about it/failed to understand it properly it wouldn't be a surprise :V

Also, We have struck pig tail! Praise the Aldraglienons!
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: (34.11 Succession) Clobbermountains -- Welcome to Purgatory! [Players Wanted!]
« Reply #1126 on: December 26, 2015, 04:08:43 pm »

Not necessary to be sure, but encasing and channeling out each level of the spire starting from the top lets us access nearly all of the outermost ore squares. We'll probably get more ore out of the first two or three levels this way then we could get out of the entire spire by just mining out its interior.

Of course this requires large amounts of water which necessitates throwing that damn blue lever in the old fort.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 04:11:11 pm by Crashmaster »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 26, 2015, 04:30:33 pm »

Not necessary to be sure, but encasing and channeling out each level of the spire starting from the top lets us access nearly all of the outermost ore squares. We'll probably get more ore out of the first two or three levels this way then we could get out of the entire spire by just mining out its interior.

Of course this requires large amounts of water which necessitates throwing that damn blue lever in the old fort.

That occurred to me as well. I'm just wondering if it's even really necessary, since in a stunning display of serendipity we now have unchallenged access to the entire length of the spire, since the demons were all in the old fort thus allowing me to floor over the portal to hell at the very bottom :V
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 26, 2015, 05:10:27 pm »

That occurred to me as well. I'm just wondering if it's even really necessary, since in a stunning display of serendipity we now have unchallenged access to the entire length of the spire, since the demons were all in the old fort thus allowing me to floor over the portal to hell at the very bottom :V
One of the many advantages brought forth by my wise and uncontroversial rule.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 26, 2015, 05:54:14 pm »

One of the many advantages brought forth by my wise and uncontroversial rule.

Agreed. 10/10 turn, would annihilate entire fort again. I'm honestly not sure if I'm joking or not

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 26, 2015, 11:29:25 pm »

Guaranteed that lever controls that bridge. It's blue. Plus I built it.
Good to know we can trust that lever.

The supplies moving; there was a bug where de-constructing something would suck up all the loose items in the area and place them down in the same tile with whatever the construction had been made from.
So just be careful with deconstruction got it.

p.s. I'm pretty sure; not from below
Eh, didn't think so myself just wanted to check anyway, Airlocks it is then.

Also, We have struck pig tail! Praise the Aldraglienons!

We had the caverns open when my turn started so we were gathering silk before that. I forgot to mention it but I was having it turned into clothes pretty early on. We also have 2 pairs of silken socks. However, most of the silk went to trousers and coats because dwarves have hardy feet and can survive walking barefoot on stone but by the gods we need trousers for our sanity plus the lower bits get chilly in cold dank caverns.

If I remember correctly we have 3 bolts of silk left but I am saving those for moods.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 27, 2015, 11:00:55 pm »

Sooo, news guys:

I'm not gonna be able to take my turn until about the 3rd of January. Its in all likelihood that Al is going to finish his turn before then, and I won't be able to play because I'd honestly rather spend time with my family than have to squeeze in time to take my turn.

In my absence I suggest that you either let Al take some extra time on his turn or put someone in right before me.

Just wanted to let you guys know.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 27, 2015, 11:24:11 pm »

Sooo, news guys:

I'm not gonna be able to take my turn until about the 3rd of January. Its in all likelihood that Al is going to finish his turn before then, and I won't be able to play because I'd honestly rather spend time with my family than have to squeeze in time to take my turn.

In my absence I suggest that you either let Al take some extra time on his turn or put someone in right before me.

I think that's going to be the norm rather than the exception for most people. It's new year's eve, nobody is going to mind if you don't start your turn on that day, I believe.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 28, 2015, 12:24:01 am »

Sooo, news guys:

If someone (I KNOW YOU'RE THERE, LURKERS, YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME FOREVER) signs up before you're available, I'll slip them in before you. Otherwise you can take your turn whenever you happen to be free.

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 29, 2015, 01:18:28 am »

Just a little update because I haven't been incontact for a bit.
I have only 2 more months of spring until I am done with my turn so I should have the save up by tomorrow. I will try to have the writeup done tomorrow too but no guarantees.

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 30, 2015, 09:11:16 am »

Yah, No Write up today toooo tired. The save however http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11587

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 30, 2015, 05:52:57 pm »

Okliedoklie. I'll put the link to the save in the update list once the final writeup is out.

E: Also, don't run yourself ragged trying to get everything out, lol. I'm not exactly in a hurry to progress, since we are rapidly running out of players (in the future I think I'll avoid writing much side material for the fort, since I feel like it's intimidated most prospective players out of signing up).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:34:43 pm by Mr Frog »

Aldraglienon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 31, 2015, 04:59:30 am »

in the future I think I'll avoid writing much side material for the fort, since I feel like it's intimidated most prospective players out of signing up
Awh I really like your side material but I do understand what your getting at.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 31, 2015, 04:49:08 pm »

in the future I think I'll avoid writing much side material for the fort, since I feel like it's intimidated most prospective players out of signing up
Awh I really like your side material but I do understand what your getting at.

Lol don't worry, I'm talking tough now but I guarantee you that if I ever do a sequel to this I will be physically incapable of not writing 3,000 side stories for it that go nowhere. I just have to learn to take it in stride a bit better when someone accidentally meddles with my plans, lol.

E: Heavily-condensed the rules list for overseers, since I think it was a bit too daunting to read. lol
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 01:44:13 am by Mr Frog »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile

I'M BACK BABY!!

Imma wait to start playing until about the 4th if that's okay with you guys.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 140